Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can't find a single bag of salt in the entire city, damn, hope no one is dumb enough to slip out my place.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You probably don't have feed stores. They sell 50lb. bags of ice used in large water softeners at wells here. I think tractor supply sells it for that purpose as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You probably don't have feed stores. They sell 50lb. bags of ice used in large water softeners at wells here. I think tractor supply sells it for that purpose as well.
oh i got a tractor supply, what should i be looking for? it's late tho, i'm not driving out dark, with snow and with drivers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kitty Litter can help in a pinch. The mess it makes is a PITA, but it's better than nothing.
guess i'll spread my bag of kitty litter. i don't have a cat, i just have a 5lb bag in the cars, just in case of stuck

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
or if you want a workout
71766erN-SL._SY355_.jpg

• 1Like

Borzak

oh i got a tractor supply, what should i be looking for? it's late tho, i'm not driving out dark, with snow and with drivers.

Sorry probably too late now. I always just ask for well salt and it comes in 50 pound bags for water softners at the well.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That's just bonkers. It's well above freezing here today, and sunny and beautiful. Contemplating going for a long walk this afternoon.

• 1Like

Borzak

Was taking a nap. Every phone TV, radio in the house going off now. Tornado warning.

Tornado hit just west of here about 18 miles to the west and moving this way. You could really see the "hook" to the west but now starting to move northeast. Local news telling me we're under a local pollen alert, up to date info there.

Pretty quiet, live off the highway and no car traffic at all on the old Jerry Clower highway.

Update - guess the tornado stopped before getting here. Now just under a severe thunderstorm alert. But interesting to hear all the mispronounced name of towns on national weather and such. Yazoo MS, which really isn't near here. It's yaz ooo. I kept hearing Yah Zooo.

Last edited:
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So all the mountains surrounding Phoenix are covered in snow.

Not my pic, but Sedona;

5LGjRGW.jpg

Will probably head up there Sunday for some hiking.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And the aftermath of that storm. Must have been quite the sight yesterday.

20190223_163731.jpg

20190223_164121.jpg

• 1Like

Crimson

Peasant
The most annoying type out here: Chilled inside and too hot outside. I swear 90% of the year here is constantly adjusting wherever you are.

• 1Like