Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looked up the water temp in the gulf yesterday. Just off the Yucatan it was in the mid 80s Just south of New Orleans 77.

EjpmqLOWAAEDYXy

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
So kind of like Irma a few years ago. The storm that was going to wipe out Florida, but just kidding after Cuba and the keys it was basically nothing

Although hitting in the same spot as a hurricane that hasn't been cleaned up yet will be interesting
Ya, it was supposed to cross the tip in Mexico almost northerly but wobbled west putting it over quite a bit more land. They had predicted it to come offshore as a 3 if not 4. Instead it nearly fell apart and came off as a 1. I mean it will still be a strong 2 or a 3 as it is now, but that is why they were spared a 4 or 5. At the speed and strength it was going to have, the water temp wouldn't have mattered much at shore considering the speed it will be traveling as today goes on.

The wobble and western small detour in Mexico spared us quite a bit for the reason you specified. Debris in a 4+ being slung around is much worse than a 2/3.

Borzak

I use the hurricane center. The hurricane is starting to show on local radar here now and rain from it up into Arkansas already. All along LA, MS, and TX and such.

Borzak

The noaa site in itself has a huge amount of stuff to sort through. I'm sure that's why so many other sites get their data from there so nobody has to actually sort through it.

Borzak

Still shows the projected path to hit LA just west of Lafayette/spillway and just east of Lake Charles.

BA3QEH3JBFBVDNYIW2LBDABAUM.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This storm doesn't want us to forget the 2020 Hurricane Season is one for the record books.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They had been running as a 2 on landfall for the past day but now back up to 3.
I still stand by my 4.2 and flying cow prediction. ( not sure why they kept saying 2 when it was down to 970mb last update )

Last edited:

Borzak

I guess people are taking it at least semi serious. Traffic in southwest Louisiana is pretty heavy from the article on the news. 5 parishes have a mandatory evacuation. One of them has probably less than 5,000 permanent residents though.

Borzak

The eye is on local radar here now. Been raining here since noon and from radar all the way up into Arkansas and eastward into Florida.

Oldbased

> Than U
The eye is on local radar here now. Been raining here since noon and from radar all the way up into Arkansas and eastward into Florida.
Ya, it might not be the toughest bitch but it is a big bitch.
How big?
This fucking big. Pretty much every cloud in this is attached with it somehow all the way up to Ohio atm.
1602220054431.png

It's being sheered hard by a flat front. Then venting fuel a 1000 miles to the NE being sucked in by the same front sheering it. If that front wasn't there it would be a 5 for certain.

whewlad.png

Buoy in the hurricane picked up a 99mph reading and a 35foot wave. 952MB now

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

I'm 100 miles northeast of Baton Rouge, 100 miles north of New Orleans. shit we've been getting rain all day and sometimes pretty heavy for the last 14 hours or so. Storm itself looks like it's going more towards the TX/LA line or even more towards Texas.

Borzak

Miss days of hurricanes being called women like Betsy, Camille and such. first guy hurricanes I remember was Andrew and Hugo. Now it's Delta. Soon they'll be naming them symbols like square or the hurricane that formely identified as soandso.

Oldbased

> Than U
Miss days of hurricanes being called women like Betsy, Camille and such. first guy hurricanes I remember was Andrew and Hugo. Now it's Delta. Soon they'll be naming them symbols like square or the hurricane that formely identified as soandso.
It's because we had so many worthless refugee storms from Africa. Most of them capsized while way out in the Atlantic.
You can thank terrible weather people for the boring code names once real names were used up. So much potential for storms such as Buzzard and Cunt and Dicky.

1602247042755.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm 100 miles northeast of Baton Rouge, 100 miles north of New Orleans. shit we've been getting rain all day and sometimes pretty heavy for the last 14 hours or so. Storm itself looks like it's going more towards the TX/LA line or even more towards Texas.

Where do you see that? When I google "hurricane delta" I click on the google map using NOAA data, and it shows the middle of the cone going straight through Jennings??