2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
1589953418376.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Got the tools and some new crystals, cracked the one I cared the most for a 7A28, but I did manage to do it on my 7A38-7020. Took it for an ultrasonic bath as well before the upgrade (just the case / bracelet).

Very happy with the results.

• 2Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Another cute one fresh from the mail. Mint'ish condition, sticker on the back, pretty damn happy. These models (35XX) were Citizen's answer to Seiko's 7AXX.

This is the 3560 movement with a 6 o'clock date and no alarm.

Should mention I have a big boner for vertical symmetry in watches and all of them should be no date, or 6 o'clock day / date (Orient and Tissot have some really cool models like this).

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thinking of joining Watch Gang's black level. I'm finding myself missing wearing non smart watches.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Thinking of joining Watch Gang's black level. I'm finding myself missing wearing non smart watches.
Do it. Smart watches are 🤮.

Being less connected is a good thing.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Are seiko kinetics still a thing? I don’t think I’ve worn a wrist watch since’s my rite of passage, Brawl of Thor. Foler Foler ?
Did a quick search since i wasn't familiar with that movement tech. Will look at it more later. Looks interesting, from what i gather the tldr is that it uses the kinetic energy, that's normally used in self-winding automatic watches, to extend the battery life of the watch.

Interesting.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Did a quick search since i wasn't familiar with that movement tech. Will look at it more later. Looks interesting, from what i gather the tldr is that it uses the kinetic energy, that's normally used in self-winding automatic watches, to extend the battery life of the watch.

Interesting.
Wankers unite. Shake it like you mean it.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
66530172ccf8c18183b52bdb8116794d.jpg

It is quite fascinating.
Pretty cool. My only annoyance would be what does servicing it look like? Mechanical parts of it will need to be serviced sooner or later. Is it worth the price?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
66530172ccf8c18183b52bdb8116794d.jpg

It is quite fascinating.
Look up electromagnetic induction if you're curious how that rotor generates the electrical charge across that coil.

Bonus points if you can then write me two paragraphs on how that also makes credit cards work (think swiping them).

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Look up electromagnetic induction if you're curious how that rotor generates the electrical charge across that coil.

Bonus points if you can then write me two paragraphs on how that also makes credit cards work (think swiping them).
giphy.gif

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Some new purchases.

Another 7A38 that unfortunately needs some service, a brand new Citizen from the flea market for 25$ (made in the '80s) and a fucking gorgeous Seiko Skyliner from 1968 that I got from the same flea market for 10$. Cost me almost 100$ more to get it serviced but now runs smooth as butter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user