Weather

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So assuming it goes straight up the center of Florida, is that worse for Miami? This is assuming the eye wall is hitting it, but not the actual eye.

Seems like you get the shittier wind side of the storm, and I'm not sure the surge is much different.

Only plus side might be that it'd weaken a bit, but Miami is so far south that I'm not sure that makes a difference either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Newest models coming in. All gains made for the future of Florida last update appear somewhat erased again.
Once they finish updating the last few they'll update the times, but the tracks are different already.

View attachment 153160

Also. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeello Florida.

View attachment 153161
Those were still the 8am models(the times are next to the actual model names). This is the 2pm update. Not looking too good...

at201711_model.gif

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One of my friends in Sebastian, FL bought a sailboat like 1 month ago. He's currently bailing to Texas for the week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Those were still the 8am models(the times are next to the actual model names). This is the 2pm update. Not looking too good...

at201711_model.gif

We may have to get a death count pool going. This looks like the type of thing where if you stay you die.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
We may have to get a death count pool going. This looks like the type of thing where if you stay you die.
We're staying. If you don't hear from me by next Friday, +1 to the pool.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I won't be in my house, but I have pretty high confidence in the house I will be in. As much confidence as you can have! Just hoping that if it's a cat 4 when it gets to ft lauderdale, we're on the west side of the eye and it's a low cat4. Wish us luck!

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I won't be in my house, but I have pretty high confidence in the house I will be in. As much confidence as you can have! Just hoping that if it's a cat 4 when it gets to ft lauderdale, we're on the west side of the eye and it's a low cat4. Wish us luck!

I want videos if you are still alive afterward.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wind forecasts from the Euro model. Florida is fucked. Georgia might be even more fucked as they're probably not built to withstand hurricanes at all.

DJJCux7UEAAqfxR.jpg

There's also some nerdy weather forum talking about it. Looks like its starting to strengthen again. Might be the biggest hurricane anyone sees in this lifetime.

ATL: IRMA - Hurricane - Discussion - Page 309 - STORM2K

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Soygen, i don't think irma believes FD(you are not a monk (or a hunter if you play wow)...st maartin & barbados both tried and failed miserably...stay safe though. i'd offer someone a place to stay, but i am most likely too far north for it to be a reasonable offer (~20 hr drive to Orlando from/To my house)

• 1Worf