Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was in Seattle about 26 years ago and the west coast had a really bad heat wave and the hotel didn't have A/C. Left and flew thru Denver and it was 103F in Denver. Plane couldn' load enough fuel to make it from Denver to Houston and take off because of the heat. Had to stop in Oklahoma city and get enough fuel to make it to Houston. It was stupid hot closed up in a hotel with no A/C. But I had a view of Lake Washington and saw fireworks at 2am while they were filming Sleepless in Seattle. I was sleepless because of the heat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doesn't surprise me. One thing I always have to explain to my job colleagues who live in the South/West is that many schools on the East Coast were built like 50 years and have no central air/air conditioning.
having gone to private and public schools in buildings that were constructed in the 1920s. when it got hot like this, they just opened the windows and they would bring in these huge oscillating fans. nobody died! kids today are pussies.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
having gone to private and public schools in buildings that were constructed in the 1920s. when it got hot like this, they just opened the windows and they would bring in these huge oscillating fans. nobody died! kids today are pussies.
also thats when the teach comes in w/ that annoying
"fanning yourself makes you hotter"

shit...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
also thats when the teach comes in w/ that annoying
"fanning yourself makes you hotter"

shit...
video is broken, but the teacher that told you that was a stupid, we made fans in kindergarten and most kids knew how to make their own when it got really hot. nobody said shit.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
video is broken, but the teacher that told you that was a stupid, we made fans in kindergarten and most kids knew how to make their own when it got really hot. nobody said shit.
am i the only one that doesn't see these broken vids?
7378174cb41b7820bb0342dc33d2ff80.png

• 1Like

Cybsled

And the fans did shit unless you were the kid right next to them. The real reason you need AC, though, is they have demonstrated the brain and body's ability to do certain tasks well begins to diminish with higher temperatures. When businesses figured this out, they made sure to install AC (whereas earlier mentalities in the earlier 20th century were "fuck their comfort, they need to work").

It's better to have a more productive environment for kids to aid in learning vs. making them physically miserable and impacting how much you get from the same school session.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And the fans did shit unless you were the kid right next to them. The real reason you need AC, though, is they have demonstrated the brain and body's ability to do certain tasks well begins to diminish with higher temperatures. When businesses figured this out, they made sure to install AC (whereas earlier mentalities in the earlier 20th century were "fuck their comfort, they need to work").

It's better to have a more productive environment for kids to aid in learning vs. making them physically miserable and impacting how much you get from the same school session.
i agree with that, but here in NJ its only really hot the first and last few weeks of the school year. nobody gives a fuck about grades then. we just sat there and studied. yeah it sucked, but we still had recess and our lunchroom was in the basement which was nice and cool.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do hurricanes form in new jersey? its gonna be much cooler tomorrow. doubt it helps that thing.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
do hurricanes form in new jersey? its gonna be much cooler tomorrow. doubt it helps that thing.

Its rare that we get hit by them, but we have. Ocean temperature has more to do with forming/strength of them. This storm isn't forming by the East coast. Storm came off of Africa. That map is showing as of right now where it could be on the 13th.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its rare that we get hit by them, but we have. Ocean temperature has more to do with forming/strength of them. This storm isn't forming by the East coast. Storm came off of Africa. That map is showing as of right now where it could be on the 13th.
ahh, yeah noticed the date now, still thats a hell of a prediction. hope it doesnt come here, this state isnt ready to handle this, not with this shit virtue signalling governor.

• 2Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ahh, yeah noticed the date now, still thats a hell of a prediction. hope it doesnt come here, this state isnt ready to handle this, not with this shit virtue signalling governor.

People are still trying to get their shit fixed from Sandy.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People are still trying to get their shit fixed from Sandy.
yup, we never got the proper aid because this state is mismanaged and corrupted from both parties. if we get another hurricane, we will probably be completely fucked.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Mad props for AccuWeather app, this is leagues better than wunderground and others.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did NJ get hit by Hurricane Sandy back then? i was in PA my family in NY all in brooklyn/manhattan got unscathed luckily, my friends in SI got fucked tho.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
did NJ get hit by Hurricane Sandy back then? i was in PA my family in NY all in brooklyn/manhattan got unscathed luckily, my friends in SI got fucked tho.

NJ was hit yes. Storm surge did a ton of damage up, and down the the entire coast. You probably saw the pictures of the roller-coaster in SeaSide turn into a water ride.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jersey shore got fucking pummeled. up north half the towns old trees got uprooted and millions went without power. i lost electricity for a week, temps went down to fucking 30s and the day after Sandy we got a snowstorm. so no heat, power and fucking snow. people in Hoboken got flooded out hardcore. easily the worst natural disaster this state has seen in a lifetime. and because we have corrupt and dysfunctional politicians, no money for cleanup. Christie had to suck obummers cock for any help and he shit that up too.

thats why my location still says RUINS of Joisey. this place never fully recovered from Sandy.

and if that wasnt enough. a year later half the boardwalk in SSH burned down in a freak accident.

Last edited:
  • 1Like