Weather

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We've got a ton in SoCal. The thing is, they don't need all the power. So a lot of them aren't spinning because they'd overload the grid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I saw that yesterday, I'd be handing the pilot some money on the way out if I was on that flight.

If this thing stays on it's current path it's likely Miami/FT. Lauderdale are going to get the worse part of the storm (north eastern quadrant) . I don't blame people for freaking out, I would too.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck you Irma.

They cancelled this Modest Mouse concert I was taking a hot ass girl to in St Augustine (coming from Orlando). We were going to go to the concert then go out and get wasted, and already had a hotel room reservation. Pussy was in the bag bros. Now she is being a vagina and is bummed out so she just wants to hang out with her fucking roommate.

Feelsbadman.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
ofsaMlN.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Stores and stations are absolute shit about this stuff. We were discussing Irma days before than panic set in, hell I even made a post to Edko like 36 hours all the lines hit. If I was a store owner getting shipments multiple times a week, I'd be like yo, send all the bread and waters.

I saw tweets this morning from people who evac'd from south Florida that claimed the entire state up to state line was pretty much dry on fuel. People can't evac in 1/4 tanks of gas. Plus it's BAD ON YOUR FUEL PUMP BITCHES

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Got to admit. I didn't think of this one. You can even drain it when done via gen or power or scoop the water to force flush the shitter.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Fuck you Irma.

They cancelled this Modest Mouse concert I was taking a hot ass girl to in St Augustine (coming from Orlando). We were going to go to the concert then go out and get wasted, and already had a hotel room reservation. Pussy was in the bag bros. Now she is being a vagina and is bummed out so she just wants to hang out with her fucking roommate.

Feelsbadman.
The good news is that you can take another shot at it next week by taking her to Scott Stapp live in the ruins of Jacksonville on September 13.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fuck you Irma.

Feelsbadman.

Sounds to me like Hurricane Irma did you a solid. Modest Mouse sucks shit.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We've got a ton in SoCal. The thing is, they don't need all the power. So a lot of them aren't spinning because they'd overload the grid.
There were years California bought wind power from other states to stop the brown outs. Reason they dont need power now is because they hace been building.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The Florida attorney general said gas stations running out of gas, because stations holding out to artificially inflate the price even tho Florida has a no gouging law. Not because the 1st and 2nd largest refinery in the country shut down and in the process of restarting, and the 3rd running at capacity.

A while back parts of west TX went without power for 3 days. I remember reading they had planned on buying X amount of energy that was wind power because of wind power expansion, then the wind didn't blow which is extremely rare in west, TX. I htink they redid their power buying contracts after that to allow them other options based on demand and supply.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Newest models coming in. All gains made for the future of Florida last update appear somewhat erased again.
Once they finish updating the last few they'll update the times, but the tracks are different already.

x1.png

Also. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeello Florida.

x2.png

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
How far out in time will the models start to agree? 2 days?
They rarely ever do. Usually they go in 12 hour segments and they all vary 1-20 degrees from each other which over the course of 600+ miles makes a huge difference in placement and track due to what conditions is going on at the points it hits those distances. The real big factor right now appears to be when will it turn northward.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The good news is that you can take another shot at it next week by taking her to Scott Stapp live in the ruins of Jacksonville on September 13.

He would be sooo hot with that hir dangling in the breeze of hurricane.

iu

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thought it would start pushing east. It's really cool along the gulf coast for this time of year. Mid 70s for a high and low last night into the low to mid 50s.

• 1Like