Water Sprinkler Of Nem Ankh

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is a good time as any. My cleric needs a epic on
I was on Prexus. Prexus merged with the Rathe, I guess, so the Magelo says Rathe.

I’m on the Rathe too. Nastyfingers the Wizard. Permacamped at Main Bank.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve always wanted my beastlord epic. Maybe I’ll just get some pulled pork claws and mount some blue LEDs on them. Dual purpose.

1539530070911.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Is it bad that when I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be some kind of fetish of women squirting pictures, my mind is in the gutter.
But, if you wanted something where the chains connected to the ball don't move just weld the chain links in place to the spiked ball head.

• 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I too thought it was some kind of tranny pee cult. If I had known it was about cosplaying a cleric epic I may have steered clear.

• 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Tranny pee cult?

perhaps.gif

Brief update!

Mark I is done in all it's 3rd grade quality glory, but it IS a proof of concept at least. Pics below:

20181023_205155.jpg

Looks not too bad in dark silhouette!

20181023_205733.jpg

Looks much crappier now, yes? Haha!

20181023_205608.jpg

Aluminum Foil chain is the sex~

20181023_205554.jpg

I obviously could have cut out more layers and thickened it up and painted it and shit but the Mark I wasn't for "show" to begin with. How it looks size-wise next to a body:

20181024_090134.jpg

Part of me feels like it's a tad too big, but when you look at it relative to the EQ model:

epic.jpg

...you can see from tip to tip is actually longer the length of a human torso from hip to neck so I think I did okay with scale. Also in game it looks like the grip is slightly skinnier than I have made it. The Mark II won't be as thick due to my plan to use a metal rod for reinforcement.

Here are the plans I used to make the Mark I :

Plans.jpg

...and the materials I've gathered together to start on the Mark II below!

20181024_075129.jpg

I have quite a few issues to iron out, but I think for now the important part is simply cutting out the shapes on the wood proper before the next update. The chisels I feel are going to be the best bet for this task... albeit a slow process but that's okay... this is a labor of love. I'm unsure what to use for the handle grip. Real leather, faux leather, or suede strips? Where to buy it too? Also how to affix it. The metal rod is going to reinforce the handle but I'm completely unsure if I want to hollow out the larger dowel in "sections" and glue them together on the outside of the metal rod, or just go with the metal rod as is and wrap the handle with a thick material to bulk it up to the right size and THEN wrap that layer in the real/faux/suede leather.

The hardest bit by FAR in this build is going to be the spiked ball. Still haven't planned what the fuck I'm going to do with that for sure... the ball in the picture is just a $3 styrofoam-y ball from the craft place at Wal-Mart and needless to say won't be used for the final part but I wanted "something" there in the meantime to affix for looks. What I'm thinking is just using wood. Get a 3-4 inch ball and cut some holes in it and carve out about 20 or so triangle-y spikes to attach to the ball via small dowels and glue but damn I'd really love a real aluminum spiked ball. The chain is real btw.

ALSO, Mr. Cthulhu got back with me! He took a look at pics of the epic and my sketch and estimated a final cost to fashion the Mark III made out of full metal at (drumroll please)

$3,000 haha. Less than what I assessed it to be, but still too rich for my blood at the moment! I may be perfectly happy with the Mark II if she turns out well. It's still anybody's guess at this point to be honest but I'm definitely excited to keep working on this :) :) :)

• 3Like
  • 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Molten Core Raider
I found this intriguing, I have been toying with the idea of making a bulwark of azzinoth just for shits and grins recently. The spikes presented the biggest hurdle on that, and I suspect it would be the same here on a smaller scale. I may play around with some scrap aluminum when I have some time and see how hard it is to make a spike that looks reasonable enough and can attach to a ball, then to find out how small a half ball I can dish.

• 1Jew

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Can't wait to see the finished product.

