Weather

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty well in-land(10 miles from the beach), so I doubt we'd be in evacuation area. It also may go right up the entire state, which means I would have to drive back through an entire state of storm devastation. At least if I stay home, I can just deal with it here. We'll see how it goes over the next few days. It still has at least 4 or 5 days before getting here.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I know everyone is talking about Florida, but it seems like Puerto Rico is rightfully fucked, eh?
Pretty much everything between Florida and the storm is fucked as of this moment.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
If it follows forecast track, doesn't appear PR will get it all that bad. It'll be north of San Jaun and on the south side of the eye. It may see Cat1 winds. Now the smaller islands off to the east, a few of those will be nailed pretty hard. That is 24-36 hours from now whatever impact they will get. It appears Bahamas are going to get rekt though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know everyone is talking about Florida, but it seems like Puerto Rico is rightfully fucked, eh?
My new boss now that I live in Florida was suppossed to be vacationing in Puerto Rico in 10 days. Not sure shes going to make it.

Really hope it turns back to sea. This will be my first hurricane if not since i got out before Harvey hit. Hopefully Orlando is far enough in land.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
My new boss now that I live in Florida was suppossed to be vacationing in Puerto Rico in 10 days. Not sure shes going to make it.

Really hope it turns back to sea. This will be my first hurricane if not since i got out before Harvey hit. Hopefully Orlando is far enough in land.
PR mainland should be fine unless it doesn't turn W-NW as planned and continues tracking West. Most models show it tracking more north though. We'll know one way or another in 24 hours. Many flights to the Caribbean have now been shut down.

Oldbased

> Than U

Stores selling out of things? Don't forget Amazon Prime and Jet for all your 2 day disaster needs. Kappa

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
Leaving tomorrow from Sarasota, Gulf coast could be fine but its not worth it so Alabama it is. Fucking hate this drive

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PR mainland should be fine unless it doesn't turn W-NW as planned and continues tracking West. Most models show it tracking more north though. We'll know one way or another in 24 hours. Many flights to the Caribbean have now been shut down.
Eh? I understand that the southern side is supposed to have "lesser" winds, but when we're talking about 175 mph right now, is 150 mph on the south side really going to be "fine?" I imagine not.

If this thing is still a category 5, it doesn't matter where it goes over PR. It's going to get fucking wrecked.

Oldbased

> Than U
Eh? I understand that the southern side is supposed to have "lesser" winds, but when we're talking about 175 mph right now, is 150 mph on the south side really going to be "fine?" I imagine not.

If this thing is still a category 5, it doesn't matter where it goes over PR. It's going to get fucking wrecked.
The hurricane force winds are growing but right now the south side distance of hurricane force to TS force is fairly small, especially for one this size. If it tracks 100 miles north of PR as many are saying then it'll clear PR to where they'll only get TS/Cat 1 tops. If it tracks west instead then PR will get nailed hard. Like I said if as forecast then PR should do fairly well considering the monster passing by. The smaller islands east will get hit pretty damn hard though.
Right now San Jaun is expected to get 50-60 mph gusts tomorrow and everything south even less.

That is ALL dependent on the track though. If it decides to head west instead of west-northwest it'll be a different story.

e1.png

Tropical Center: Hurricane Irma Forecast Wind Fields

t11.png

Last edited:

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The hurricane force winds are growing but right now the south side distance of hurricane force to TS force is fairly small, especially for one this size. If it tracks 100 miles north of PR as many are saying then it'll clear PR to where they'll only get TS/Cat 1 tops. If it tracks west instead then PR will get nailed hard. Like I said if as forecast then PR should do fairly well considering the monster passing by. The smaller islands east will get hit pretty damn hard though.
Right now San Jaun is expected to get 50-60 mph gusts tomorrow and everything south even less.

That is ALL dependent on the track though. If it decides to head west instead of west-northwest it'll be a different story.

View attachment 152976
Looks like a giant club about the beat the fuck out of everything in its way.

I'm hoping for that western push to get it past Florida(though I'd feel pretty bad if it then veered up into the gulf and hit Texas again).

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wish some of the rain from these gulf storms would make its way up to Montana. Seems like we haven't had a rain since April and half the state is on fire. So much smoke in the air that you can't drive with your windows down or your eyes burn and I'm far from most of the fires. Also just spent $50,000 on hay for winter that was definitely not in the budget for this year.

• 2Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I wish some of the rain from these gulf storms would make its way up to Montana. Seems like we haven't had a rain since April and half the state is on fire. So much smoke in the air that you can't drive with your windows down or your eyes burn and I'm far from most of the fires. Also just spent $50,000 on hay for winter that was definitely not in the budget for this year.
Jesus that is a lot of hay. I assume it is highly inflated due to the lack of rain?
Hay is cheap in Kentucky right now, mostly because it has been raining a day or two a week all damn year and winter left early and it never got very hot outside of a week. Even right now we are soaked and 10 degrees all week below normal.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Where did you buy your hay from?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thoughts and prayers, @Admin please add this flag to the overlay selection for our avatars to show tax free solidarity

FLAGUS_florida.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users