Weather

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
it would be pretty fucking funny at this point if the thing just kept drifting west and this was all for naught

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Get a new girl, keg. Her voodoo is no good.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
He's looking worse than Bono. Did he get sober? They always look worse when they go sober.

I mean the dude looks beat as fuck but at least he isn't Axl Rose beat.

141201-scott-stapp-creed-crowdsource-480000-solo-album-book.jpg

screen-shot-2016-06-06-at-9-33-58-am.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
People already getting angry that hurricanes this size does what it wants. Me I will forgive it. I bet it didn't like Rome either.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
People already getting angry that hurricanes this size does what it wants. Me I will forgive it. I bet it didn't like Rome either.

It actually just bounced up north again just barely avoiding eye ladnfall for now

• 1Like

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Maybe it will shoot left for some surprise butt sex on New Orleans

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Old fuckers die pretty easy, if this storm face fucks them as hard as we've been promised 1800 seems like amateur hour

Then again the way deaths get attributed to things in this country (and probably everywhere?) is pretty fucking retarded. If you smoke from age 18 to age 19 and then quit and die at age 107 they attribute your death to being a fucking smoker. I'm sure they would try to attach someone dying in Alaska to Katrina if they could somehow verify that said Alaskan vacationed to NO at any point in their lifetime.

Also, everyone freaks out every time there is any sort of big storm saying "OMG it's horrible everybody is going to die, every record possible broken! 750 feet of snow/flooding, the fires will literally engulf 62% of the landmass of the US" etc. it's pretty ridiculous. Will some people die? Yes. Will shit get destroyed? Yes. Is the entire state of FL going to become an inhabitable rubble pile? No.

Edit: Also, with how much more advanced our technology becomes over the years, it kind of bugs me even more how much people freak out over stupid shit claiming things have never occured before at some point in time. What exactly were our hurricane monitoring capabilities in 1975? How about 1945? How about 1905? Oh, if it didn't happen in the past 20 years I guess it's just never happened before!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
It may look ugly but Naha has this figured out. There is no where to evacuate so there is more incentive to actually plan for this I guess. I sat through one pretty big typhoon. There were a bunch of broken trees to clean up otherwise everyone just sat inside and watched it pass by. I did see some adjacent buildings with ceramic tiles on the side lose a few of the tiles from the winds but it was not that big of a deal.

Random street view of what it takes to long term prepair for this weather.

L6YoXcy.png

Pretty much everything looks like that... A city of concrete...

Asahi-machi_Naha_Okinawa01s3s4410.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow that Barbuda pic looks like Kefka hit it with his light of judgement. Will Cuba jump on the grenade to get on our good side again?

In that comparison, it would have missed all the key important buildings that would eventually find each other, team up, and destroy Irma and Jose at a later point once they've upgraded.

• 1Worf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone in Sarasota, Bradenton, Saint Pete are just putting storm shutters and shit up and throwing Hurricane parties. Sad this picture is fucking accurate as shit. Makes me regret moving back to this state at times.

636083406661149506-1027618812_hurricane-meme.jpg
Rofl, same in Orlando. The Mariott next to the bar I was drinking at tonight in Lake Mary has all these trapped people from the Avatar cult who are having their "workshop". Space cadets wandering outside aimlessly and want to experience the hurricane. Only in Florida. The biggest problem so far I have heard from people I know is that you have to buy alcohol before noon tomorrow. Nobody seems to give a fuck and just post memes. Many Darwin awards will be won in the next few days.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Every time they mention the cone I think of this because I'm old.

coneofsilence.jpg

GSHbook2.jpg

GSHbook2.jpg

cone-of-silence.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, forecast for Merritt Island down to 73mph now. I likely would've camped out close if I'd known.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monroe County (Keys) evacced all first responders,except KW 911 and a few other key people. They emptied the jail and took the inmates up north as well.

So nobody is there to save the asses of the stupid and that is fine by me.

• 3Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Monroe County (Keys) evacced all first responders,except KW 911 and a few other key people. They emptied the jail and took the inmates up north as well.

So nobody is there to save the asses of the stupid and that is fine by me.
How many damn people live there?
Shit just looked. 73,000 in 2010. Probably 80k now which is the size of my town. I just assumed it was like 1000 or so.
Wait first answer says Florida Keys 73k in 2010 then the 2016/17 demographic says 24.7k That is 2 wildly different answers. 83% white

• 1Like