As for the spikes on the flail, it reminded me of this video for crafting a Fortnite helmet that has spikes on it. Maybe you can adapt it to your project, though if you want them to be pyramid shaped like the pixelated epic then I guess you'd have to adapt the template to be square. The spikes begin around 6:30:

• 1Jew
  • 1Blown

Brad2770

Obligatory fuck Zordak Ragefire.

I picked a comfy chair from my living room and dragged it over to the computer. I sat in that chair, without moving, for 23 hours to get this camp. My memory has always been that it was 24 hour respawn, but I just read about this NPC again and it said up to 72 hours. It was the most rewarding, but probably the dumbest thing I have done for a game.

Gotta thank HOOAC on Veeshan for it.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Bro-fist Veeshan 4 life

Getting my guilds 1st epic we had a call chain setup, this was before "batphones" etc.

Woke up at friggen like 3am, and this was the skyfire version. We did beat the 3 other guilds there... gosh it was soo bad

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Can't wait to see the finished product.

As for the spikes on the flail, it reminded me of this video for crafting a Fortnite helmet that has spikes on it. Maybe you can adapt it to your project, though if you want them to be pyramid shaped like the pixelated epic then I guess you'd have to adapt the template to be square. The spikes begin around 6:30:

Thanks for the tip! They don't have to be pyramid shaped at all; wouldn't be *that* picky about that particular aspect of it.

I noticed he said he used EVA floor mat foam for the spikes. Never heard of it and obv never worked with it. I'll defo remember that for a possibility tho!

I'm now starting to contemplate using high quality clay to fashion the spiked ball. As I said earlier I'm not looking to bash shit with this... it just has to be attractive and display worthy and able to be picked up. I DO feel wood would be the best option short of paying a significant chunk out of pocket to commission a local to fashion me one out of aluminum or another relatively lightweight metal. A true iron ball I think would crack the top piece in half and probably make the entire thing unwieldy to hold comfortably anyway. Iron is out.

As far as updates on the actual crafting, I'm slowly and very very methodically starting to chisel out the wood. I did a test chisel and it worked out good but the wood split a bit faster than I'd have liked and it left a somewhat un-uniformed edge which, with my tools would take forever to plane down attractively. The reason for the quick split was using too much force on a hard surface below it which of course hastened the process but left the result a bit... wanting.

Labor of love boys... slow and steady~

• 1Jew

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1542210293233.png

I was bored and made this, you should print it in 3D and sand it then paint it. If you need the file in .STL for printing just ask. Not sure if it's 100% accurate though, i made a cube 7" wide then cut out to create that solid, and then added the points. max width is 4.5inch

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
View attachment 182978

I was bored and made this, you should print it in 3D and sand it then paint it. If you need the file in .STL for printing just ask. Not sure if it's 100% accurate though, i made a cube 7" wide then cut out to create that solid, and then added the points. max width is 4.5inch

This is absolutely beautiful, thank you!

Almost needless to say, I am lacking a 3D printer and kinda ignorant about the ins and outs. All I know is that they print very slowly, are made with a resin / plastic type of material, they "print" objects layer by layer and can vary in quality based on the printer.

Would I have to shop around locally to find this service or are there places on the interbutts that you just email them the file and they print and mail you the product?

Thank you Tholan, that's so sweet of you to make that and I will definitely accept the file in question. Can it just be attached here or would you need my email?

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Brad2770

This is absolutely beautiful, thank you!

Almost needless to say, I am lacking a 3D printer and kinda ignorant about the ins and outs. All I know is that they print very slowly, are made with a resin / plastic type of material, they "print" objects layer by layer and can vary in quality based on the printer.

Would I have to shop around locally to find this service or are there places on the interbutts that you just email them the file and they print and mail you the product?

Thank you Tholan, that's so sweet of you to make that and I will definitely accept the file in question. Can it just be attached here or would you need my email?

He would need your email and the size of your Nem Ankh while flacid.

• 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

4.5 is kinda small- i would think 6 - spike to spike would be the size... 6"x6" cube...

I will see if I can get it printed, but the printer I have access to is not really the best, it works... and the 3d programs etc, auto hollow the middle etc so its not solid and a huge waste of plastic.

