<Medals Crew>
Didn't want to die. Left cape coral. now I North Georgia. 75is a ducking zoo
XyPxsEn.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

What magical force is going to turn this thing north... there is no high in the gulf... there is what, a stationary front to Florida's north east...

Trump is sending this thing to Mexico - de de de deported

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Irma shitting on Cuba- looks like landfall? winds "down" to 130
ya the satellite I saw a hour or two ago looking like it busted up Irma pretty good. She'll probably pop some pain killers and a first aid once back at sea though.

irmadonefuckedup.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

IF it keeps on its west track, and does not magic north , it may not be much left once it opens into the gulf, but if it does have enough left to reform once it gets into the 90 degree gulf water...ohhhboy

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Also - Meterologist hat on

The fact there is a TD over at mexico shows that staying in the low pressures- it is going to basically go that way... there is no major high in the gulf-ish area to push this thing north

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
IF it keeps on its west track, and does not magic north , it may not be much left once it opens into the gulf, but if it does have enough left to reform once it gets into the 90 degree gulf water...ohhhboy
If it goes west and not north it'll have much more time to regain powered up status than if it keeps grinding on Cuba all day as predicted then turning north into Florida. Don't think they expected it to turn grind the Cuban shores like it had all night.

• 2Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also - Meterologist hat on

The fact there is a TD over at mexico shows that staying in the low pressures- it is going to basically go that way... there is no major high in the gulf-ish area to push this thing north

There is a cutoff low moving into the SE US that is reason for the turn. I don't believe the Atlantic high has much to do with it at this point.

Question is when.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many damn people live there?
Shit just looked. 73,000 in 2010. Probably 80k now which is the size of my town. I just assumed it was like 1000 or so.
Wait first answer says Florida Keys 73k in 2010 then the 2016/17 demographic says 24.7k That is 2 wildly different answers. 83% white

There are 70k residents in the entire county, but that counts snowbirds who use their house here as resident status. The off season population is fairly small.

• 1Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monroe County (Keys) evacced all first responders,except KW 911 and a few other key people. They emptied the jail and took the inmates up north as well.

So nobody is there to save the asses of the stupid and that is fine by me.

The officials and rescue make it VERY clear before the storm that if you are in an evac zone and don't leave, you are on your own until it passes. So ya, it's not like they don't warn the people.

They don't send emergency crews out in 40+ mph winds. A 40mph wind is a pretty common spring shower for us.

• 3Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it goes west and not north it'll have much more time to regain powered up status than if it keeps grinding on Cuba all day as predicted then turning north into Florida. Don't think they expected it to turn grind the Cuban shores like it had all night.

The UKMET (Euro) model has been showing it grinding into north Cuba for a few days now. This one seems to be the most accurate on this storm. UKMET had Irma hitting Tampa when everything else claimed it was Palm Beach like 4 days ago. The rest of the tracks just keep shifting closer to UKMET with every update.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
The UKMET (Euro) model has been showing it grinding into north Cuba for a few days now. This one seems to be the most accurate on this storm. UKMET had Irma hitting Tampa when everything else claimed it was Palm Beach like 4 days ago. The rest of the tracks just keep shifting closer to UKMET with every update.
Those British Muslims really know their hurricane shit it seems. 2 years in a row.

• 3Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those British Muslims really know their hurricane shit it seems. 2 years in a row.

In the US I just picture NOAA as two old guys in overalls in the rocking chairs on the porch. "Storms a comin" "Yup".

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Tinfoil hat mills say it's going to hit Texas and they are not saying so to avoid untold panic and this is Trumps 9/11 choice to sacrifice lives for the greater good.

Ganna need more foil bro

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Models are updating and most of them are updated but still showing 5am ( but 8am EST update which always happens a hour later for whatever reason )
Hurricane & Tropical Cyclone Details
All models seem to agree but the spaghetti models are interesting.
11am is the major update. I think the 8am doesn't include full model changes. Another western shift will set my mind at ease.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like