Weather

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're right, money is meaningless because it's been wasted in the past! Tolan and the Bernie Bros were right all along. Lets just hand out 5 trillion evenly to US citizens (and illegals!) since, you know, it's not even 30% of our debt. It's chump change, barely more than we wasted in Iraq! And then we can declare bankruptcy like Puerto Rico!

Except rebuilding Puerto Rico isn't a waste of money...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Who knows in 9 days with only a 50% of formation but maybe god still hates Florida.

wheeeee.png

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Little confused, read they have a total power and power grid failure that will have to be rebuilt. News article yesterday showed before and after sat images at night. Wasn't a big difference. They had a lot of light on now, of course they have generators but powering up lights seems like a waste.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless they go $120b in debt again or something.

Because they're the only part of the U.S. that posts constant deficits that needs the rest of us to keep afloat. At last count wasn't it just the coasts and Texas that actually give any tax dollars while all the rest leech off the Fed?

Not saying it's a non issue, but it's quite pervasive not uniquely PR.

And last I checked they pay all normal Federal taxes. I know SocSec is weird for them though, so the FICA part may be different though.

Oldbased

> Than U
Many models show a disturbance forming south of Cuba and going straight to NOLA by Sunday. Currently 3 models show it as roughly as a Cat 1 by that time. If it gets stronger though reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No one cares about Puerto Rico or Florida or Texas no more, we all in on the shooter now.

Best thing to do is to buy buckets of bleach, hydrogen peroxide baking soda and keep on spraying that mold.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you’re a U.S. citizen you are required to pay federal income taxes on earnings. With that said your taxes are offset by income taxes from your host country and you make up the difference to the U.S.

For example, a U.S. citizen is living in Notamericastan with a 15% tax rate and are in a 25% U.S. tax bracket. They would pay 15% to Notamericastan and 10% to the U.S. simplified example with simplified numbers but that’s the basics of how it works. Puerto Rico would be no different so, yes, U.S. citizens in Puerto Rico pay U.S. taxes.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For example, a U.S. citizen is living in Notamericastan with a 15% tax rate and are in a 25% U.S. tax bracket. They would pay 15% to Notamericastan and 10% to the U.S. simplified example with simplified numbers but that’s the basics of how it works. Puerto Rico would be no different so, yes, U.S. citizens in Puerto Rico pay U.S. taxes.

Anyone living abroad uses the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, which is currently around $101k. Anything you make up to that point, you pay 0 taxes. Then there is also the Housing Exclusion, which is another ~$20k (location dependent).

Another fun fact: the USA is one of the only 1st world countries that tax their citizens abroad. UK, Australia, NZ, etc all pay 0 taxes if you earn it outside of your home country.

*chant* USA .. USA .. USA!
/picard.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone living abroad uses the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, which is currently around $101k. Anything you make up to that point, you pay 0 taxes. Then there is also the Housing Exclusion, which is another ~$20k (location dependent).

Another fun fact: the USA is one of the only 1st world countries that tax their citizens abroad. UK, Australia, NZ, etc all pay 0 taxes if you earn it outside of your home country.

*chant* USA .. USA .. USA!
/picard.jpg
Live outside the usa for 330 days and you dont pay taxes

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hurricane or tropical storm now headed to New Orleans. Looks like mostly rain which is bad. I've been kind of out of touch but apparently they are already flooded. I did see on the news East Baton Rouge Parish had it's waterways closed to boat trafic last week from high water. Odd since my parents live on a river about 1-1/2 hours north of New Orleans that feeds right into Lake Maurepas and Lake Ponchatrain. They got 1" of rain in the last month.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NOLA and Mississippi is pretty lucky the storm is moving so fast.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
California wine country in Sonoma and Napa County are burning down with multiple fires. My parents had to evacuate their 30 acre property which is likely going to burn and we can't get a hold of my wife's mom whose area also evacuated.

What the fuck California.

• 1Like