Weather

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we got a shitload of rain and wind this week, still some more tomorrow. if i didnt live at the top of a hill my basement would have been flooded.

Goatface

.Light snow accumulations possible tonight through Saturday.. not seen high (3500+) vs low (1500) elevation forecasts, so probably nothing.
wed it was 75, today 46 tomorrow 30's with a low in the 20's, but supposed to be last cold day for a while

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I just spent a week on Lake Michigan. Had gorgeous weather. 60 degrees and sun. Had snow over one night, and it was 25 when I woke up, but 50 by lunch. So relaxing and fun to just hang at the beach when no one else is around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
277748865_290556979926080_9030454099206735867_n.jpg

This probably isn't too impressive to midwest folks but we're not used to this kind of snow, certainly not in April. We're in the 18-24" forecast. I'm not sure whether to be happy about the moisture since we've been very worried about the continuing drought, or worried about the fact that we're in the middle of calving and this could easily result in dead calves. Should be interesting I guess.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
View attachment 407535

This probably isn't too impressive to midwest folks but we're not used to this kind of snow, certainly not in April. We're in the 18-24" forecast. I'm not sure whether to be happy about the moisture since we've been very worried about the continuing drought, or worried about the fact that we're in the middle of calving and this could easily result in dead calves. Should be interesting I guess.

Yeah, but we don't have to drive up and down mountains in the midwest. Good luck with all that.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 407535

This is something I have been learning since moving to NY. One in the south just assumes that cold = snow. When I moved to Ny I expected snow all winter and in actuality we get snow 4 or 5 times a year total. Part of being on an island. I would have assumed that Montana/Wyoming would be snow covered for months on end, but I guess based on what you are saying it doesnt get that much snow?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
This is something I have been learning since moving to NY. One in the south just assumes that cold = snow. When I moved to Ny I expected snow all winter and in actuality we get snow 4 or 5 times a year total. Part of being on an island. I would have assumed that Montana/Wyoming would be snow covered for months on end, but I guess based on what you are saying it doesnt get that much snow?

Not most years. This area is pretty much a high desert. There are winters where we get snow in December and it lasts until March but that's usually 1 or 2 years out of 10. Most years we get a few inches and then we'll get a warm day and it will melt off and a good percentage of the winter the ground isn't covered.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not most years. This area is pretty much a high desert. There are winters where we get snow in December and it lasts until March but that's usually 1 or 2 years out of 10. Most years we get a few inches and then we'll get a warm day and it will melt off and a good percentage of the winter the ground isn't covered.
Montana/Wyoming has always been a dream of mine to live. Going weeks at a time never seeing another human being unless I choose to is like Nirvana. Unfortunately my wife doesnt see it that way.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Montana/Wyoming has always been a dream of mine to live. Going weeks at a time never seeing another human being unless I choose to is like Nirvana. Unfortunately my wife doesnt see it that way.
Yeah it's still pretty easy to live where there's no people here as long as you don't need to be surrounded by mountains. Starlink has removed the biggest drawback now too.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a coworker who lived in Wyoming and hated it. The wind is apparently brutal there, but one of the seasons is "mud season."

Otherwise it's got decent outdoor stuff, but the weather just blows ass for a lot of the year.

• 1Like