Water Sprinkler Of Nem Ankh

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, serious question time....

I will admit I hit some TLDR in part of this thread, apologizing if already answered. Are you wanting functional metal flail here? Or will prop/costume style work?

If the latter it would not be very hard to fabricate using a 3d printer for the pommel, top , chain, and ball. Then a nice simple finished round dowel for the haft. I know a guy who 3d prints cosplay gear for people in Dallas who could probably whip it up. I might be able to but my 3d modelcrafting isn't what it could be.

For instance, start with this :
Flail / MorningStar by Jubaz

Then redo the top of the shaft/haft to match this. Use a real wood handle.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Lots of good feedback! I sent Cthulhu a message; thanks for showing me his page. I saw his gunblade video... unreal what people can do!

drive around topeka w/ wifi open if you see norrath, thats me

course i've gotten lazy and also have norrath5g, with dual bands.

Topeka? I could come stalk you and steal your wifi but idk any Topeka :p

We used to have a Topeka's restaurant on Parham but that was closed down like 6 years ago.

OK, serious question time....

I will admit I hit some TLDR in part of this thread, apologizing if already answered. Are you wanting functional metal flail here? Or will prop/costume style work?

If the latter it would not be very hard to fabricate using a 3d printer for the pommel, top , chain, and ball. Then a nice simple finished round dowel for the haft. I know a guy who 3d prints cosplay gear for people in Dallas who could probably whip it up. I might be able to but my 3d modelcrafting isn't what it could be.

For instance, start with this :
Flail / MorningStar by Jubaz

Then redo the top of the shaft/haft to match this. Use a real wood handle.

It's okay... part of my posting style is lots of words, I get ya. I want a functional flail in the technical sense of the word but I'm not looking to bash anything with it! I wouldn't want it to be ridiculously heavy or sharp / dangerous either! I guess something that would qualify as a highest quality cosplay flail made of metal (aluminum / brass), not 3d printed material.

After viewing the posts and thinking about this more, I'm going to do this in 3 stages (Tony Stark style, but you can call me Phony Stark LoL):

1. Cardboard, tape, spray-paint, aluminum foil - Mark I
  2. Wood, glue, Halloween costume quality chain / flail - Mark II
  3. Metal (bronze or aluminum?), Leather, industrial chain, aluminum cast flail - Mark III
I'd be completely happy with a Mark III type of display piece. I may have to settle for a Mark II and call it a day though. A pure iron flail would be too heavy so I've scrapped that direction in my mind. Mark I will give a solid goal post to get real, functional sizing and measurements worked out and get me in the crafting spirit. Mark II is still moderately doable by a layman like me and will be the limit of what I can do on my own. Mark III is where professional tools like a drill press or lathe or what have you is needed and that's outside my pay-grade (I'd lose a finger or two too if I tried on my own). Figure a top-shelf pro like Cthulhu would be on the Mark IV level, but again, that's the equivalent of pay-to-win :p The journey is what's interesting but if the price is right, we'll see. My Cle epic would be small potatoes of a build compared to his gunblade project.

Gonna start today to gather supplies for Mark I. Will post updates~

• 1Jew

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I was in junior high my friend and I made a flail.

Used clay to make each half. Tennis ball to make the impression and a pencil to make the spikes. Poured melted lead into the mold, let it cool and then drilled a hole to bolt the halves together. Two shackles, a length of chain, and an aluminum tube.

It worked well for smashing shit, but the spikes did flatten since it was lead. Also great for stealing Halloween candy from kids.

Last edited:
  • 1Jew

Siliconemelons

Here's your dude: Michael Cthulhu. You could probably contact him via his Facebook, or you could just take inspiration from, basically, a modern day mad scientist of metalworking. He'll show you all sorts of ways to improperly use tools to accomplish a task they were never meant to. Plus he's good fun to watch.
michaelcthulhu

We need to gofund me and get $$ to have him make EQ epic swords for us, cleric, SK...what others would be cool to make practically? the mage staff?

• 1Jew

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
We need to gofund me and get $$ to have him make EQ epic swords for us, cleric, SK...what others would be cool to make practically? the mage staff?

Monk Fists....

TBO the Spear of Fate was pretty cool looking. I hired a painter to make a painting of my troll Shaman with the spear along with my assling friend with his ranger epic...

• 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The flaccid penis flail. Great tat choice, Vanessa.

Soygen Soygen What guild were you in when you played? I don't remember you from The Rathe.

• 1Jew

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No joke, whenever I've had a large bonus over the last 20 years, I've had to talk myself out of buying this:

Raven Armoury - Sapphire Stormbringer

I would literally demand that I be buried with it. I'm serious.

The fact that there is a 5 year waiting list is one of the main reasons I've held off, even though I could have easily had it for years now. Well, that and I really can't afford to waste that kind of money, but I want it so much!

Just think of all the pussy I'd repel with that!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 4 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
You could probably 3D print the spiked ball part and mimic the radiating water effect withNeopixel LEDs controlled by a trinket m0 and power it with a small power pack or Lithium polymer battery. Just would need to figure out how to get the plastic the color you want while allowing the LEDs to still shine through enough to be noticeable.

• 1Jew

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Cosplayers are making this shit in their sleep. Reach out to some and commission it. Not trying to step all over your dream, but really, this is easily obtainable and I would put the cost at more like 2.5k for labor and materials. Hit a few comic or anime cons. Google Man At Arms.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ever thought of having an enchanter epic made? ;)

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of Medieval LARPers in your area. Just contact one of their smiths to inquire on the costs. Believe me, no request will be odd to them.

• 1Jew
  • 1Worf