Watch Dogs

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
honestly I wouldn't spend $60 on it. Personally I am just going to gamefly it and probably buy Murdered: Soul Suspect in a week.
Ooh. Thanks for reminding me of that one. Maybe I should get that instead and rent this.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Next gen only means more graphical power, I'm not sure what glitches and bugs have to do with it at all. And power doesn't really mean it'll look better than old gen on all aspects either. I mean you have to be a fucking retard if you think going from PS3 to PS4 would suddenly improve AI and remove bugs from games. Now you can argue that this game's too fucking bugged and shit but next gen really has jackshit to do with it.

Column_sl

shitlord
And it's a 40 GB game, that's a good hunk from done.
According to the PS4 game information tab, its a 20gb game that installs up to 16gb. If you open your game you can clearly see it.
The patch installs before the game you don't even get a choice on that.

I find it very hard to believe that I was stuck in a download screen for the opening stadium for over an hour with a game that installed itself up to its cap...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here, Vaclav? I'm not asking for your help.
If you are trying to rev me up so we both land in the Rickshaw, I'll be happy to comply.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
PS4 version here:

Like the grafix tbh, not too shabby. Driving physics is around GTA IV standards (sucks), shooting is terribad with the cover system (and in the begining you will be shot to hell if you try to stray from cover).

My main complaint: That these fucking retards have enabled the online features by default. I do not want to "get invaded" in the middle of a fucking mission, ok? If you could not bring yourself up to Saints Row standards and allow complete co-op campaign you should keep the fucking online things to deathmatches or whatever. Between "Not able to connect to UBI soft servers" every time I start to STILL being fucking invaded due to settings reverting to "online enabled" (but oddly enough still not connected to UBI servers....hmmm wut?) when i forget to change them before resuming my campaign its getting really boring really fast.

I sorta like the hacking aspect of the game even tho it is just press-click-get candy, but I am kind of wondering where the game they showed at E3 last year have gone. This is GTA with tacked on (very very VERY basic) hacking, but since we lack a GTA for the PS4 I guess it will have to do for now.

Edit: I dont know why its so hard for these GTA clones (or GTA for that matter) to take a page from Saints Row and let us play co-op. Is it against some developer law or something? SR might have gone from a vulgar GTA clone to full blown insane GTA clone, but at least you can have fun and play together in it. We dont need these invasions, deathmatches and shit as shoddy "co-op".

(Why oh why did "The Division" get delayed to 2015... gaaah!).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Odd must've brainfarted on the size, swore Wilfenstein was only slightly bigger in a quote, but 20.4 gb for PS4 is apparently correct. And yes, I'm trying to help you technical support it - no one else seems to have the same problem unfixably on the entire internet, everyone with a similar problem had some variant of DL issues.

So either you've got damaged hardware or you need to fix or complete the DL.

Vorph

I do not want to "get invaded" in the middle of a fucking mission, ok?
My impression of the MP is that it's a pointless, tacked-on "Souls"-wannabe, but invasions are disabled while you're in a mission. Not that I've actually gotten to try it, since Uplay has been down all day.

Edit: Annnnnd Uplay is finally fixed.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know if that 20$ off any ps4 game when you buy watch dogs stacks with the infamous sale at best buy? On the fence with picking this up today but infamous for 15 bucks would certainly tip me in that direction.

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone know if that 20$ off any ps4 game when you buy watch dogs stacks with the infamous sale at best buy? On the fence with picking this up today but infamous for 15 bucks would certainly tip me in that direction.
yes it stacks however I believe infamous is back up to $60 at BB today, the $35 sale was just yesterday I think. You would get in addition the GCU discount of 20% on both games if you are a GCU member ($60 for 2 years this week). online anyways shows $60 for Infamous but it may be cheaper in store?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

the PC version is the definitive version, if you can play it on a PC thats the best one to play it on. The console versions will be just fine however, 95% same graphic wise for most people, loading screens are really fast on PC and a bit slower on ps4/xbone. The $20 season pass is mostly multiplayer shit like AC4, only one single player campaign will be out I think in a few weeks/months. I'd expect Watch Dogs GOTY editions in 9-15 months, Ubisoft also aggressively discounts all their games.

Vorph

Anyone actually able to connect to any online sessions (PC) since Uplay came back up? I've only gotten one Tail mission and zero races, despite it saying the average wait time is 2-3 minutes. Trying to figure out if it's broken for everyone or if it's maybe something to do with me having ~45% completion of the game when most people are just starting out.

Edit: Fuck online tailing. The person being tailed has an absurd advantage because all he has to do is run away (which wastes everyone's time because neither party gets a reward) or find any of a million spots where there's no camera coverage and no NPCs (which triggers a countdown that will force the tail to reveal himself or lose automatically). You'd have to be afk or braindead to allow someone to fill that excruciatingly slow ticker to 100% when counter-profiling happens instantly. I'd just write it off as shitty MP, but I want the damn silenced Vector SMG.
frown.png

Still haven't gotten a single race either. Just times out after ~10 minutes every time I try.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
yes it stacks however I believe infamous is back up to $60 at BB today, the $35 sale was just yesterday I think. You would get in addition the GCU discount of 20% on both games if you are a GCU member ($60 for 2 years this week). online anyways shows $60 for Infamous but it may be cheaper in store?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
Damn, looks like your right. That would of been sweet.

Devlin

Golden Squire
PS4 version seems very solid. I haven't noticed anything out of place, but I've been gaming for over 30 years so my tolerance level maybe reasonably high.

Just bought the season pass.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I can't even get past the first cutscene without the game crashing. It says my AMD display driver has stopped responding. Setting everything to low doesn't resolve the issue. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Next gen only means more graphical power, I'm not sure what glitches and bugs have to do with it at all. And power doesn't really mean it'll look better than old gen on all aspects either. I mean you have to be a fucking retard if you think going from PS3 to PS4 would suddenly improve AI and remove bugs from games. Now you can argue that this game's too fucking bugged and shit but next gen really has jackshit to do with it.
al
I agree with next gen not eliminating bugs, as it probably does the opposite and creates more potential for bugs. But strongly disagree that it's purely "graphical power". More advanced AI is something they can do with more powerful systems

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone who got a boatload of target gift cards, target is running a promo this week: buy watchdogs for $54 on xbone/ps4, get $25 off 1 year PSN/xbox live sub (50% off basically and the cheapest you'll ever see it)

Fadaar

That guy
Evading the cops and then having those faggoty yellow search circles drop right on top of you is a bad mechanic.