Watchmen

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Any chance this can actually be good? Lindelof's comments were beyond fucking retarded.

Current chattering online seems to place that chance at "better odds than you might think but still not a super great chance"

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I'm guessing pass on this one?

Capture.PNG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rotten Tomatoes (92%) just scream of "white guilt = good" kinda shit. This sounds more and more passable.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh so he was inspired to do this after reading Ta-Nehisi Coates... that’s a yikes from me dawg.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I think reviewers have only gotten 6 (of 9) episodes, and the ones I tend to listen to are kinda mixed. They say parts are good, parts are bad, it seems kinda written for Watchmen fans and you'll like it more if you read a few wiki pages on the comics first, but promisingly its a self contained season with no cliff hangers or anything. It opens the door to season 2 but the story is self contained and complete.

I'll probably watch it, race and cops and stuff do play a huge part in the first few episodes in a way that I suspect some will not like - this takes place 30 years after the movie, America is a more fascist country, there is no Internet or mobile phones, the KKK fight cops on the streets, etc. Could be interesting, could be woke dogshit, guess I'll find out for myself. Episode 1 airs this sunday.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So how woke was this? On a scale from waking up from a nap to reviving a drowned person.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well I enjoyed this. It's invigorating having no idea what will happen next!

• 1Salty

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Gonna' need someone more cynical than Qhue to review this, before I check it out.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I have no idea what I just watched. It wasn’t very good. The use of racism was way over the top. I may watch this just to see what a train wreck it becomes.

I can tell how bad a show is when I am FF through parts. I did that a lot with this.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I disagree, I think it was very well done.

I think it would have really been interesting without the previous "Watchmen" comic and movie.

But I am willing to stick with it for now and see if it builds momentum or becomes a cliche' .

• 1Salty