Water Sprinkler Of Nem Ankh

Haus

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 182978

I was bored and made this, you should print it in 3D and sand it then paint it. If you need the file in .STL for printing just ask. Not sure if it's 100% accurate though, i made a cube 7" wide then cut out to create that solid, and then added the points. max width is 4.5inch

Here's another 3d model you could leverage for this. Also has holes for the spikes, so you could put a threaded eye screw in one for the chain attach.

Key Protector Spiked Ball by dblankenship

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely interested in seeing how this goes for you. I got one of those on my cleric back in the day!

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This project isn't dead! Just lacked time + motivation. But since seasonal sales are over and the New Year is settling in, here we go. Small update to this project.

First and foremost, I thought I could just chisel out the pieces.

20181121_121251.jpg

But thought wrong!

20181209_001935.jpg

Haha, I'm a newb with all this, and though I was being gentle with the strokes (giggity), it still was a learning experience. I should've known better tbh. Time to do a combination of chisel + hand saw.

20181127_204638.jpg

Viola! There we go~!

Test painting:

20181208_204632.jpg

Looks exactly like cartoon cheese. I'm happy with that color though.

As I've said, I wanted the handle to be strong. I got a hollow pipe and got the Home Depot guy to cut it the right length. I then wrapped a wooden dowel (that was close to the size of the inner hollow) in tape to get a super-tight fit inside the pipe so I could attach the pommel and head reliably with screws.

20190117_093611.jpg

I bought some suede from a craft store and did a VERY crude and basic "how is this gonna look" setup:

20190117_072708.jpg

It's coming along; it ain't gonna be the pinnacle of crafting by far [You've gotten better at making shit (4) ], but as a wise philosopher once said: That big black dildo isn't going to suck itself.

I didn't permanently secure the parts yet because I want to put some polyurethane on the pommel.

So guys; Regarding the suede: I could wrap it like it looks in the last pic and that is definitely more in line with a direct translation of how the Water Sprinkler looks in-game, or I could cut it into strips and wrap it like most typical weapons in a barber-pole-esque fashion going up the handle. Truly unsure which aesthetic would be best... maybe I should get the head worked on and see how it all looks put together and do a comparison?

Will update when head is done! This is gonna be the roughest part of the build though I think.

• 6Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 6 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Mid-way update to completion of the Mark II :)

Pic of how I'm cutting these parts out of the wood:

20190117_123628.jpg

Saw the straight edges with the big hand saw, then use the hacksaw to cut the more precise edges.

20190118_154050.jpg

How I'm going to fit these together once they're painted. But first:

20190118_160819.jpg

I popped in this screw here because the "neck" part needed some serious support I felt to hold a spiked ball & chain.

20190118_181314.jpg

Not the most perfect fit because I'm not putting them full interlocked until they're done and painted as I won't be able to separate them, but this is a test indication of how these two pieces will fit to form the main head structure (need to clean up the hollow part a bit too!).

20190121_134514.jpg

With the shaft, I'm using strict lengths of tape to "beef up" the shaft mass... this will provide more friction for the suede to stick to instead of the metal too once I apply the glue (I think!)

20190121_100745.jpg

This was after the second coat of paint was added on the head parts.

Next: Putting it all together! The ONLY thing I'm scared of is putting the two halves together because I'll need to hammer it and and worried it will split upon adding the stress. Crossing fingers; will post tomorrow... waiting for paint to dry and it's go time for construction!

I think it's gonna look relatively accurate!

• 6Like
  • 1Jew
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Brad2770

Pre drill the nail holes and it should reduce the chances of splitting.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pre drill the nail holes and it should reduce the chances of splitting.

Or just use screws instead of nails in the first place, but yes pre-drilling is ideal. Hell with as much work as has been put into that thing, i'd pre-drill whether i was using screws or nails, unless the screws were tiny.