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
He would need your email and the size of your Nem Ankh while flacid.
Just found Slyminxy's main account~

What's funny is that the idle animation does raise up in the chain like a boner with pre-luclin HIE females (unsure if every race had this happen, but that's what I played).

4.5 is kinda small- i would think 6 - spike to spike would be the size... 6"x6" cube...

I will see if I can get it printed, but the printer I have access to is not really the best, it works... and the 3d programs etc, auto hollow the middle etc so its not solid and a huge waste of plastic.
No, this is actually fine Xadion. The ball would be about 4 inches in diameter sans the spikes by my graph... unless he's saying 4.5 inches in circumference? Then yeah, that's definitely too small.

Don't print it either, unless you're making one to show as an example. I can't ask you to do that for me!

• 1Jew

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll try to print it this weekend to see the size. 4.5" sounds kind small indeed.

My printer (a 800$ generic stuff) on fine settings takes forever to print but the outcome is good and very solid (it's ABS).

Instead of water, you could add some smoke coming out of the chain/ball using an e-cig in the hilt, a fan and some tubes !

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm not trying to do any fancy-schmancy shit to replicate the particle effect! If I was going ham and was going to like... cosplay with this or something at a nerdfest comicon, yeah maybe LoL, but it's literally just going to sit on a display either on my wall or on a stand in my condo.

As far as the size, here's a higher-res version of the plan I drew up compared to a high res in-game epic for comparison:

larger.jpg

vs.

Water Sprinkler 01.jpg

I'm sorry that the graph-lines don't come through well. I wasn't extremely exacting on the spikes by any means but I believe the general "ball shape" sans the spikes is relatively accurate to a 4-4.5 inch diameter... what do you think?

The shapes I'm working on for the actual handle and such are to the exact specs of my plans by the 1/8 of an inch, so... that can't be altered now.

• 1Jew

Brad2770

I'm not trying to do any fancy-schmancy shit to replicate the particle effect! If I was going ham and was going to like... cosplay with this or something at a nerdfest comicon, yeah maybe LoL, but it's literally just going to sit on a display either on my wall or on a stand in my condo.

As far as the size, here's a higher-res version of the plan I drew up compared to a high res in-game epic for comparison:

View attachment 183005

vs.

View attachment 183006

I'm sorry that the graph-lines don't come through well. I wasn't extremely exacting on the spikes by any means but I believe the general "ball shape" sans the spikes is relatively accurate to a 4-4.5 inch diameter... what do you think?

The shapes I'm working on for the actual handle and such are to the exact specs of my plans by the 1/8 of an inch, so... that can't be altered now.

EQ skins aren’t exactly proportionate, but if you want to go by the size of the characters fist (realistically about 4.5-5.5” across) and compare it to the “ball” portion sans spikes, then you’re looking at probably around 7-8” in diameter.

• 1Jew

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
EQ skins aren’t exactly proportionate, but if you want to go by the size of the characters fist (realistically about 4.5-5.5” across) and compare it to the “ball” portion sans spikes, then you’re looking at probably around 7-8” in diameter.

20181024_090134.jpg

I didn't want to expend a TON of aluminium foil to get the ball as big as it should have plan-wise on the Mark I here in the pic, but that diameter on the ball in the pic above is a tad under 3 inches (I just measured it 30 secs ago). The Mark I used the same specs as I'm using for the wood Mark II. 7-8 diameter would be yuuuge! (I'm happy with the size of the Mark I's handle, hilt, head relative to my body size btw). The spikes add a decent amount of added girth too, especially if I'm going with the excellent 3D model Tholan Tholan created. I truly believe a 4.5 inch diameter sans the spikes is a good size. With the spikes, it would then come closer to the 7 inches you're thinking.

Very very quick shoop: 1st pic is 6 inch diameter (blown up to 200%). 2nd pic is roughly the 4.5 inches I'm entertaining (150% sized).

shoopers.jpg

• 1Jew
  • 1Like