Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
another video, check out at 1:42, and then immediately go to like 2:15. You can see, in just 30 seconds, between those 2 frames, the water rising. That bridge in this video below too is the one that I posted earlier that washed away.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've never seen it rain this much in Texas in my life. It's pretty crazy we are getting tons of rain almost daily for a month straight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Travis county (including Austin) is now under a boil water notice from all the rain and sediment entering the water system. I think yesterday they asked residents to reduce use of water and now boil water notice.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Travis county (including Austin) is now under a boil water notice from all the rain and sediment entering the water system. I think yesterday they asked residents to reduce use of water and now boil water notice.

Yeah we are hit with it in Bee Cave as well.

And.. lots more rain on the way. Its crazy. We've had an unbelievable epic drought in 2011 and since then Austin area has had three 500-year floods. They say that Lake Travis will probably hit 715-720 feet, over 10 feet higher than it's ever been and spilling over Mansfield dam, which is downright scary.

1540254823414.png

Key-elevations.png

1540254904877.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thankfully the hurricane that hit Mexico ended up being a mega-dud for us, and we got like 2-3 inches more rain, but thats it, not enough to really flood anything. They were saying another 7-10 was possible.

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Supposed to get snow tomorrow, possibly tonight. This would be like 2 weeks earlier than it's snowed since the first year I moved up here and that year we got a lot of snow and it was super cold. Hopefully it doesn't end up being rain instead.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It hasn't froze here this year yet. But yesterday it sleeted for about 5 minutes. Odd. Considering the temp was in the low 50's all day.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The fuck is all this white stuff on the ground

I'm not ready for this shit

Shaping up to be another year with five months of snow here in the neither Thumb of Michigan.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
we're actually supposed to get a freeze in these parts tonight. damn you chloroflorocarbons!!!

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Was supposed to fly into st louis tonight. Huge storm staying my ass home in sunny Florida.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DC/Baltimore beltways being generously salted this year for the first wintry scare tomorrow morning. Like in all cases expect it to be a dud except for North/West

edit: surprisingly, snow/sleet extended all the way to Annapolis and La Plata. Overreacting was the way to go.

StormTotalIceFcst_lwx_Nov14.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5-8 inches of snow before Thanksgiving. Good times in the Garden State today.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
5-8 inches of snow before Thanksgiving. Good times in the Garden State today.

yeah not a legit shock, we had several years of snow on halloween in NJ. but still sucks every time. supposed to get half a foot. thats nothing to the midwest, but you guys have an infrastructure built around mega snow. NJ has fuckall.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a total shit show here in Morris County. 80 west is closed, parts of 46 is closed, as well as 287. For this amount of snow is a joke. I have only seen it this bad during an ice storm, or foot plus of snow. The state seemed totally unprepared for this.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is a total shit show here in Morris County. 80 west is closed, parts of 46 is closed, as well as 287. For this amount of snow is a joke. I have only seen it this bad during an ice storm, or foot plus of snow. The state seemed totally unprepared for this.
well we got a full on ice storm now , they closed down the Port Authority and left thousands of commuters to fuck off on their own and get home somehow. this state is run by democrats completely now. what did you expect?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We got about an inch of ice this morning, and about four inches of snow after. Everyone took about 10 extra minutes to get to work this morning.

God bless the midwest.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users