Last edited:
  • 1Jew
  • 1Like

Brad2770

Go buy a metal file and sand the edges a bit better. It won’t take long and a lot of the nastiness left behind by those feminine jigsaw cuts will be removed.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could probably find someone who has a bandsaw to cut a lot of those out if you need to do a v2. Would go faster and likely be a bit smoother. Looks pretty cool so far, do you plan to do any led strip type effect to make the tip glow? Would need to account for that space if so

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm an amateur but have done a few pieces of wood-work before so I definitely learned via experience to pre-drill holes for screws/nails :) If anyone remembers the pics I posted of either the EQ shadowbox, the DW1 3-D map, or the M.U.S.C.L.E. display, those were all built by moi.

Bandsaw, yes, but as long as the Mark II doesn't turn into a disaster of split wood or the weight breaks off the neck/head, I'm gonna call it good enough and await much more funds to do the Mark III (which will require MUCH outside help). The Mark I and Mark II were intended to be a solo project that I could work on myself and so far, it's been that way. As some of you who do your own projects, the end result feels sooo much better when done yourself. The Mark III was going to be an all brass / aluminum build and basically totally professional... that can wait a bit.

As far as LEDs, I mean I just don't think it's feasible and I feel it would look kinda cheesy. I'm very open to ideas though... maybe some of you can conceptualize something that I can't as far as replicating the in-game particle effect... I mean... it was literally water mist coming out of the ball... impossible to replicate in that manner.

I was going to build it today but I'm gonna polyurethane the parts first, so tomorrow is the build day.

Oh, ALSO: I'm also contemplating making the shaman Spear Of Fate to sell on Ebay after this is done... very dependent on how this turns out of course.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For effect maybe some type of fiber optic display+fog effect? No idea how you would do it but could work, otherwise a glowing blue that flutters like a candle could be close enough. More projecting on the head then from it so the light bounces before you see it.

• 1Jew

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
For the mist effect around the flail, you could hollow a chamber in the ball so you can put incense to burn inside it (would need to be made with a material that won't burn and won't conduct too much heat so as not to burn the ball around it), then drill tiny holes in several places to allow the "mist" to dissipate more naturally. They also have other types of things to burn that produce almost liquid smoke that flows down instead of up.

• 1Jew

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was thinking if you put a small blue lightbulb in the tip and run the wiring to a battery compartment in the handle you could drill tiny holes that emit blue light when its turned on, but dry ice & some water would be equally cool (albeit temporary)

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Big Update!

20190125_131158.jpg

I cut some suede into 1 inch strips and affixed it with Loctite superglue. Was worried the glue would bleed through and cause discoloration, but my fears were unfounded.

20190123_191517.jpg

This is the bottom part of the head, showing the part/method I used to affix it to the shaft.

20190125_152504.jpg

Pic of the completed shaft. It feels great in hand! Perfectly balanced (as all things should be). But the most tense steps await:

20190123_191544.jpg

Head parts were slathered with wood glue in the cut joints and firmly but carefully malleted together.

20190123_191535.jpg

I managed to get this link in a vice to close it around the ankh head part. Was so scared the link would fly out of the vice as I was tightening it and I'd lose an eye haha... it was under a shit load of pressure to get the link closed around the piece. I think I need to apply some putty to form a bridge, let it harden, and paint it silver to improve appearance (I can't fully close the link and welding is an impossibility at my level)

Almost there baby...

20190125_161545.jpg

Shaft, meet Head! (sounds pr0n-ish)

20190125_161524.jpg

Weight / Grip test. It's sturdy. Enough~ LoL. I wouldn't use it, ever, to bash shit with... the head I feel would break off. It's not made to be functional of course!

20190125_161826.jpg

This is where it will rest I think now and when complete. Unless I build a custom stand/mount (which is possible) and put it on the wall, but idk... I guess this is as fine a nerd cubby as any heh.

Mark II is almost complete!

• 6Like
  • 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users