Weather

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
California wine country in Sonoma and Napa County are burning down with multiple fires. My parents had to evacuate their 30 acre property which is likely going to burn and we can't get a hold of my wife's mom whose area also evacuated.

What the fuck California.

Dams and water management are hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The smoke is really thick in SF and there is ash all over everything. The air quality is definitely taking a hit.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
California wine country in Sonoma and Napa County are burning down with multiple fires. My parents had to evacuate their 30 acre property which is likely going to burn and we can't get a hold of my wife's mom whose area also evacuated.

What the fuck California.

Where in Sonoma? I lived out there for years.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The smoke is really thick in SF and there is ash all over everything. The air quality is definitely taking a hit.
Sure, it's not the one homeless guy per block that fucked up air quality, nope

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Where in Sonoma? I lived out there for years.

All of it, roughly.

pretty much. I grew up in Santa Rosa. From what my Dad is saying, it's just devastated. Their 28-acre property is probably completely gone but no way to tell until they get the shit under control and open roads again. Cops pulled my mother-in-law from her house while homes a few doors down were burning (she took a sleeping pill and didn't wake up to the sirens).

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
pretty much. I grew up in Santa Rosa. From what my Dad is saying, it's just devastated. Their 28-acre property is probably completely gone but no way to tell until they get the shit under control and open roads again. Cops pulled my mother-in-law from her house while homes a few doors down were burning (she took a sleeping pill and didn't wake up to the sirens).

I lived in Petaluma and was wondering if it made its way to there and Santa Rosa. Holy shit if its hit an area as populated as that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's likely the worst fire disaster in CA history.

Don't think Petaluma got hit (yet?), my family is staying down there near SSU.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Very sad. Other than the people, California is such a beautiful and wonderful place. Sucks to see it burn so badly :(

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Very sad. Other than the people, California is such a beautiful and wonderful place. Sucks to see it burn so badly :(

basically how I feel. Outside of politics (and cost of living), Northern CA is one of the most beautiful places in the world with a perfect climate year-round. Also just an amazing food industry.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
basically how I feel. Outside of politics (and cost of living), Northern CA is one of the most beautiful places in the world with a perfect climate year-round. Also just an amazing food industry.

I'd move back to Fishcamp area or Sonoma in a heartbeat. Cost of living is insane though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about White Russians?

Those will give you weird dreams man...

31-abide-able-big-lebowski-animated-gifs-image-2.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like