Weather

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you aren't getting rain from tropical / hurricane Whatever pretty sure you aren't getting rain at all for next couple weeks. From the gulf to Africa it's a full NFL offensive line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Storm moving east and east as it goes. Looks like it might just skirt New Orleans and hit the far edge of MS and AL instead. Pretty sure the stuff the predictions they use are coin flips.

Update cat 2 at landfall, even further east now. Rain is going to be big the biggest issue overall.
Appears Sally will be skirting the major hurricane line but just short. 5mph short tomorrow of cat 3.
Its also slowed down to almost nothing. 7mph when I last looked. Supposedly may shift further east. NO not even in the cone any longer, taking direct aim at Mobile, though, and will be a huge rainmaker, particularly if it slows down any more.

Edit: All of this is taken into account by the 9PM update, so old news now. Just creeping maybe 3mph right now. Path is more to the east indeed, if it doesn't wobble back west LA might barely see any TS winds. Storm is also weakening, so prob just a Cat 2 a landfall, eyewall blown open, not strengthening overnight tonight, top winds seen look closer to 90+ but they expect to see 105ish at landfall tomorrow night. Can't believe its still a day away this close in. High expected move/break down and ride the storm north and east tomorrow.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pensacola. Really slowed down. No rain here but east toward Pensacola and Destin looks like it's going to pour a lot of rain on.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Jeff again! This guy is fucking great. Can't wait till air conditioners start flying.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Almost a cat 3 but it is all downhill from here. Probably best you are going to get is signs, trees, shingles and maybe a gas station awning. No sharknados this time.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Beta popped right in as a hurricane to be. Smacking Texas and then riding the gulf as of now. Interesting path!
1600511573017.png

Lots can happen in a few days with this one. As of now only pushing Cat 1 maybe 2 but it has been erratic from the start and the path is odd. Looks like they are counting on sheer to change its course a few times and that can easily change.

Now Teddy has been around awhile now just dicking around in the Atlantic, over time the path has moved considerably more west on the scope. It may go even more as it is still a week out from really screwing with anything. It'll likely hit Bermuda( It'll be east of them so just outer bands ) with a strong Cat 2 possibly Cat 3 then after that could screw with Canada and maybe northern US. Another erratic storm not going as planned at times. It's been out there fucking around 7 days already.
1600511888550.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Another tropical storm headed for New Orleans. Almost as if these busy years come in cycles or something.

Oldbased

> Than U
My way the fuck too early prediction is around that state no media names like the last 3 times. You know, the one just east of Texas.
As a Cat 4. Friday night/Sat morn.
It's going to be a nut puncher and land in an area again that has apparently no cameras and storm chasers will be 1800 miles inland showing us flying ACs and maybe some missing windows.

Borzak

Gonna hit the Yucatan possibly that should help. From the local news. Seems like a huge stretch to even guess where it's going and strength considering the distance out it is and still has to make landfall across the Yucata as well. Haven't looked at the water temp of the gulf, it's been cooler temp wise for this temp of year anyway. We got down to 49 one morning.

Apparently Mexico doesn't have weather radar. When I've been down along the border the local stations always artifically cut it off on the border. I guess they don't want Mexico to know without paying lol.

DL652PIUNBDFNANQNX3YXZPUOA.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Gonna hit the Yucatan possibly that should help. From the local news. Seems like a huge stretch to even guess where it's going and strength considering the distance out it is and still has to make landfall across the Yucata as well. Haven't looked at the water temp of the gulf, it's been cooler temp wise for this temp of year anyway. We got down to 49 one morning.

Apparently Mexico doesn't have weather radar. When I've been down along the border the local stations always artifically cut it off on the border. I guess they don't want Mexico to know without paying lol.

DL652PIUNBDFNANQNX3YXZPUOA.png
When they forecast it as major this far out, it usually is never a good sign. They tend to be a bit stronger than predicted in recent year trends.
Despite it is stronger than predicted in this graph than this morning when I said it, I am still saying 4 and I think it will be more eastward than this line some.
Of course this far out whatever is making the models think it will turn and shoot off could easily change.

Borzak

The updated path now shows it hitting Louisiana right on the spillway like Andrew did in 1992. Extremely low lying area, just a spillway shortcut for the MS river to get to the gulf. I remember seeing miles and miles of dead fish in the spillway. Took years for it to recover.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Wouldn't take a big wiggle to wind up hitting the same place that Laura hit in Lake Charles. Saw on facebook a girl I dated in high school posted pics on FB from Pensacola where she lives. They had a barge land on the street she lives on from the hurricane that went through there a while back.

Oldbased

> Than U
They keep bouncing this as a 2 or 3 on landfall. They expected it to remain a 3 when it crossed the coons but it came out as a 1 and severely weakened. It'll recover some but the damage was done at that point.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They keep bouncing this as a 2 or 3 on landfall. They expected it to remain a 3 when it crossed the coons but it came out as a 1 and severely weakened. It'll recover some but the damage was done at that point.
So kind of like Irma a few years ago. The storm that was going to wipe out Florida, but just kidding after Cuba and the keys it was basically nothing

Although hitting in the same spot as a hurricane that hasn't been cleaned up yet will be interesting