Weather

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Used to work in The Dalles, OR at google, friend who is still there sent me a pic of the temp at 117. Set the record for hottest city in OR ever recorded, but that was a few days ago and not hard to imagine it got broken again further east
Wtf. I lived in Goldendale for 8 years. My uncle lives down in Carson. He was sending me pictures of 118 degrees all last week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Cool, I lived in Carson for a summer a long long time ago. I grew up in Hood River.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Well after Memorial day weekend being rainy in the 50's in Southern New England, i had to turn the furnace on! We are now enjoying 4th of July weekend being rainy in the low 60s.

I'm getting totally fucked on planned house projects.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What are we really looking at with Elsa? Seems like it's slowing down more than expected and going more west than expected. Are we going to see it strengthen more as a result?

• 1Like

Goatface

certainly not the heat wave like everyone else, but our avg for july is normally 80, and has been near 90 everyday for last 7 days while they have called for rain-storms and upper 70's. today it finally rained, super hard for like 10 mins

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Death Valley had a low of 107 Sunday morning. I used to live 90 minutes from Death Valley. I don't miss the heat.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Much cooler than average here in the south on the gulf coast. High in the mid to upper 80's. Lows down to high 60's at night. Looking at the ended forecast not supposed to hit 90 till the last day of July which is really cool for July. Of course it's been raining everyday, not the normal afternoon thunderstorms.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wish some of that would come up here. We're having the worst drought since 1988 in SE Montana. We're not going to make a single bale of hay this year and neither are most people who can't irrigate. Normal prices for cow hay is around $90-$120 a ton and this year it's looking more like $250 a ton IF you can find any for sale. There's a few shitbags trying to sell it for $350-$400 a ton right now but it just doesn't make sense to pay that much. I need 400 ton to get through the winter. Prefer to have 500. Going to be a lot of cows sold this year just because there's nothing to feed them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Was on Forest fire evac alert all weekend.

BC is on fire and will be all summer = (

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1626550233253.png

Every single day of July last year was 110+ and no rain. Already rained 2-3 times this month. A high of 95 with rain in July is basically like hell freezing over here.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Weve been getting tons of rain here in MI too, usually this time of year, July-Aug, is dry as fuck. Rain 2-3 times a week for the last few weeks. My grass has never been greener int he summer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in NJ, we usually get mild summers of 78-88 with only a few days of very hot weather over 90 followed by some slambang thunderstorms to blow it all out and then back to 78-88. since june its been 90+ one day and slambang thunderstorms the next and then back to 90+ rinse repeat rinse repeat. sucks for a convertible owner. too hot to have the top down and too wet to keep it down when it isnt too hot. the humidity is terrible too. i miss winter.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Weve been getting tons of rain here in MI too, usually this time of year, July-Aug, is dry as fuck. Rain 2-3 times a week for the last few weeks. My grass has never been greener int he summer.

I actually saw someone on FB this week trying to find someone to haul hay from Wisconsin to Eastern MT. At that distance you're looking at like $120/ton just in trucking which is more than we would pay for the hay delivered a lot of years.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like NJ is going to get some action tonight. Tornado warnings across the northern part of the state. If I get wiped out, nobody can have my stuff.