Watch Dogs

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stealth is a pretty minor element of the game as a whole. More area observation than anything.

Sidenote: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the trophy for Social Lubricant. It's so terrible.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In GTA 3, I would make a car crash, watch the ambulance come for the wounded, make the ambulance explode and then the firebrigade would come. In Watchdogs I make cars crash, nothing happens.

In a dark alley I saw a guy taking a piss, so naturally I sprinted into him full speed. He said sorry.

It isn't just the piss poor PC optimization (going from 20 FPS to 60 FPS by setting the game to borderless on an ATI card), the terrible / non-existant AI, the reflections of stuff that isn't around, the ghosting of controls, its pretty much all of that combined.

Still playing it tho.

Also, when you get invaded you can just suicide to win. Well tested.
There are some AI things that are kinda funny. Like if you cause a huge crash watch the crowd half pull out their cell phones to take pictures of it hehe.

Vaclav

Crash response does happen anyhow his complaint is unwarranted it just takes time, like it should. EMS takes minutes to get there, etc.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Despite the flaws of this game, it really grew on me. I finished it with around 75% done on the progress bar. Debating if I should 100% it or not.

on a side note, I'm kinda surprised how well this game is doing for a brand new ip. The latest is that this game already sold over 4m copies in the first week.

Vaclav

Trust me, once you try the drinking minigame you'll give up on 100% unless you're a lunatic. The drinking minigame SUUUUUUCKS and requires maxing every level for 100%ing.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
4m copies sold the first week. Really enjoying it, my GOTY so far. Already held my attention much longer than GTA 5 and Infamous.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Have this on PC and can run it full bore at 60fps 1440p (thanks SLI) but the game seems to load textures in large batches like there are invisible zone lines. Makes driving really obnoxious, suddenly dropping to 0 fps for 2 seconds every half mile and then instantly shooting back up. Hope the upcoming patch makes things smoother.

Vorph

High or ultra textures and how much VRAM? I've seen a few people complaining about that while driving but never experienced it myself.

I had the game on my SSD too, so maybe it was like Saints Row 2 and having the read speed of a SSD is enough to get rid of fps drops as stuff loads.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
High or ultra textures and how much VRAM? I've seen a few people complaining about that while driving but never experienced it myself.
Ultra. 780FTW x 2 so... 6 GB VRAM total. Enough on a single card for what they recommend. I'll try the SSD if the patch doesn't do me any favors.

They've already admitted the problems are likely related to the "unified" aka "filthy console scum" method of memory allocation so I'm betting the upcoming patch will be beneficial.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this game going to run like shit on a 2GB 670 GTX? Was just about to pull the trigger on that SSD bundle. I already have an identical one of those SSDs that I've had for years, was going to RAID 0 them and get Watch Dogs for free.

spronk

FPS noob
nah you just won't be able to run everything at max. I ran it at 1440p on a 680 GTX just fine, I turned textures and a bunch of other settings to medium and everything looked great. You can actually see what the best settings are for different cards here, and what exactly some of the settings do
Watch Dogs Graphics, Performance Tweaking Guide | GeForce

I'd still wait to play though, the PC port is not that great yet (few bugs) and I'd wait for their alleged big patch that should fix a lot of it

Fadaar

That guy
Well my save game got corrupted. Thanks Obama! Lets see if I can salvage this shit and not have to start a new game...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
G062H.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider

I had the game on my SSD too, so maybe it was like Saints Row 2 and having the read speed of a SSD is enough to get rid of fps drops as stuff loads.
I have Watch Dogs loaded into my 16GB RAMDrive(I have 32GB of 1866 DDR3), and I still get texture pop-in with SLi'd 3GB 660Tis. Has to be an optimization/driver issue. My RAMDisk transfers data about 20X faster than my Samsung Evo SSD.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this game going to run like shit on a 2GB 670 GTX? Was just about to pull the trigger on that SSD bundle. I already have an identical one of those SSDs that I've had for years, was going to RAID 0 them and get Watch Dogs for free.
You can't run ultra textures on a 3GB card and I'm sorry spronk but medium textures look like ps3 shit. I'd wait and see if they patch it, but buy the SSD if you need one.

Vaclav

Well PS4 was gorgeous and no sweat at all. Console master race I guess.