Weather

Rime

<Donor>
Calling for a foot on the low end, with upwards of two in my area. With a special caveat that 'isolated elevations' (where I am) will likely hit over two feet before it is over.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Kept hearing people freak out about the storm and took a look at the forecast. 1-4 inches in my area of northern NY.

Meh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Freezing rain / ice overnight is the big concern down here. Snow totals were underwhelming even if we get more tomorrow afternoon.

edit: not even midnight and you can see from the street lights everything has a glistening ice sheen already. Didn't realize they raised the projections
StormTotalIceWeb1_0131.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just had to clear a path out back because the dogs couldn't push open the dog door. I just saw something 12 inches and white. There may be hope for us yet.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats quite a bit of snow. just cleared my car off. i have a convertible, with the snow it looked an SUV. gotta be a few feet already.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
thats quite a bit of snow. just cleared my car off. i have a convertible, with the snow it looked an SUV. gotta be a few feet already.
The Shepherd was belly deep running around. The little mutt was like a dolphin, jumping out of the snow and then disappearing only to jump again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It snows just infrequently enough here on LI, that everytime it does I forget from the last time how much of a workout it is shoveling the shit. And I dont have a snowblower because of that infrequently word I said previously.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The size perspective can really fool you too, the snow by itself doesnt loook too bad, then you get out in it and you realize, that little lump of snow you need to brush off in a minute is actually a few feet and you`re already out of your depth. My car is covered as if i didnt do a damned thing out there.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got a final burst this morning for an extra 2.5" that only stuck to existing places. Barely any shoveling aside from cleaning off the cars.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Was at 28" this at 6am. Up to 35" now as of 2pm. Snow is supposed to continue on and off until tomorrow afternoon.

Have not had this much snow in a single storm since the 2007 Valentine's Day Blizzard. Was so heavy, that with the wind, it froze the auger on my blower. Had to take a bucket of coals from the stove and dig a pit, then park it on top for a few minutes.

Getting too damn old for this shit. Each storm makes me consider moving to Tennessee or the Carolinas more.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
got the snow off the ragtop again, this time it was easier. it warmed up so everything slid right off the other side. when i backed out, it left a car sized crater. i hope it doesnt do this shit again on sunday to monday. we need time to melt this shit.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That face you make when the wife asks you why you are going out to shovel the driveway because her jeep wrangler with the lift kit had no problems getting out and you drive a BMW...

david tennant rage GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users