Weather

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I am grooving on the weather in the UP. We're up by Lake Superior, and it's cooling off to about 55 F (12 C) at night. Open the windows of the lodge and sleep like a rock.

Was going to go out on the lake this morning, but there are six food waves. We'll wait until tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Come to Phoenix....our overnights hover in the 90’s. Rain? Wtf is that?!?!

My AC is running constantly.

Cold water from your sink? Nope. Not until December.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Come to Phoenix....our overnights hover in the 90’s. Rain? Wtf is that?!?!

My AC is running constantly.

Cold water from your sink? Nope. Not until December.

ugh. I feel for you. I don't care for really hot weather, and that sounds like hell.

But I'm curious about cold water from the tap - you're on city water? Where is their reservoir? At home we're on a well, so let the faucet run a while, and you get 50 degree ground water. It's awesome.

Not hungry?

Not that hungry. And a pontoon boat on Lake Superior in large swells? That is just bonkers.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
ugh. I feel for you. I don't care for really hot weather, and that sounds like hell.

But I'm curious about cold water from the tap - you're on city water? Where is their reservoir? At home we're on a well, so let the faucet run a while, and you get 50 degree ground water. It's awesome.

Not that hungry. And a pontoon boat on Lake Superior in large swells? That is just bonkers.

Where I live we get most of our water from the Colorado river. There are some large storage tanks on the outskirts of the town I live in. Our biggest issue is that our water lines are 3 feet under ground.

So hot water all the time!

• 1Like

Cybsled

Japan right now is what happens when you got bored in Simcity and just spammed disasters IRL. Floods, deadly heatwave, now typhoon. Wtf?

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know it's really hot in a lot of the country and Europe but here on the gulf coast it's really been unseasonably cool. Today light wind, sunny, no rain, and a high of 83F which is out of the ordinary for early August. Was pretty nice outside.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Water stuff has been super bad for quite some time here, and it's literally destroying people's livelihood's. It's getting rough. We have the super mega red tide combined with super algae from the river at the same time. There's been so many dead fish, turtles, dolphins, whale shark, everything. Birds have exited stage left. I live in Cape Coral

Red Tide Is Devastating Florida's Sea Life. Are Humans to Blame?

Florida's Blue-Green Algae Bloom 10 Times Too Toxic to Touch, Testing Shows | The Weather Channel

Current Beach Conditions

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rainiest summer I can remember in Jersey.

Today in Little Falls.
its really bad. i was in Nutley (NJ) today and i have never seen the town get flooded out, but there were some bad patches of river like flows on some roads. weirdly the next town over Belleville was pretty much hardly any rain and Newark was just fine. Little Falls always gets bad rain historically, been on Route 23 on the way to Willowbrook enough times to know that if it rains for more than 10 minutes there will be some flooding. once in the 90s i got caught in one of their mini floods in my 69 Plymouth which had drum brakes all around and had a few terrible minutes of going downhill with almost no brakes. i had to use the friction of the curb on my tires in order to slow my car down before i killed somebody.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I know it's really hot in a lot of the country and Europe but here on the gulf coast it's really been unseasonably cool. Today light wind, sunny, no rain, and a high of 83F which is out of the ordinary for early August. Was pretty nice outside.
I spent a few days on the beaches at Padre and Mustang Island last week, it was great.

• 1Like