Weather

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your house is still standing though right?

Yeah. There's a couple pieces of siding missing from the side I couldn't see in pics. There's an outdoor light that popped out and the porch fan popped off the ceiling. Mud in the downstairs storage enclosure. Otherwise, good to go. Even got water service yesterday. Still no power.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. There's a couple pieces of siding missing from the side I couldn't see in pics. There's an outdoor light that popped out and the porch fan popped off the ceiling. Mud in the downstairs storage enclosure. Otherwise, good to go. Even got water service yesterday. Still no power.

Godspeed man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pics or gtfo??? Lol

I know there are water powered sump pumps, if that helps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't followed Maria much but newspaper yesterday said 100% without power in PR

Yeah I didn't look up the story but I heard they're supposed to be without power for months, too. Hopefully Trump doesn't send them a shitload of money that we don't have!

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They are US citizens and it is an American territory. No different than footing the bill in Texas and Florida.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They are US citizens and it is an American territory. No different than footing the bill in Texas and Florida.

That's not entirely true . They get full benefits when they get to the US mainland. That being said we are obviously helping them despite them being fence sitting bastards forcing the existence of Puerto Rican citizenship.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pics or gtfo??? Lol

I know there are water powered sump pumps, if that helps.

I'll get pics off my phone soon. My downstairs is not that exciting unless you like studying the patterns of mud.

Pressure washer will blast most of it out after I get the entire room emptied, which is a jawb.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'll get pics off my phone soon. My downstairs is not that exciting unless you like studying the patterns of mud.

Pressure washer will blast most of it out after I get the entire room emptied, which is a jawb.

Real talk though why do you live in a place where something like this happens so frequently?

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dunno about FL but in TX it's all about property tax. How much property tax could the people in PR be paying?

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
We can go with any/all tax. The only number I could find was on the wiki and said Puerto Rico paid not quite $4 billion into the US Treasury in like 2009 which i'm going to assume includes all the things like social security and medicare etc.. They just tried (or successfully did, not sure) to declare bankruptcy and now we're supposed to foot the bill to rebuild the entire island (which is probably going to be $50 billion+++)? Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we should leave them totally fucked but something tells me "assistance" is not the right word for what's going to end up being provided or asked for.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Well, if you had no power and thus no internet for potentially months, wouldn't you?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We can go with any/all tax. The only number I could find was on the wiki and said Puerto Rico paid not quite $4 billion into the US Treasury in like 2009 which i'm going to assume includes all the things like social security and medicare etc.. They just tried (or successfully did, not sure) to declare bankruptcy and now we're supposed to foot the bill to rebuild the entire island (which is probably going to be $50 billion+++)? Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we should leave them totally fucked but something tells me "assistance" is not the right word for what's going to end up being provided or asked for.
We spent nearly 2 trillion to destroy and rebuild Iraq.

50 Billion is practically nothing for US territory with 3.5 million citizens.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You're right, money is meaningless because it's been wasted in the past! Tolan and the Bernie Bros were right all along. Lets just hand out 5 trillion evenly to US citizens (and illegals!) since, you know, it's not even 30% of our debt. It's chump change, barely more than we wasted in Iraq! And then we can declare bankruptcy like Puerto Rico!

On an actual weather note, it's been almost 90 in cleveland for the last week and supposed to continue =/.

Last edited:
  • 2Like