Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Where do you see that? When I google "hurricane delta" I click on the google map using NOAA data, and it shows the middle of the cone going straight through Jennings??

It's going between Lafayette and Lake Charles according to the news. It's not coming anywhere near here. Just it's been raining here for 12 hours now and it's 4 hour drive away. Here's the rain I got off the local tv station. When Laura hit Lake Charles we hardly got any rain at all. Until it turns...still looks like it's going more towards Beaumont. One of the forecast maps had 6+ inches of rain all over southwest LA.

I like todays coastfal forecast. Rain likely, chance of strong thunderstorms, wind lol. I think someone forgot the tropical storm warning and said screw it I'm done.

hurr2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Checked my local news. I'm safe now, got my warning not to run my generator in the house. Gee I would have never guessed. Thanks media!

Oldbased

> Than U
Checked my local news. I'm safe now, got my warning not to run my generator in the house. Gee I would have never guessed. Thanks media!
Also if you have a big grease vat and it flames up. Don't dump a hurricane on it.

Oldbased

> Than U
1602262391495.png

It's here. Those cams in Lake Charles starting to show some effects of the wind blown rain now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

It's started to turn or wobble a little. Early this morning it was going stright north.

Oldbased

> Than U
Way too many people still driving around lol
Ya it's now looking rough. Still lots of semis which I am shocked because the wind on I10 should be getting close to pushover.

Also to anyone that knows, is that the lake center far right? There used to be about 50 feet of grass on the underpass to water earlier. It's all but gone now.

Oldbased

> Than U
Hurricane force winds now hitting shoreline. Good news is that front took a lot out of it, already down to Cat 2. No word if I have flying cows but do see some trailers off road on I10.
1602280147152.png

• 1Like

Borzak

Local radar. There was a semi that had a wreck on I-10 earlier. It may have blown over it was half over, but no telling they could have done something else stupid. 10,000 without power in the Lake Charles area at 4pm.

hurr3.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

The semi, says in curve so possibly just too fast and the least little wind could turn it. Other pictures showed a bunch of power poles leaned over pretty good. Wonder if they had just been put back up.

An 18-wheeler crashes in the curve of I-10 as Hurricane Delta approaches Lake Charles. (Source: Louisiana State Police)

APZHEDUDAVEULFYLUGP2XSQLYI.jpg

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Welp, that is probably a wrap on the 2020 Cowicane season and with fires winding down I assume since I haven't heard shit about them in weeks, we'll go ahead and setup for freezin mah balls 2020/2021.

Borzak

Lot stronger this far than I thought it would be. Lost two trees got uprooted. 12 hours without power not bad, had generator. 225 miles to Lake Charles. I thought I heard tin get ripped off the shed last night. I guess it was someone elses tin going through.

Drove to "town". They never lost power I don't think. Went out at 4am and could see the glow of the lights. Lot of downed trees here in the sticks of course. Still surprised, we didn't get shit from Laura. I'm right on the MS/LA line off I-55 north coming out of New Orleans about 100 miles north of it. So long way away from the southeast part of the state. Still kind of breezy at 20mph. This thing is going to drop a lot of rain and some medium wind it's pretty damn big. Looks like about Memphis now.

Dad has a digital wind deal and rain gauge. 5" of rain since about 9pm last night.

Nothing major along the fence row.

Down.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Listen if that just took a super hard right hook and slammed Florida I'd take it. I really need some time off

• 1Like

Borzak

Yeah just saw the forecast. Highly subject to change of course. I guess the next one they start over with A.

BMGZO4TVNBFATO2P3CABIV4PIQ.png

• 1Like