Watch Dogs

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice try, but I'm afraid Watch Dogs' real problems are hardware agnostic.

spronk

FPS noob
here are some various screenshots with the different AA settings in watch dogs
Watch Dogs Anti-Aliasing Comparison on PC : watch_dogs

I thought TXAA was supposed to be the "fastest" but the guy claims its actually the biggest perf hit, although it looks the best (huh...)

i'm not sure now whether to use FXAA or MSAA

also while i mostly played with controller there are a few mini games that are vastly better with mouse, pretty much anything where you need to aim with gun like the space invader stuff. you can switch back and forth seamlessly or use both at once or whatever

tweaking article for master race players explains more what all those settings in graphic options actually do with example screenshots
Watch Dogs Graphics, Performance Tweaking Guide | GeForce

Column_sl

shitlord
I ended up buying it digitally this morning for the PS4.

What sold me was watching the multiplayer last night. I got it for the PS4 because I recently bought a 75 dollar oled vita off of Ebay, and the remote play is awesome.
So not really having any games on the PS4, coupled with the Vita extension was my decision maker.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I got it for the PS4 this morning as well.

So far I really like it, main character is cool and I prefer the vigilante angle to the GTA criminal style. City seems very lively and there's a lot going on, will pick up the season pass later.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I have been browsing FoH since kunrak/velious era and I just wanted to say that I worked on that game. I remember writing about it in the old game developer sub forums on FoH but it's been a while =)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have been browsing FoH since kunrak/velious era and I just wanted to say that I worked on that game. I remember writing about it in the old game developer sub forums on FoH but it's been a while =)
"that game" being Watch Dogs? Or EQ?

spronk

FPS noob
is it really true that watch dogs was originally done as a racing/driving game? thats kinda crazy. but grats anyways, its always nice shipping a title

Best Buy is running a promo on the game, buy it and save $20 on another next gen game. If you do buy a few games go in store and get a GCU membership ($60 for 2 years), you automatically save 20% on all games and get other bonuses too. After you finish the game trade it in within the first month and you'll basically recoup 90% of what you paid.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/sav...at332500050018

Column_sl

shitlord
Well game ending bug within the first 20 min on the PS4 digital version.
Game just stops, and says it needs to install the game on the HDD. It's already installed on the HDD so the progress bar never moves....

And when you exit and continue it does the same thing, and won't allow you to play at all.

Great job guys, awesome bug testing on this one...

Devlin

Golden Squire
Odd, been playing for a few hours and no problems at all.

Did you try turning it off and on again? lol.

Vorph

Got the real version installed this morning, copied over my savegame from 3DM version--including the DLC unlocker stuff I grabbed yesterday--and everything works perfectly in the legit game. Season Pass doesn't unlock for obvious reasons, but I have the rest of the preorder DLC installed and working just fine in the nvidia voucher version which came with no preorder stuff at all. Not having to start over is a nice bonus, all I miss out on is the Uplay point reward for completing Act I.

Was going to try online stuff to see if it's any good, and at least unlock the car from participating in 10 races, but apparently Uplay is dead at the moment. Awesome.

Vaclav

Well game ending bug within the first 20 min on the PS4 digital version.
Game just stops, and says it needs to install the game on the HDD. It's already installed on the HDD so the progress bar never moves....

And when you exit and continue it does the same thing, and won't allow you to play at all.

Great job guys, awesome bug testing on this one...
Column didn't read anything about the "quick install" option for it and bought it without doing any preloading it appears.

The initial install of a PS4 game is enough to let you run through some of the early parts of the game (you'll note it's usually like a 5GB or so portion of the game) - extra areas and such continue to download in the background while you play or do whatever else.

The error is behind the controller - I can guarantee if you check the game information it was at like 5-10% installed and you got out of the initially loaded area(s).

Why do people buy things without even basic research into their products? Jesus.

[For example Wolfenstein will install the first level in like 5 min or so on my FiOS - but the other levels (53GB) take another 4 hrs or so to complete downloading - and of course that was over a timeframe when PSN was likely less hammered - it's probably even slower with Watch Dogs being as popular as it likely is (I bought mine retail)]

Column_sl

shitlord
The error is behind the controller - I can guarantee if you check the game information it was at like 5-10% installed and you got out of the initially loaded area(s).

Why do people buy things without even basic research into their products? Jesus.
I rebooted the PS4 and let it run for an hour straight , it hasn't moved an inch since when it stopped. It's still trapped at 45%....
I'm giving up at this point, and just deleting it to install it again because after exiting and reentering the game again its still stuck at 45%

After an hour it should have moved.. This is on a 100 down lan connection.

This has nothing to do with preloading you fucking retard, or Devlin who also has the digital version would have the same damn problems i'm experiencing.

This game is truly a buggy piece of shit. Currently stuck in a convoy mission that I cannot complete because the fucking drivers keep driving headfirst into buildings and killing themselves. This is before I can get anywhere near the convoy, the AI just straight up offs themselves.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yeah, best to reinstall it from scratch.

I'm still really really liking it, it borrows loads of stuff from other games but it does what it does really well. Being invaded feels like Dark Souls, playing stealthy is similar to MGS.

There's a lot going on as well, I set a waypoint to something like a ctos station and seconds later I get a crime in progress announcement or someone is invading. It's pretty easy to spot invaders, they're nearly always driving a high performance car, badly.