Weather

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Newest Euro model has Irma going on a rape spree straight up the eastern FL coast then Jose doing a juke in the Atlantic then coming in and shitting on FL some more.

T36o7vK.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Here is a picture of me being killed.

hurricane.PNG

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sure they are actually fucked up but be careful what you see on social media. Some videos on social media with millions of views on Irma damage were years old according to fake news media.
I want to say they were quotes from officials in those countries. We'll see.

If the BVI's look that bad, I expect we'll get some pretty grim USVI pictures today. Kind of glad my wife and I already explored a good bit of the Caribbean already, because it might be another decade before they recover.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guess im awful but im mainly concerned with wildlife and especially pets and things like all the people with same water aquariums full of rate or sorta endangered stuff.

People choose where they live and can evacuate. But to often you see where they can't or don't bother to have plans for their critters.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Guess im awful but im mainly concerned with wildlife and especially pets and things like all the people with same water aquariums full of rate or sorta endangered stuff.

People choose where they live and can evacuate. But to often you see where they can't or don't bother to have plans for their critters.
Have you ever read The Cay? The friggin cat survives but the old black guy doesn't. Hurricanes are racist.
cay_cover2.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes but cats are beasts of the devil. I meant real animals.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'll be sure to pass along your concern to the animals...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a good post on Reddit: "The Virgin Islands need a new name, because they are about to get fucked."

Putting shutters up on my father in law's house today / tomorrow and will likely stay there since I don't have shutters on my townhouse. This storm is really fucking with my peace of mind.

Ya, but "Still technically virgin because they were ass raped islands" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think Wilma hit my house with around 125 mph winds in 2005 and that was some scary shit. I really hope this isn't worse, because I'm not sure my roof will be there when I come home.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Wilma hit my house with around 125 mph winds in 2005 and that was some scary shit. I really hope this isn't worse, because I'm not sure my roof will be there when I come home.
Back when I lived in Kentucky, we had straight line winds of only like 70-80 mph that ripped trees in half.

Most people have no frame of reference for what 185 mph looks like.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
It's like Edko said the other day. I've been in 100 mph wind and it was tolerable the biggest fear was shit being blown around. I've say on the balcony of a hotel in Daytona when a TS came ashore and stared at the clear sky in the eye before. Cat1-2 the danger is debris and shit landing on you, including trees. Cat 3+ the danger is you and everything around you ripping apart and flying away. Cat 5. Fuck that that is tornado strength. Thankfully that wind speed is limited usually to 20 miles or so of the eye.

If that eye lands on the southern side of Miami or the eye itself moves or Miami, the damage in that area will be quite severe.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't forget that hurricanes spawn tornadoes. It's generally rare that they're F3's or F4's, but there's a history of them happening. Hurricane Ike in 2004 spawned about 120 tornadoes, including an F3 which killed a few people (I think it traveled something like 20+ miles, too).

I mean, talk about a shitty situation. Even if you survive the winds and flooding, you still may get a fucking F2 or F3 tornado which rips through your house.