Weather

This just looks unpleasant:
0820_Fig2_hwrf-laura-aug26.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
NM media embeds won't let you do what I wanted.
Just go to twitch and enter Hurricane Laura

A quick link some streams are live locations some just being busy bodies chatting. Expect them to go up and down
Most of the storm chasers are on the safer side of the storm for live storm chasing and not doing it live( which is why I don't like them, all about their bucks )but if this hurricane don't shift course soon they could be closer to the action than they thought.
Don't have Facebook and not familiar with Youtube live to ever get to what I want so if you have those cams post em up.

Good Galveston cam and pointed in right way. Should be mild but survive to show show.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
From wiki:

" Lake Charles, located on a level plain about 30 miles (48 km) from the Gulf of Mexico, has an elevation of 13 feet (4.0 m) "

From the Eye on the Storm blog:

" the 11 a.m. EDT Wednesday NHC advisory calling for a peak surge of 15 – 20 feet along the western Louisiana coast. "

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good thing is, probably going to do a eyewall cycle before landfall . Hopefully it will lose a little speed when that happens and doesn't have a lot of time to intensify again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Am I a horrible person for the fact that my only take on Hurricane Laura is that I'm pissed that it's shifted course just enough that I won't get any good rain coverage for my lawn out of it?

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
In the Cameron cam( Upper right ) you can watch the lawn vanishing
Every 10 seconds or so another small chunk vanishes to the right side

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Grandmother about 2 hours or a little more north of Houston off 59 no power now about an hour and probably weeks now.

Straight for Lake Charles which is almost nothing land wise. This will be bad, everyone went to sleep last night thinking cat 2 which most could endure and have before. Now 12 hours to move entire cities out, not good. Hotel reservations in Baton Rouge filled up at 5 am.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
This is very cool. An attempt to model the severity of the hurricane in 3d. the height dimension is greatly exaggerated. Maybe. Big pic.
EgY_s5SXgAABJOz-1598492181.7539.jpg

Wait, that's isometric right? Go for the eye, boo.

• 1Like