Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Visiting my parents in southwest MS this week about 100 miles north of New Orleans.

It reached 82F yesterdayand was still 70F at 8pm. This morning at daylight it was 28F and raining and the ice was getting pretty thick on the road. Supposed to be 25F here tonight. Everything here is already bloomed out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Came home in an absolute rage today. Commute in took 2.5 hours and then 1.5 hours home. Saw a foot of snow in my driveway. Spent the next hour screaming obscenities and at one point I looked to the sky with both arms our stretched and screamed "SUCK A FAT FUCKING DICK OH WAIT YOU ALREADY ARE"

Gentlemen I am now the crazy in my neighborhood

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I for real almost died today on the way home from work. Slid about halfway down this hill, asshole clenched so hard I was looking for diamonds after. 2 wheels actually slightly came off the ground. Then the wheels caught, turned me out of the skid, and I trucked on silently until it was safe to brake and I just had to stop for a minute in my car and think. I never missed smoking so much in my life.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I for real almost died today on the way home from work. Slid about halfway down this hill, asshole clenched so hard I was looking for diamonds after. 2 wheels actually slightly came off the ground. Then the wheels caught, turned me out of the skid, and I trucked on silently until it was safe to brake and I just had to stop for a minute in my car and think. I never missed smoking so much in my life.
Wait aren't you guberment, it was a snow day here.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm a dirty contractor, I could have taken pto but I actually like my job and have a lot to do so I didn't wwant to miss a day, plus I figured it would be quiet.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We go by OPM but still have to use pto if we don't come in. Next mod we're supposed to get authorization to telework, not that it does me any good.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I started my motorcycle today and let it run for a while while I sat and watched it. I love winter, but I miss riding the bike.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Snowed like a champion in WV, solid inch of ice/slush then 7" of snow and still going. Uploaded assignments the kids can do on their new iPads while off from school. iPads are a pain in my ass, so I'm going to make sure they're a pain the ass for the kids too.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I should preface this with the fact that I'm not trying to brag with the following statement. I'm actually quite worried about the next year for us here.

Currently it has been mid 50's and sunny here in Seattle. We haven't actually had a winter this year, and I'm scared to think of what the non-existent snowpacks are going to do to the farmers in Eastern WA, or hell, the West coast in general.

Most of the outdoor shops around here are really struggling as well. So many of them have lost their asses this year on having to discount gear even after ordering quite light. Here's to hoping that we get a late spring snowpack that will get us through this summer.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
For about the 20th time this winter we have gone from sub-zero to 50 above in 48 hours. The forecast is in the 50s all week and I'm hoping it just sort of turns into spring now since this is officially happening:

MFIHLP0h.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Came home in an absolute rage today. Commute in took 2.5 hours and then 1.5 hours home. Saw a foot of snow in my driveway. Spent the next hour screaming obscenities and at one point I looked to the sky with both arms our stretched and screamed "SUCK A FAT FUCKING DICK OH WAIT YOU ALREADY ARE"

Gentlemen I am now the crazy in my neighborhood
This started 2 winters ago for me, after Nemo.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I should preface this with the fact that I'm not trying to brag with the following statement. I'm actually quite worried about the next year for us here.

Currently it has been mid 50's and sunny here in Seattle. We haven't actually had a winter this year, and I'm scared to think of what the non-existent snowpacks are going to do to the farmers in Eastern WA, or hell, the West coast in general.

Most of the outdoor shops around here are really struggling as well. So many of them have lost their asses this year on having to discount gear even after ordering quite light. Here's to hoping that we get a late spring snowpack that will get us through this summer.
Yep. This winter started out like it was going to be a relief from the drought. Rained a ton in November and December and haven't had anything since. They were saying CA had one more dry winter's worth of reserves left. This could be the first summer that crop yields could actually be affected.