Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Another forum someone said it was 98 in Seattle today and from the time I spent up there not everyone had air conditioning.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I read it's tied with the hottest temp ever recorded in the world. 1930s death valley reached 130 and in 1913 someplace in tunisia hit 130. Thing is, the measurements from back then were shitty so it's not an exact temp to todays standard, so it could very well be the hottest temp since recording started

was 110 here today, lost one of our god damn chickens

Borzak

I hate to say it with it being so hot everywhere else. Normally I would expect to be in the mid to high 90's this time of year along the gulf coast. Friday and Saturday at 5pm It was 75. Of course it rained somewhere close by, but not here. Today it was 85 at 5 and it did rain here.

Talked to a friend of mine from Dallas Sunday night. She said she had planned to go fishing for a few days but it was 104 and no way was she getting into a cheap plastic kayak at that temp. I think it's dark blue, not that it really would matter at that temp.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Another forum someone said it was 98 in Seattle today and from the time I spent up there not everyone had air conditioning.

A/C is pretty rare up there. It's even rare here in SF. Friday and Saturday were rough here. It was in the mid 90s on Friday and Saturday. Just brutal.

Borzak

A/C is pretty rare up there. It's even rare here in SF. Friday and Saturday were rough here. It was in the mid 90s on Friday and Saturday. Just brutal.

Yeah I lived in Anacortes, WA for a short while. A little over an hour north of Seattle on the water. The place there didn't have A/C. It got a lot less rain than Seattle though. In the rain shadow of the Olympic mountains so they got like 1-2 in of rain a month. Place was great, the people sucked ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I read it's tied with the hottest temp ever recorded in the world. 1930s death valley reached 130 and in 1913 someplace in tunisia hit 130. Thing is, the measurements from back then were shitty so it's not an exact temp to todays standard, so it could very well be the hottest temp since recording started

was 110 here today, lost one of our god damn chickens
My retarded ass dog will still probably sit outside in the sun today. It's supposed to be 115 now.

Ah, let's check that old thermometer: hmm, a mild August sort of so far. 75 degrees at 7:30. High was 83 I think.

Don't hate me because I'm not sweating. You will all get your revenge in 5 months or so, when it is 12 outside.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fire season starting early this year. It was a clear night on Tuesday and I could see the smoke plumes all the way in Napa from my place.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Put the sprinkler on.
Water shoots up in the air as everyone is now satisfied Scruffy will stay cool. Light shines through a water droplet and forms a high intensity laser which cuts scruffy into dozens of pieces as the hot pavement cooks him to well done. Hot dog indeed and not the kind Obama likes.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Can we talk about the fact that as of right now, in 5 days 2 different hurricanes will hit the US in 2 different states at the same time?
One in Texas and one in Florida on the 25th.
1597949558573.png
1597949577169.png

• 1WTF

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Water shoots up in the air as everyone is now satisfied Scruffy will stay cool. Light shines through a water droplet and forms a high intensity laser which cuts scruffy into dozens of pieces as the hot pavement cooks him to well done. Hot dog indeed and not the kind Obama likes.

Awesome poem.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I think right now they are both supposed to be tropical storms at time of hitting
If you lived in florida for 1 hurricane, you dont sweat this shit like people in the mid atlantic sweat a dusting of snow.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think right now they are both supposed to be tropical storms at time of hitting
This. "Named storm" is not the same as hurricane.

Been noticing the media freaking out about all the named storms, but there's only been I believe 2 hurricanes. Significantly less than "forecast."