Weather

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This. "Named storm" is not the same as hurricane.

Been noticing the media freaking out about all the named storms, but there's only been I believe 2 hurricanes. Significantly less than "forecast."
Yeah I've kind of laughed at the predictions when every storm is "conditions unfavorable for strengthening"

Oldbased

> Than U
I think right now they are both supposed to be tropical storms at time of hitting
The Florida one shows Cat 1 as of now in the graphic.
We've seen many that they say Cat1 or 2 then boom Cat 5 Shakrnados when they are A-moving this fast and B-days out.
I think the Texas one will be weak because it clips Mexico before turning north. The other one can go either way, but this is 2020 mah dude. Expect both to be Cat10s

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What they say at this point 5 days out doesn't mean much when it comes to that. You new to 2020 brah?
Big Weather is in the business of overhyping, not under hyping. If they’re saying 30-40 mph, it’ll probably be a beautiful day with a slight breeze.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The Florida one shows Cat 1 as of now in the graphic.
We've seen many that they say Cat1 or 2 then boom Cat 5 Shakrnados when they are A-moving this fast and B-days out.
I think the Texas one will be weak because it clips Mexico before turning north. The other one can go either way, but this is 2020 mah dude. Expect both to be Cat10s

I have zero plans and hope it hits hard enough that I get a few days off

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Big Weather is in the business of overhyping, not under hyping. If they’re saying 30-40 mph, it’ll probably be a beautiful day with a slight breeze.
Then explain every strengthening surprise hurricane which is almost every one of them in the past 20 years.
Look back through this thread. When it comes to storms, I am the Mist tech support of biological bat flus.
They call me Hurricane Dredd. I am the LAW

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
That first one which is really the second one, but formed first actually has the unknown potential to provide some entertainment.
The 5+ day is unknown other than it will be entering the gulf as a hurricane and aiming for New New Orleans
1597955215708.png

If you lived in florida for 1 hurricane, you dont sweat this shit like people in the mid atlantic sweat a dusting of snow.

I'm gonna upvote you because not giving a fuck about hurricanes is one of the few things in Florida Man's plus column. In my book, that's the good kind of crazy.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna upvote you because not giving a fuck about hurricanes is one of the few things in Florida Man's plus column. In my book, that's the good kind of crazy.
Everyone in Florida should really understand how full of shit the media is because we get glaring examples every year. Oh well.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Now both show as a hurricane on landfalls, impressive since the Texas one will have 2 prior landfalls in days before the US one.
This is Hurricane Dredd signing off with GUILTY

Oldbased

> Than U
hope it turns into a cat 5 so oldbased isnt let down.
You are the one upset and triggered over facts.
The reality of 2 hurricanes at once hitting at the same time. Even if weak that still is amazing in a nature way. Not exactly common.

Now that the eastern one moved the track south today and hits the mountains of Cuba, gulf should be spared any real heavy damage.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I guess the wildfires are CA government's fault because the leaves weren't cleaned. Thanks for the wonderful insights there, Trump. Maybe hurricanes are the southeast states' fault because they didn't get rid of all that excess moisture in the air.

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I guess the wildfires are CA government's fault because the leaves weren't cleaned. Thanks for the wonderful insights there, Trump. Maybe hurricanes are the southeast states' fault because they didn't get rid of all that excess moisture in the air.
What did California do to prevent the wild fires after the last time? Towns were lost. Was anything done?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What did California do to prevent the wild fires after the last time? Towns were lost. Was anything done?

They've increased the amount of controlled wildfires to burn ground-level dry debris and PG&E is finally being held accountable for fixing their shit ass infrastructure (the big fires in 2017/2018 were largely believed to have been caused by ignored downed power lines). But these wildfires were the cause of a completely abnormal lightning storm. Lightning strikes across the state ignored all that because it started with the big trees instead of ground-level debris. Nothing you can really do about that beyond chopping down the trees.

Also almost all the wildfires over the past years have started in federal parks under federal jurisdiction.

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That's exactly right. Retards don't practice due diligence for brush clearing in a dry fire prone area. Don't throw your arms in the air like it's totally the will of the gods.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People in tornado alley and hurricane-prone areas should get treated with the same amount of apathy then. Oh wait a lot of those people are Trump voters.

Although coincidentally the wildfires always affect the CA Trump voters most. Land mass-wise, CA is extremely red. Just the population centers outweigh them.

• 1Salty

Oldbased

> Than U
People in tornado alley and hurricane-prone areas should get treated with the same amount of apathy then. Oh wait a lot of those people are Trump voters.

Although coincidentally the wildfires always affect the CA Trump voters most. Land mass-wise, CA is extremely red. Just the population centers outweigh them.
Sir. This is the weather thread.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like