Weather

Fucker

Log Wizard
Had a coworker who lived in Wyoming and hated it. The wind is apparently brutal there, but one of the seasons is "mud season."

Otherwise it's got decent outdoor stuff, but the weather just blows ass for a lot of the year.
I live in a place with windy winters. Wind for a week+ at a time.

It really starts to get old after a few months.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is something I have been learning since moving to NY. One in the south just assumes that cold = snow. When I moved to Ny I expected snow all winter and in actuality we get snow 4 or 5 times a year total. Part of being on an island. I would have assumed that Montana/Wyoming would be snow covered for months on end, but I guess based on what you are saying it doesnt get that much snow?
same here in north east NJ. we usually get signifigant snow (6 inches or more) maybe 4 times between late december to late march. we have some years where it goes apeshit and we get 4 big snows in February, but thats pretty rare. people from the south think we get snow all the time because it stays cold and that old snow just turns into concrete and sticks around so long. western NJ though, which due to higher elevation is a big difference. some parts of western Jersey, the snow blows in, then keeps blowing in and people tend to stay where they are for a week or more til it clears up. my dad lived in west NJ for 20 years and he hated all the snow because he still had to get to work in NYC every day, his commute one way went from 1 hour to who the fuck knows when.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
same here in north east NJ. we usually get signifigant snow (6 inches or more) maybe 4 times between late december to late march. we have some years where it goes apeshit and we get 4 big snows in February, but thats pretty rare. people from the south think we get snow all the time because it stays cold and that old snow just turns into concrete and sticks around so long. western NJ though, which due to higher elevation is a big difference. some parts of western Jersey, the snow blows in, then keeps blowing in and people tend to stay where they are for a week or more til it clears up. my dad lived in west NJ for 20 years and he hated all the snow because he still had to get to work in NYC every day, his commute one way went from 1 hour to who the fuck knows when.
NJ is too skinny to have a west side

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
NJ is too skinny to have a west side
we totally do. you can see the difference in weather from Essex to Morris to Sussex to Warren County.
physical-map-of-new-jersey-satellite-outside.jpg

the elevation changes dramatically

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah bro, been in Jersey 40 years, no one ever said east Jersey or west Jersey. You only had North Jersey which was New York Jr., South Jersey which was Philly Jr., and central Jersey which no one really knows what their deal is, even them.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nah bro, been in Jersey 40 years, no one ever said east Jersey or west Jersey. You only had North Jersey which was New York Jr., South Jersey which was Philly Jr., and central Jersey which no one really knows what their deal is, even them.
We just tend to call all of it "shithole" :trollface:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Had a coworker who lived in Wyoming and hated it. The wind is apparently brutal there, but one of the seasons is "mud season."

Otherwise it's got decent outdoor stuff, but the weather just blows ass for a lot of the year.

A lot of Wyoming is flat sagebrush prairie and the wind does blow down there. People think about Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons but a lot of Wyoming is pretty desolate. The wind is relentless in a fair amount of North Dakota as well.

123283d1388761641-scenic-drives-southeastern-wy-fetterman.jpg

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of Wyoming is flat sagebrush prairie and the wind does blow down there. People think about Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons but a lot of Wyoming is pretty desolate. The wind is relentless in a fair amount of North Dakota as well.

123283d1388761641-scenic-drives-southeastern-wy-fetterman.jpg
Where is the fucking Starbucks at?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you should know that Central Jersey is India Jr. and the West Jersey/East Jersey is a thing in regards to weather. right now in east NJ its 72 degrees, western NJ is 65. tonight's low is 51 and W NJ will be 43. we do have the Kittatinny mountains here. this is where we had a lot of our camping trips in the Boy Scouts. also were Bigfoot is supposed to be chilling out.
Kittatinny Mountain (Lenape: Kitahtëne[1]) is a long ridge traversing primarily across Sussex County in northwestern New Jersey, running in a northeast-southwest axis, a continuation across the Delaware Water Gap of Pennsylvania's Blue Mountain (also known as Kittatinny Ridge). It is the first major ridge in the far northeastern extension of the Ridge and Valley province of the Appalachian Mountains, and reaches its highest elevation (the state's highest), 1,803 feet, at High Point in Montague Township. Kittatinny Mountain forms the eastern side of Wallpack Valley; the western side comprises the Wallpack Ridge (highest elevation: 928 feet (283 m) above sea level.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
you should know that Central Jersey is India Jr. and the West Jersey/East Jersey is a thing in regards to weather. right now in east NJ its 72 degrees, western NJ is 65. tonight's low is 51 and W NJ will be 43. we do have the Kittatinny mountains here. this is where we had a lot of our camping trips in the Boy Scouts. also were Bigfoot is supposed to be chilling out.
Kittatinny Mountain (Lenape: Kitahtëne[1]) is a long ridge traversing primarily across Sussex County in northwestern New Jersey, running in a northeast-southwest axis, a continuation across the Delaware Water Gap of Pennsylvania's Blue Mountain (also known as Kittatinny Ridge). It is the first major ridge in the far northeastern extension of the Ridge and Valley province of the Appalachian Mountains, and reaches its highest elevation (the state's highest), 1,803 feet, at High Point in Montague Township. Kittatinny Mountain forms the eastern side of Wallpack Valley; the western side comprises the Wallpack Ridge (highest elevation: 928 feet (283 m) above sea level.

Woah 7 degrees difference its like two totally different seasons! You can drive across NJ in less than an hour, that doesn't qualify for any extra geolocation descriptors.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Woah 7 degrees difference its like two totally different seasons! You can drive across NJ in less than an hour, that doesn't qualify for any extra geolocation descriptors.
i didnt say that. i said west NJ has different weather than east NJ. 40 degrees we could get a rain storm. while 33 degrees in W NJ its a major snowstorm. different weather.

• 1Moron

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Parents live a fair distance outside of a town of 2,000 people in MS. The town is now getting a starbucks, aldis and chick-fil-a. Crazy. Guess people fleeting towns now expect things.
Chick-fil-A means it qualifies as civilization.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You sire, must have never driven in NJ. You cant go three miles in an hour much less across a bridge or the entire state in an hour.

I lived in the boonies mostly. Only had to drive 95 regularly the last 2-3 years before I moved. Nothing like going from 80 mph to a dead halt with 4-5 lanes

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I lived in the boonies mostly. Only had to drive 95 regularly the last 2-3 years before I moved. Nothing like going from 80 mph to a dead halt with 4-5 lanes
Try crossing the GWB while the sun is up.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Try crossing the GWB while the sun is up.
it takes about a half hour to get from the Lincoln or Holland in NYC to the toll booth in NJ. another half hour just to get from there over to Rt 80. if you are hitting up the Jersey Shore, 90 minutes to 2 hours and then add another hour if you feeling frisky and want to see Wildwood. this state is small but it takes a long time to get through it.

• 1Like