Weather

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Depends on where you are. If you live anyplace in Florida, Georgia or Cubistan, I would for sure be paying attention.

I'm in Miami, sent out the wife today to buy supplies. She is gonna come back mad at me.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I had 5 shovels, 2 nephews in their teens me my brother and a cousin shoveling sand into bags with the young kids holding the bags open. We had to shovel sand for 8 houses in our family, they gave us all the bags we wanted and told us to start digging. We had to supply the shovels as well. We only did 6 bags per door, which was about 96 bags or so.

When they do it here it's as many sandbags as you personally want to bag and they bring in trucks of sand. But they also have a machine that makes them for people not able to bad them and to make a bunch in a hurry.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm in Miami, sent out the wife today to buy supplies. She is gonna come back mad at me.
I honestly don't know enough about Miami's makeup and elevation to know how it would hold up to an impact. Earlier it had a partial impact which would have brought 15+ feet of surge I'd reckon, but now it is modeled to skim the coast there which would be 5-7 feet instead. The thing is no one will know for sure until it would probably be too late to evac a city of that size. That all is not even counting wind impacts.

To be honest I'm not sure how Florida will handle this. It is still 5 days out but it would really wreck shit up if it was to hit like they had it last night. You know where you are and you know what is coming. Use your safest judgement.

Oldbased

> Than U
And Publix ran out of water.
Yey.
Miami probably has 1 day delivery with Amazon Prime. Even though this thing is 5 days off I'd imagine the roads looking like something out of ID4 after 2 days though.
Also, I miss Publix. They have those damn carrot cakes with the carrot shaped icing on them. I been craving one of those things for about 7 years now.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
And Publix ran out of water.
Yey.

Water is the biggest waste of money, I know that sounds fucked up to tell you but its no bullshit. I can go take a pic of the 20+ cases ive collected for free since Harvey hit if you dont believe me I can take a pic of them, here is what you really need. A generator, batteries, a hot plate, bug spray, lots of non persihable food, lamps/latterns/flash lights, extension cords, lots of gas cans and gas, ice chest. The national guard will drown you in bottled water, and bags of ice. They pass out MRE as well, and cheap coal miner style head band flash lights but no extra batteries. Oh I forgot the local stores will try to give out that nasty ass vitamin water that they cant sell because its fucking nasty. Oh if you own a home and have trees, pick up a chain saw you will need one. A shop vac if you expect lots of water will help as well. Water is the least of your concerns.

Oldbased

> Than U
Water is the biggest waste of money, I know that sounds fucked up to tell you but its no bullshit. I can go take a pic of the 20+ cases ive collected for free since Harvey hit if you dont believe me I can take a pic of them, here is what you really need. A generator, batteries, a hot plate, bug spray, lots of non persihable food, lamps/latterns/flash lights, extension cords, lots of gas cans and gas, ice chest. The national guard will drown you in bottled water, and bags of ice. They pass out MRE as well, and cheap coal miner style head band flash lights but no extra batteries. Oh I forgot the local stores will try to give out that nasty ass vitamin water that they cant sell because its fucking nasty. Oh if you own a home and have trees, pick up a chain saw you will need one. A shop vac if you expect lots of water will help as well. Water is the least of your concerns.
The lining your tub with plastic 10x10 sheet and filling with water is just as clean as out of the tap. If you are used to filtered water, Brita makes a pitcher you can scoop it into and filter. Tada, 60 gallons of free filtered water for $15( plastic +Brita pitcher at store ) or about the same as you would pay for a few gallons in bottles.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I know everyone is talking about Florida, but it seems like Puerto Rico is rightfully fucked, eh?

That's what they get for holding that pretend vote to become a state or whatever shit it was they were doing. They can join California in fucking themselves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Also cook with the bottled water, if your lucky and have running water fast like we did because we didn't flood and had the brunt of the wind but not the flooding rains that water might be ok to wash your ass with but don't cook or drink it they will more than likely have a water boil in effect, ours just ended yesterday. Dont even use the water to boil things in, just use the massive amounts of free bottled water the national guard will be passing out. Also get lots of fuel, wait in line for free stuff. While you have no AC the best thing I found to make people happy is to sit in the car with the AC cranked, charging their phones waiting on the free stuff being handed out but remember to get lots of gas cans and fill them, when getting gas wake up early to get in line and fill every can you have. Find places to empty the gas before you go to the station.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Am I the only motherfucker here right now picturing Burnem standing waist deep in his flooded house going yahooooooooooo free shit?

• 2Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I lost 30 feet of tiles on my roof, no other wind or water damage. I lost my peach trees, my orange tree and my apple tree though all completely uprooted. Here is why I suggest you stand in line for the free stuff, its that or sit at the house with no electricity sweating off your balls or you can sit in your ride with the AC blasting with music, play on your phone (they usually put up portable towers near the free give aways) while you wait for power to be restored.

• 2Salty

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I have a large family, the kids begged to ride to wait in line for free stuff. Here was a typical day, 6:30 am wake up and gas the generators and make the rounds to family members houses fueling their generators. Be in line at 7:30 waiting for the 1 gas station to open and fill the truck and gas cans back up. 9 am head back, either go to corpus or cook using the hot plate (usually bacon eggs etc, generator powers fridge lights and fans) then the rest of the day is either sweating your balls off trying to not get carried away by mosquitos or ride in the car waiting in line for free stuff. Bring your ID's, they card to make sure youre a resident so Lendarios is screwedand according to Democrats brown and black people are fucked because they cant figure out how to get Identification.

• 8Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I have a large family, the kids begged to ride to wait in line for free stuff. Here was a typical day, 6:30 am wake up and gas the generators and make the rounds to family members houses fueling their generators. Be in line at 7:30 waiting for the 1 gas station to open and fill the truck and gas cans back up. 9 am head back, either go to corpus or cook using the hot plate (usually bacon eggs etc, generator powers fridge lights and fans) then the rest of the day is either sweating your balls off trying to not get carried away by mosquitos or ride in the car waiting in line for free stuff. Bring your ID's, they card to make sure youre a resident so Lendarios is screwedand according to Democrats brown and black people are fucked because they cant figure out how to get Identification.
It's Miami man. It'll look like the intro to Black Hawk Down when supplies are being handed out.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Latest track shows it sort of doing that except it takes a hard right before the keys slams Miami then back along the coast and nails Georgia. Another shows it being shredded by Cuba and another shows it trying to bring back country line dancing in the Gulf. These should be getting aligned better in the next 24 hours but last night they were mostly in agreement and now it is all over the place again. Much uncertainty Irma has. Definitely named after a woman.

Going to let that sort itself out and them to update all the models since it is now a cat 5 with 175 mph sustained winds. Pretty much it is going to do what Irma wants to do with that power. That 929mb though. Damn.

And 3 more lines coming right up my butthole. I've never done lines and I don't want to do these lines either.

There are people sticking this out other than emergency personnel. Seem death wishy to me but what can ya do?

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's about as accurate as one can get. Power will be out here at least a week even if we don't get a direct hit. It's 1 set of lines in and out.

Gas stations are a mob scene and they only have premium and diesel left already. Good thing this is the off season.