Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Shrimp boat caught in the storm of 100 mph winds that came up instantly.Dad coaching his son over the phone. 4:08 for some pretty large wave action not common in the gulf unless it's a hurricane. I like what his dad who is now retired from shrming said in the article. Hurricanes you can get out of the way, this was just there with no warning. Coast guard still looking for boats.

One boat was tied to the pillings at the dock. Wind blew it over and pulled the pililngs out of the ground. Protected waters.

image1_jpeg-1904426.JPG

Pic of what a jack up boat looks like.
Pic after the storm.

Seacor-Liftboat-1.jpg

Louisiana-lift-boat-capsizes-A-dozen-people-are-missing-after.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Models predicted the unusual storm. National Weather Service out of New Orleans discounted it (no reason given) and didn't issue a storm or gale winds warning.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
the house was so old, the closet was no bigger than a linen closet
My old house was the same. Each bedroom had a closet that was like 28" wide and that was it for the whole house. I guess people didn't have that many clothes back then.

Fucker

Log Wizard
My old house was the same. Each bedroom had a closet that was like 28" wide and that was it for the whole house. I guess people didn't have that many clothes back then.
My last house had wide but shallow closets. Shallow as in coat hook width shallow.

All the houses in that state had tiny garages but certainly could have used large garages. Here, everyone hangs giant garages onto tiny houses and don't use them.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't mind the heat for the most part, but right now is the worst it gets in Vegas. When it's forecast to not go below 89 degrees for several days there's just no break. Over 100 degrees through like midnight.

They backed off it a couple days ago, but for a while today was forecast to be 117 today, which would tie the all-time highest temp recorded at LAS (last hit this mark in 2017).

At least it's dry. I'd certainly take this over that humid stuff you posted Kharzette Kharzette

1623872752790.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Brutal!

Last week there was supposed to be 5 straight days of 100+ but the weather people got it wrong. I remember the saturday it was heat advisory omg drink water etc, and it never got much past 80. They need better AI

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
75F and sunny here in MI. But we did have 2 week long 85F-90F stretch. Its nice to open up all the windows and at night it gets down to mid 50s

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not on par with you masochists in the southwest, but my home town hit 109 yesterday. The previous record high for June 15th was 97. Not every day you break an all time record by 12 degrees.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't mind the heat for the most part, but right now is the worst it gets in Vegas. When it's forecast to not go below 89 degrees for several days there's just no break. Over 100 degrees through like midnight.

They backed off it a couple days ago, but for a while today was forecast to be 117 today, which would tie the all-time highest temp recorded at LAS (last hit this mark in 2017).

At least it's dry. I'd certainly take this over that humid stuff you posted Kharzette Kharzette

View attachment 358542
I'm working grave right now and it was 100 when I left for work at like 10pm. Fucking hate this heat already and it's not going to get better.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nasty storms here last night. Only the 2nd or 3rd time in the last 10 years we’ve had tornado warnings in Chicago burbs. Before that? Even longer.
My phone warning went off and I started yelling at my wife to turn her alarm off. Then about 20 seconds later I looked at my phone and realized what I actually heard.