Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was supposed to fly into st louis tonight. Huge storm staying my ass home in sunny Florida.
3 of my coworkers flew into St Louis yesterday for a meeting today (generally lasts about 7 hours). They wanted me to go but I made up a fake appointment for my wife that ended up getting "cancelled."

The 3 of them spent the entire meeting on a cell phone in a hotel room. Felt a little bad for them, but what a bunch of suckers!

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Forecast really missed it pretty big this time. For the last few days they've been talking about it getting colder. Not cold like the midwest and such but cold for here. Down to 20F and clear.

It was 45F at 4am. At 5:30 walked outside because I thought I heard a wreck. 30F and snowing and road icing. Missed that forecast. Maybe I heard someone run off the road.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Someone fucked up their projections for usage. Buy a space heater and turn down your thermostat before we run out of natural gas.

Xcel asks some customers to turn heat down to 60 to prevent natural gas outages

PRINCETON, Minn. (FOX 9) - Xcel Energy is asking some customers north of the Twin Cities metro to turn their heat down to 60 degrees or lower to prevent widespread natural gas outages in the area.
Xcel is experiencing a “significant strain on our natural gas system due to extreme weather conditions,” according to a statement.
Customers in Becker, Big Lake, Chisago City, Isanti, Lindstrom and Princeton are being encouraged by the company to turn their thermostat down to 60 degrees or lower and to avoid the use of other natural gas appliances, including hot water.

Xcel suggests using electric space heaters to heat their homes. The Minnesota Fire Marshal's office is reminding people the importance of using space heaters correctly to prevent fires. They recommend keeping combustibles at least three feet from space heaters, plugging space heaters directly into an outlet and not an extension cord and not leaving space heaters unattended.

• 1WTF

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was about 9am here.

20190130_090202.jpg

• 1Like

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
As the temperature dropped last night we started experiencing cryoseisms (frost quakes), I woke up at least 5 separate times to a ridiculously loud boom and cracking noise. Kind of scary when you're not expecting it, I've lived in this area for 25+ years and this is the first time i've ever experienced it.

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
As the temperature dropped last night we started experiencing cryoseisms (frost quakes), I woke up at least 5 separate times to a ridiculously loud boom and cracking noise. Kind of scary when you're not expecting it, I've lived in this area for 25+ years and this is the first time i've ever experienced it.

Yeah we had those in CT during the last temperature crash a few weeks ago, it was two days in the single digits or single negatives, after a lot of rain that saturated the ground. Really weird effect.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the weather dumbfucks here in NJ keep forecasting snow and the salt trucks are spreading the salt around like crazy and we havent had any accumulation for the entire month. hell, we havent had any accumulation of any snow since mid november of 2018. not complaining about that, but there is so much salt blowing around now that it feels like 2016, post election.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Read an article a month or so ago that so much salt is added in winter to roads now it's starting to show up in rivers and streams long term. Dunno how much validity it had tho.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just had a nasty snow squall here in NJ. Sky went black, and went straight to total whiteout conditions a minute later. Haven't seen something like that happen in ages here.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just had a nasty snow squall here in NJ. Sky went black, and went straight to total whiteout conditions a minute later. Haven't seen something like that happen in ages here.
what part of jersey and when? i'm up here in Essex and we didnt get shit. not even anything to cover the windshield. its just cold.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what part of jersey and when? i'm up here in Essex and we didnt get shit. not even anything to cover the windshield. its just cold.

Morris County. We got about an inch and a half of snow in about 10 minutes. Sky is bright, and snow ended after about 15 minutes. Started roughly at 3:15.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
We've been getting warnings for them all day, rolling through CT 2-6

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Morris County. We got about an inch and a half of snow in about 10 minutes. Sky is bright, and snow ended after about 15 minutes. Started roughly at 3:15.
the wind just started rolling in like crazy, but no snow squalls. weird, you're only like 30 minutes away.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Pfft, I grew up in Alberta and listened to people who lived in Saskatchewan call us pussies when we bitched about the cold

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
SJ here and just a shitload of wind. They said we were supposed to get snow yesterday too and it was over 40 degrees most of the day.

• 2Like