Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how the hell is nashville both the country music and tornado capital of the world?, i've had more tornado warnings in 6months than i've had in 4 years in kansas

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
how the hell is nashville both the country music and tornado capital of the world?, i've had more tornado warnings in 6months than i've had in 4 years in kansas

I’ve only visited Nashville once; was just before Covid BS. Woke up to my mom blasting me on the phone in the morning because apparently a tornado came through that night. Perfect timing. Was weird driving back to our vendor in Franklin we were visiting for work the second day. Roads just filled with debris, etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
winds were so bad it almost lifted the grill cover off my smoker
53406e5ee194550627ee724179813262.png

like it was literally almost pulled off and the only reason it stayed on was cuz it got caught up in the smoke stack

i find lifting this cover off w/ human hands annoying, how the fuck did a tornado do it?

oh also my bucket of pellets is gone, like i put my pellets in a 5gallon bucket covered with a lid and just leave it out, it's relatively dry, and now it's just gone. (probably carried away somewhere)time to stop being lazy and install the backyard cams

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
winds were so bad it almost lifted the grill cover off my smoker
53406e5ee194550627ee724179813262.png

like it was literally almost pulled off and the only reason it stayed on was cuz it got caught up in the smoke stack

i find lifting this cover off w/ human hands annoying, how the fuck did a tornado do it?

oh also my bucket of pellets is gone, like i put my pellets in a 5gallon bucket covered with a lid and just leave it out, it's relatively dry, and now it's just gone. (probably carried away somewhere)time to stop being lazy and install the backyard cams
Thats why god invented bungi cord. Or just any rope. I use a cheap generic tarp for my grill and just some cheap bungi cord to hold it down. That shit didnt move all winter or even during the two tropical storms we had last year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The storm was as advertised. Probably got somewhere around 2 feet of snow but it's hard to say because it's blown all over the place. Day 3 the county road is still impassable and most of the local highways are still closed. School was out for the whole week more or less. We've been able to keep our young cattle alive near the house but haven't been able to get to the ones in the hills. Anything that was at least a day or two old when the storm hit will probably be fine but those that were just born before or were born during the storm might not have survived. Going out with the tractor in the morning to try to find what we can and give them some hay but they're all going to be hidden out in brushy creeks and we're definitely not going to see them all until some of this melts. Looking like a couple more days of cold weather before we finally hit some temps that might actually get all this shit melting.

On the upside, this is a pretty good amount of moisture which will maybe mean we're not in a severe drought for the 3rd year in a row which was going to be a disaster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

82 yesterday and 87 today, broke previous record of 84, over 20 above avg. tomorrow should just be 80, then going back down to 60's

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just got back from Fla. Absolutely God given weather all week. Not a drop of rain and high 70's. It was 51 when I pulled into my house today in NY. 😡

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Tornado alley for sure moved east. We used to get all that but now they start here (weak) then go east and wreck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's wild. Especially the first one. Can't believe a drone could fly with that thing close enough to see.
Its scary as fuck and weird how it becomes transparent between the clouds and the ground. From far away that really does look like a finger from the clouds pointing at shit its fucking up.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a couple tornados in my area. Storm chasers are trying to show live shots on tv but the net / cell is so bad they are doing like 160p :emoji_laughing:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's funny, we just got back from a van trip a few weeks ago. I told my wife I sometimes wondered if people were judging us when we had California plates. I always felt like people assumed I was an asshole.

Now we have Florida plates and I just assume everyone is jealous.

Probably all in my head.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
:emoji_sweat:

I thought I could get away with leaving my bed in a non air conditioned room, saving the space for VR. Then we had 2 105 days in a row.

Today I gave up and moved the bed in here in the AC, and I feel like it is a white dwarf star slowly cooling over billions of years.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That's funny, we just got back from a van trip a few weeks ago. I told my wife I sometimes wondered if people were judging us when we had California plates. I always felt like people assumed I was an asshole.

Now we have Florida plates and I just assume everyone is jealous.

Probably all in my head.

So you're Florida man?