Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i thought teslas awd is only on at takeoff/stop and sensing ice
Tesla AWD models have a motor for each drive axle. The non-AWD models have a single motor driving both axles. I could be wrong and now I have to look it up but normally AWD vehicles have the AWD always on.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
it wouldn't make sense to be always on cuz you use more power for no reason really, which is why most awds turn off the rwd at cruising unless its always connected to the drive train

this article says no
d2a9211389d03ed7713df8e65b08b903.png

your old tesla article says awd is "on" but doesn't say if all 4 wheels are spinning by motor, it means awd "mode" is on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
it wouldn't make sense to be always on cuz you use more power for no reason really, which is why most awds turn off the rwd at cruising unless its always connected to the drive train

this article says no
d2a9211389d03ed7713df8e65b08b903.png

your old tesla article says awd is "on" but doesn't say if all 4 wheels are spinning by motor, it means awd "mode" is on.
As long as I have the Jeep I won't worry about it. It is now the shitty roads go to vehicle.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sixty fucking five degrees yesterday afternoon and we got 6 inches of snow overnight and this morning with temperatures hitting the teens by dawn.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sixty fucking five degrees yesterday afternoon and we got 6 inches of snow overnight and this morning with temperatures hitting the teens by dawn.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
about the same here, but none of our snow stuck to the ground. i dont mind this mild weather with a few days of actual winter per week. it is funny watching people lose their shit over a few inches of snow and then go out in shorts and tanktops the next day.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
about the same here, but none of our snow stuck to the ground. i dont mind this mild weather with a few days of actual winter per week. it is funny watching people lose their shit over a few inches of snow and then go out in shorts and tanktops the next day.
Our new puppy was doing laps in the snow in the backyard like speed racer.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Another odd one. We're under a red flag fire warning. It rained 2" in the last week and some of the stuff here is starting to green up.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another odd one. We're under a red flag fire warning. It rained 2" in the last week and some of the stuff here is starting to green up.

Wildfires are still going all around east Texas & Louisiana. The greater DFW area had at least 3 today and it looks like the area north of Houston has/had a few going.

NASA fire tracker stat map: NASA-FIRMS
A slightly easier to read (when zoomed out) map with the same data: https://data.redding.com/fires/

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting into the 50s today, then rain, then freezing rain/ice, then 6-10 inches of snow all within the next 36 hours.

• 1Like

Borzak

Southwest MS 15 minutest from the LA border. I think they have a list of warnings and just grab some at random. Pretty contradictary list.

Low humidity warning - a new one to me and it's currently 63% on the NOAA site.

Severe thunderstorm warning - OK I'll buy that one it's raining now

Red Flag warning - for fire due to the low humidity of 63% lol and wind.

Flash flood warning - due the rain today and thunderstorm forecast for tomorrow.

It's actually a nice day with a little light rain. I'm going outside to sit on the porch and smoke a cigar. One of the better days we've had in a while 73F now.

Borzak

83F here yesterday while it was sleeting and shit in Memphis 4 hours away. Still winter mix here now and forecas for today is 80F.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was 60 on Monday but six inches of snow forecast for overnight. I’m done with winter. Fake spring day ruined me for the year.

• 1Like

Goatface

3 days of 60-70's, 50's, 40's today, 50's tomorrow, 60's friday, then 27/4 for sat with 1" of snow