Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’m still
Pretty well buried in. Not like I’m going anywhere since there is still a driving ban. Got bout 55 inches of snow from 9 pm Thursday to 4 and Saturday. Been digging out every few hours til the snowblower or myself needs a break. I’ll be back out on the roads tomorrow by my 2nd car is buried and I have no where to put the snow holding it in so I might be fucked for a week or two
maybe elon can send you one

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Coming home from dinner last night and the snow started dropping on Long Island. Mind you it was about 39 degrees so it wasnt sticking, but it was some seriously heavy shit. Wind was absolutely whipping and driving the snow sideways like in some movie.

Lived in Point Lookout year round for 3 years as a bus-stop waiting kid. Some days that wind would come in horizontal and the "mist" was ice blast. I still have a frozen forehead.

Time has not been kind to the beaches of Pt. Lookout.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Damn.

buffalo-snow-storm-pics-4.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd take snow like that in a heartbeat, over the freezing rain & sheets of ice in the Midwest with half the people driving way too fast and the other half slowing down to 20mph in the middle of the fucking highway.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

I'd take snow like that in a heartbeat, over the freezing rain & sheets of ice in the Midwest with half the people driving way too fast and the other half slowing down to 20mph in the middle of the fucking highway.

With freezing rain or the like, you can at least just try to avoid driving if possible for a while and it will get resolved

Getting feet of snow sucks because unless you live somewhere that handles the cleanup, your ass is going to be stuck outside for hours clearing that crap

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With freezing rain or the like, you can at least just try to avoid driving if possible for a while and it will get resolved

Getting feet of snow sucks because unless you live somewhere that handles the cleanup, your ass is going to be stuck outside for hours clearing that crap
I have a fire station three blocks down the road from me. Guess who gets the plows rolling down their street before the snow stops?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

I remember being in Minneapolis during a bad blizzard and other than main streets nothing was cleared. On the street I was on the were dozens of residents, including me, hand shoveling the road. It was kind of awesome. That was almost 40 years ago, it's hard to imagine that would happen today

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember being in Minneapolis during a bad blizzard and other than main streets nothing was cleared. On the street I was on the were dozens of residents, including me, hand shoveling the road. It was kind of awesome. That was almost 40 years ago, it's hard to imagine that would happen today
Happens today. If you arent on a main or secondary road you can wait days/week to get plowed on like a cul de sac here. Its why lots of folks have a light plow or know someone with one.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
During one of the bad DC-area storms a decade ago we only had our main road plowed halfway through the storm, none of the courts. There was a good chance it would freeze solid and we'd all be stuck for a couple weeks so my brother and I shoveled a one lane path from our driveway to connect up. Then the house opposite us did their side so they could also get out. Everyone further down clued in that we wouldn't get another plow and shoveled/snowblowered their part of the road all the way down. Other courts were not so smart and the freeze happened, sucked to be them.

County got bitched at from all over so plow service started to improve since that year and we never had to repeat the feat. Didn't start as a communal thing but we got the ball rolling with the first leg.

• 3Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

I saw it go last time. I will probably try and get a ticket and go check it out this time.

Nothing ties together mommy nature, half understood science, geology and astronomy like seeing an active volcano piping up liquid magma thru a skinny chimney from below the ocean floor. We should throw Biden in it as an offering to Pele.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

We had a solid 5 feet in Cleveland one storm, about 10 years or so ago. Drifts were eating cars and you know, there are ZERO trucks out, on any street. They finally got the trucks rolling down my north south main road (W. 25th) by morning. Side residential streets locked in for at least 2 more days or so.

I remember people just going out and making sure the trapped cars didn't have people in them (the BIG snow happened fast. You went out the wrong time to the bodega? Yer stuck now.).

Some people who did not understand Our Ways and were stuck on 25th, asked if we could help dig them out. Yeah. We'll be right back with our shovels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Woah. Big cold just roared through NW PA. Temps were just above 50 when I woke up. Pressure drop, now the cold air is seeping into the region. Foothills territory these days I am. Allegheny Nat. Forest an hour away to the east. Bigger ridges and valleys. Lake Erie air masses collide into the great mountains. And Canada says, "Hi!" to NW PA.

• 1Pathetic

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good ol South. Finally rained so first week of December and having the yard mowed while it's 75F.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First time in quite a few years we have a shot, will be cold enough for it to stick around til Sunday too

1671157877915.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Got a bit of snow this week. Here's my back deck...

1000000673.jpg

• 3Like