Weather

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I read they're estimating 15-30k people stayed in the keys. Seems way high of an estimate but floridaman gonna floridaman. Also wonder how many people decided to ride it out in naples/ft myers cause of all the runs sending up the east coast innitially. Still holding with my 3200 dead, especially since it looks like it's weakening but it has a lot of hot water to go over still.

irZcw9K.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So three of this message boards most accomplished shit posters are in Florida and not a single fucking one of them is leaving the state. Can this board survive with that much content creation lost?

We'll just create some dick flyers and head over to the mall.

"Cool forum dudes looking to post with other cool dudes, nothing sexual"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand how lots of people are still on the beach in Miami. They look like they are playing in the water now too. I looked at this cam yesterday but then it was a sunny day and I guess people wanted to go to the beach, but now? The water is drastically different from the isolated waves yesterday. Now it is is just whitewater.

Miami Beach Cam | MiamiAndBeaches.com

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't understand how lots of people are still on the beach in Miami. They look like they are playing in the water now too. I looked at this cam yesterday but then it was a sunny day and I guess people wanted to go to the beach, but now? The water is drastically different from the isolated waves yesterday. Now it is is just whitewater.

Miami Beach Cam | MiamiAndBeaches.com

It's Florida. They've never been all that smart down there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Does it seem odd 3 days ago when it was still showing east coast impact the guy from I assume the weather service was pointing to the west coast to Trump?

x1.png

#hurricanegate

• 2Like

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
at201711_model.gif

I find it interesting that one of the models has that line not even hitting Florida.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't want to post these as I wasn't sure what the deal was (looks more like a tsunami), but apparently there are enough now that it looks to be legit.

So uh, yeah, anyone thinking this will be okay...just imagine that all that missing water is eventually going to be a surge somewhere.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't want to post these as I wasn't sure what the deal was (looks more like a tsunami), but apparently there are enough now that it looks to be legit.

So uh, yeah, anyone thinking this will be okay...just imagine that all that missing water is eventually going to be a surge somewhere.

I wonder what is happening here exactly? Possibly just the sand is displaced toward the beach, so the shallow water that was there is just now covered in sand vs the actual water being pushed out. Though it looks like you can see the water line in some spots, so that might not be right(unless that is just the high tide line).

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I wonder what is happening here exactly? Possibly just the sand is displaced toward the beach, so the shallow water that was there is just now covered in sand vs the actual water being pushed out. Though it looks like you can see the water line in some spots, so that might not be right(unless that is just the high tide line).
Could be. Just like one side pushes water in, the other pushes water out. Many areas are very shallow to begin with, but I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near there when the winds no longer are pushing it out if that is what it was.

• 2Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could be. Just like one side pushes water in, the other pushes water out. Many areas are very shallow to begin with, but I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near there when the winds no longer are pushing it out if that is what it was.

Agreed. Pro tip: if you see the ocean water leaving, run in the opposite direction and find high ground.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Some of those tsunami videos from 2004 were heartbreaking. People walking out where the ocean used to be with their kids and shit before the massive wall came in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The water is leaving. The people are getting pushed back in when it comes. You say hello to them.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users