Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The groundhog was wrong

JPBVFN4LJNBQBKOB7NHR5FYYM4.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like Europe stole your warmth, we just had two of the warmest days ever recorded here this time of year. Got up to 70 F, same time last year it was still below freezing although long term average is 40s. Sunny too, I was walking around in a t-shirt today.

And yes, they talked about global warming on the idiot box today. Apparently this pleasant weather is bad for us somehow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tornado in AL today the early report was 1/2 mile wide and ran for several miles. 14 dead. The thunderstorms passed by here early this morning but not much came of it.

Edit - 22 dead now. Reading 2 tornadoes with a path 65miles long.

Last edited:
  • 4Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
For the entire month of February Calgary's temperature was half a degree above freezing for a single hour. Average temperature for the month was-18C( -0.4F). Sucks shit.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We broke the record for the coldest February ever in my home town. A record that was set in ..... 2018.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was reading that it never reached 70 in LA in Feb this year, first time that's happened since they've recorded temps.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had a short deal on the noon news showing some of the damage in AL. Some of the trees they were showing was a whole stand of what appeared to be 16-18" loblobby pine snapped off about chest high, as far you could see as they turned the camera around.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
  • 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was reading that it never reached 70 in LA in Feb this year, first time that's happened since they've recorded temps.
Yeah, Southern California was fucking cold this year. January and February I feel like only had a day or two that wasn't cold as shit. It was pretty miserable.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Had a short deal on the noon news showing some of the damage in AL. Some of the trees they were showing was a whole stand of what appeared to be 16-18" loblobby pine snapped off about chest high, as far you could see as they turned the camera around.
Most of my life was in insurance repair/restoration so I have seen lots of tornado damage up close, usually within hours of the events in Kentucky/Tennessee to tarp up homes/inspect. In most cases of the F1+ this is what they do. I've seen trees as big round as cars standing up just ripped 10 feet off the ground in two. In fact I have seen cars in trees lol. Entire churches moved a foot off the foundation but otherwise no damage. Homes leveled and in rare cases even roads ripped up from the ground. I have seen STRAW punctured into chimneys. It has always blown my mind that something you can't see and isn't that much of a issue up to 70 mph have the power and force it does at 150+.In 1998 I was in a tornado that pulverized homes with hail so large it punctured roofs and people had softball sized hail covering the living room( including mine at the time ).

Nature is cray cray

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Most of my life was in insurance repair/restoration so I have seen lots of tornado damage up close, usually within hours of the events in Kentucky/Tennessee to tarp up homes/inspect. In most cases of the F1+ this is what they do. I've seen trees as big round as cars standing up just ripped 10 feet off the ground in two. In fact I have seen cars in trees lol. Entire churches moved a foot off the foundation but otherwise no damage. Homes leveled and in rare cases even roads ripped up from the ground. I have seen STRAW punctured into chimneys. It has always blown my mind that something you can't see and isn't that much of a issue up to 70 mph have the power and force it does at 150+.In 1998 I was in a tornado that pulverized homes with hail so large it punctured roofs and people had softball sized hail covering the living room( including mine at the time ).

Nature is cray cray

I have family in Wisconsin, they love a good tornado. One year way back when they drove me out to bumfuck no where to a Tractor / Farm Equipment dealership. The buildings were there but no inventory. Then they drove me to a town about 45 mins away and showed me the 2 dozens brand new tractors and combines that rained from the sky making craters and leveling houses. Like you said a lotta straw thru live trees. Lotta 1 house missing from the block, no others touched, their lawn furniture still outside and upright. When you drive around in WI you look at the sky and see the shit swirling around thinking about making a funnel and watch a lot of lightning come UP out of the ground (WTF!) smacking into whatever hellish mess is up there getting angry. Why people live in that cursed place I fucking do not know.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I thought it was i70 ks, guess it's actually near co.

but it's pretty bad out here!, still no salt, no where, wtf!

• 4WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I thought it was i70 ks, guess it's actually near co.

but it's pretty bad out here!, still no salt, no where, wtf!
Just looked up where that happened. If you've ever driven along I-70 it's the big slope going down from the top of Vail Pass towards Copper Mountain.

• 1Like