Watch Dogs

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck? No digital download unless you shell out $70? Fuck off with that nonsense.
The chart is wrong, there's a digital standard edition that just comes with the Blume Agent/Palace/Signature Shot pack (just one of them, depends on where you buy from). $60 most places, $48 with GameFly MAY20OFF voucher, probably the same at GMG, etc. Nvidia codes with no pre-order bullshit are $30-35 on Ebay generally.

Caliane

i'm just gonna pirate the game on pc first to see if i like it, its gotten too much strange shit going on now to tell if its gonna be a good game like south park or a shit game like thief ended up being

plus, i mean look at this shit

WQSkKX6.jpg
wow...
ubisoft.. you were doing so well lately.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I find that chart amusing, since I just bought another 780 and I will be getting a coupon for the game. I have no earthly idea what bonuses (if any) to expect.

The suspense! ... or something.

spronk

FPS noob
the video card game codes are always just for the stock game (standard edition here), you can buy the season pass to get most of the DLCs though

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
No wonder there were delays, probl took them 3 months just to figure that chart out
smile.png

Vorph

Not that I'd ever defend pre-order faggotry, but that chart is vastly overcomplicated and really not any different from any other AAA game that has standard, deluxe, and collector's editions. It just looks like a mess because they put all the shit from every region in it.

And from what I've been reading while trying to find a better price than $35 for a voucher, the "special edition" of the game in that chart is referring to the version you get from Nvidia. So basically it gets you the pre-order bonus assigned to Best Buy which is some vehicle perk thing. Yay?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Amusing how this game is 17% discounted on Steam bringing it down to regular full priced games. 49.99 euro for normal and 59.99 for the deluxe.

IE: New Wolfenstein pre-order is 49.99 too (no rebate).

Not going to buy this game until I see reviews anyways. I am skeptical, but if they pull it off, I will probably get the season pass as well. Large potential, but worried that it will be shallow/monotonous and they won't be able to pull off that "every person is special" thing. At least no more than what Sim City supposedly aimed out to do initially as well.

spronk

FPS noob
ok I am definitely pirating this first to see if its a game I even like, this review is not painting good things about the MP, the only reason i'd buy this on PS4 instead of PC
Watch Dogs Review: Not Quite The Hacker We Hoped

sounds like the online multiplayer game is like AC4, which was fun for an hour or two and then I stopped playing it. It does sound a bit Dark Souls-ish, in that if you play online you can get invaded by trolls constantly.

also i guess the xbox one version looks kinda meh, hoping PC version is better (should be)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
article_sl said:
Aiden Pearce trusts very little people in a tough Chicago world full of the underworld contacts which he works with and works against.
The possibilities of having an underground network of midgets...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.
That sounds more like semi online DRM than invasions like Dark Souls.

Vaclav

I'd wonder if that was actually a mechanic or if it's just a matter of the network not being fully up for the game yet - I did have AC4 PS3 MP eat my character a few times because it couldn't find UBI and ended up reversing hours of progress (which being an early review likely they only had hours of progress in MP stuff).

Pennies to pesos that's not an actual mechanic and it's just a symptom of the save system for the MP stats glitching somehow. [Amongst other things, if it does work that way, "Oops my router disconnected" is either going to screw a ton of people or will be a workaround - either of which would make the implementation as they claim it to be to be really foolish]

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Does having yourself successfully hacked by another person in multiplayer have any meaningful effects for your game experience?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I swear the previews for this game jsut never lit my fire but then neither do the GTA games. Guess I will torrent this first to check it out.