Weather

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Storm kept shifting north overnight. We are officially out of the cone of death. Looks like rural Florida gonna take it.

View attachment 488521
More northward swing over the last 3 hours.

1693322197322.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like this could reach a strong 3 too a cat 4 by the time it makes landfall. Its going to do some damage that is for sure.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like this could reach a strong 3 too a cat 4 by the time it makes landfall. Its going to do some damage that is for sure.
There is a wall of strong wind shear it is going to hit that should do some real damage to it. I think it hits as a Cat 1, maybe a Cat 2.

1693332423530.png

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The panic buying jn orlando area is funny. Fucking ems fire guys at the BJs spreading fear monger news contrary to facts and fucking place was flooded with chicken littles

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
The panic buying jn orlando area is funny. Fucking ems fire guys at the BJs spreading fear monger news contrary to facts and fucking place was flooded with chicken littles
My wife and I were having a good laugh over the weather channel coverage. Of course they do their storm surge 3D graphic over what appears to be a regular neighborhood nowhere near water. Trying to sell it like a tsunami of storm surge. Can't wait to see Jim Cantore getting blown around on the streets.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is a wall of strong wind shear it is going to hit that should do some real damage to it. I think it hits as a Cat 1, maybe a Cat 2.

View attachment 488570
Really seems like they're hyping this one up to be way more than it will be.

And yeah, most of the forecasts (individually) show it as a Cat 1 or 2. For some reason NOAA and everyone else is calling for it to be a major storm? Doesn't make sense.

10L_intensity_latest.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its those fucktards with their fear mongering for ratings that really get people killed. they forecast the end of the world over and over, people stop listening and ride out the future storms until a real deal big dick storm lights everything up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Really seems like they're hyping this one up to be way more than it will be.

And yeah, most of the forecasts (individually) show it as a Cat 1 or 2. For some reason NOAA and everyone else is calling for it to be a major storm? Doesn't make sense.

View attachment 488576
It does when you remember who the Governor of Florida is and how they will do anything possible to throw shade on him.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
its those fucktards with their fear mongering for ratings that really get people killed. they forecast the end of the world over and over, people stop listening and ride out the future storms until a real deal big dick storm lights everything up.
We went through Andrew. Andrew was one scary motherfucker of biblical proportion. When I see them trying this shit with a Cat 1 or 2 after modern building codes have been put in place the last 30 years, its such horseshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Current track now has it landing in the middle of the mangroves. Absolutely uninhabited part of the bend. If a Cat 5 hits land and no one lives there, does it really matter?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't speak for the panhandle, but Northeast Florida has lots of farming, not much swamp. It is mostly swamp south of Orlando though.

• 1Like