Weather

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my windchimes are japanese so the tail end is paper to catch the wind
d0a5c3748b550666efec08b28180f91d.png

so they could only go under a porch
wow, never seen those before. the "good ones" i have accumulated over the years from flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales are those giant metal tube kind, they make a godawful noise when the wind is roaring. its my alarm that shit is going down.
iu

those i hang under my garage. they never rust, the string sometimes breaks and i have to do repairs every few years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
my windchimes are japanese so the tail end is paper to catch the wind
d0a5c3748b550666efec08b28180f91d.png

so they could only go under a porch
Interesting.
I am going to get the pussy one hanging by her head and name it after a ex-GF from 30 years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
looks like it's headed central li

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes you good or ded?

you got a generator now dawg?
I was in Florida. I was watching the track and having decades of being a Floridian taught me to not truck weather people. We left yesterday and stayed the night in Alexandria. Before I went to bed I saw it had drifted east into east Suffolk and I knew I was golden. Drive into LI this morning and didn't hit any real rain until northern Jersey. Belt parkway was near empty so it was an easy cruise. I got home and my Lee Zemdin for Governor yard signs were still in my front yard. "Massive wind damage", indeed.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was in Florida. I was watching the track and having decades of being a Floridian taught me to not truck weather people. We left yesterday and stayed the night in Alexandria. Before I went to bed I saw it had drifted east into east Suffolk and I knew I was golden. Drive into LI this morning and didn't hit any real rain until northern Jersey. Belt parkway was near empty so it was an easy cruise. I got home and my Lee Zemdin for Governor yard signs were still in my front yard. "Massive wind damage", indeed.
Belt parkway not being a parking lot is the real surprise here.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Everyone here was "terrified" of the weather. They just listen to the fearmongering news and go along like little lemmings.
Yup. My girlfriend is in RI and has been shitting her panties for two days now and getting mad at me for not taking things seriously. It’s all so tiresome.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the only people who need to worry are the people who live in lowlands. i used to live between two brooks and every year those two brooks flooded the area. guess what? we moved the fuck away from there. once you move to high ground, you win.
iu

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yup. My girlfriend is in RI and has been shitting her panties for two days now and getting mad at me for not taking things seriously. It’s all so tiresome.
After the cat 5 turned the Bahamas into Atlantis in 2019 and shitting my pants as a Maryland native transplanted to Florida. I have gotten used to it and give zero fucks anymore.

Irma tore through my neighborhood in 2017 and we didn't lose a single shingle. People are fucking idiots.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Me: it's barely a cat 1, if it turns into a tropical storm before or right after hitting land, it's a nothingburger.

GF: ERMAHGERD

Me: Look it's slowing down and turning away from you.

GF: ERMAHGERD!

Me: It is fine, even if it hits you, you are a few miles away from the wharf and the wharf is some feet about the water line.

GF: ERMAHGERD, why so insensitive to my needs? Cluck CLUCK CLUCK!!!

ME: I wish my arms were 300 miles long so I can reach over and strangle you.

And look, it's a nothingburger. So shocking.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Me: it's barely a cat 1, if it turns into a tropical storm before or right after hitting land, it's a nothingburger.

GF: ERMAHGERD

Me: Look it's slowing down and turning away from you.

GF: ERMAHGERD!

Me: It is fine, even if it hits you, you are a few miles away from the wharf and the wharf is some feet about the water line.

GF: ERMAHGERD, why so insensitive to my needs? Cluck CLUCK CLUCK!!!

ME: I wish my arms were 300 miles long so I can reach over and strangle you.

And look, it's a nothingburger. So shocking.
i keep looking on the news for carnage, best i can find is traffic is backed up because of local street flooding. people need to fucking get their brains on right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i keep looking on the news for carnage, best i can find is traffic is backed up because of local street flooding. people need to fucking get their brains on right.
lulz only flooding in williamsburg and the blackie areas, so whatever

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Janx Janx where the hell is this shitty town, it's literally just 3 streets and their grocery store is a dairy queen and dollar general
a4b14ab1ba1cb260c2fe9457158da5ab.png

Not that surprising. Been awhile but TN had some crazy flooding ~2010 and the land between the lakes area (just north of that) got hit VERY hard by flooding. Base I work at was underwater. Memphis/West AR got jacked too. Not sure I've ever been down 70. Usually just take 40 if I'm heading towards Nashville.
1629674086226.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not that surprising. Been awhile but TN had some crazy flooding ~2010 and the land between the lakes area (just north of that) got hit VERY hard by flooding. Base I work at was underwater. Memphis/West AR got jacked too. Not sure I've ever been down 70. Usually just take 40 if I'm heading towards Nashville.
View attachment 368543

well my lawn is looking good since all this rain, so whatever