Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I did noticed when i got top bna sw desk was packed, even had ppl just camping out, i flew aa this time and count myself lucky. I'm doing Italy with friend and they flew delta and got rerouted to jfk from Philly, delay and delay flew into milan, no luggage, hotels rqstaurant closed and they take the train to see me in rome.

And still no idea how delta will get their luggage to rome, if not pick them up in Milan,afterwards. i count my blessings no delay and double aisle seat too! Praise be to mithaniel marr
so just to finish this luggage story, the 2nd day their luggage got rerouted to milan, even tho theyre in rome w/ us (of course they laid out their itinerary to delta), on our last day of rome 1 luggage go rerouted to fco rome airport, one stayed in milan and 1 never left jfk, so dude had to take a taxi to airport to pick up luggage b/c luggage transport ppl got the airbnb wrong.
now we're in florence, 1 bag is being rerouted from milan to florence, 1 bag is still in jfk, obviously we're out doing tourist shit so the bag is being rerouted to the airbnb owners business address and he's nice enough to take possession

here we part ways, wife and me goto venice and they go back to milan, 3rd bag is still in jfk

i actually got a tile(airtag for android, cuz they are pixel users) to make their kid wear it in case he got lost, and besides being useful 2x in the trip, theyre now buying a bunch to tag their bags now, ha.

me? didn't have an issue, i've travelled international enough to know that i only want to have 1 carryon and 1 backpack, and i'll either do laundry/buy new clothes my carryons can expand and i carry a souvenir duffle bag in case, and i airtagged all the luggage too just in case.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
so just to finish this luggage story, the 2nd day their luggage got rerouted to milan, even tho theyre in rome w/ us (of course they laid out their itinerary to delta), on our last day of rome 1 luggage go rerouted to fco rome airport, one stayed in milan and 1 never left jfk, so dude had to take a taxi to airport to pick up luggage b/c luggage transport ppl got the airbnb wrong.
now we're in florence, 1 bag is being rerouted from milan to florence, 1 bag is still in jfk, obviously we're out doing tourist shit so the bag is being rerouted to the airbnb owners business address and he's nice enough to take possession

here we part ways, wife and me goto venice and they go back to milan, 3rd bag is still in jfk

i actually got a tile(airtag for android, cuz they are pixel users) to make their kid wear it in case he got lost, and besides being useful 2x in the trip, theyre now buying a bunch to tag their bags now, ha.

me? didn't have an issue, i've travelled international enough to know that i only want to have 1 carryon and 1 backpack, and i'll either do laundry/buy new clothes my carryons can expand and i carry a souvenir duffle bag in case, and i airtagged all the luggage too just in case.
We are looking at Florence this summer. How is it there?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We are looking at Florence this summer. How is it there?
last time i went i rated venice/florence/positano/rome as my rankings, now i'd rate rome/venice/florence

guess i just changed, rome has the better food, night life, transport (taxis were easy and plentiful to nab, take you from 1 end to the other in 15mins for 10euros). while venice has the freedom of no cars and you can take the boats to take you around anywhere if you don't want to walk for 30mins, but the city dies at 8pm it's also when ppl start dinner reservations cuz theres nothing else to do.

i think florence is just in the middle of not being a real city like rome and too big to be a quaint walking village like venice, i wouldn't choose florence over other cities if you haven't been, but the rail is cheap and easy enough to get you to the other cities

if youre able to book a rail early in the morning and find an air bnb that will accept 10am check in, then you really don't loose much vacay time just take a 2hr nap on the train.

just saying i'd rather portion more time to the other cities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
last time i went i rated venice/florence/positano/rome as my rankings, now i'd rate rome/venice/florence

guess i just changed, rome has the better food, night life, transport (taxis were easy and plentiful to nab, take you from 1 end to the other in 15mins for 10euros). while venice has the freedom of no cars and you can take the boats to take you around anywhere if you don't want to walk for 30mins, but the city dies at 8pm it's also when ppl start dinner reservations cuz theres nothing else to do.

i think florence is just in the middle of not being a real city like rome and too big to be a quaint walking village like venice, i wouldn't choose florence over other cities if you haven't been, but the rail is cheap and easy enough to get you to the other cities

if youre able to book a rail early in the morning and find an air bnb that will accept 10am check in, then you really don't loose much vacay time just take a 2hr nap on the train.

just saying i'd rather portion more time to the other cities.
Technically, we have a villa in Tuscany we are grabbing for a week and Florence is the closest real city which is why I mentioned it. Our plan is to fly into Rome and see it for a couple of days and then rail it up to Florence and then taxi to Tuscany. I honestly just want to relax and enjoy being in the middle of nowhere for the week. Explore the small villages/towns/vineyards in Tuscany.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Technically, we have a villa in Tuscany we are grabbing for a week and Florence is the closest real city which is why I mentioned it. Our plan is to fly into Rome and see it for a couple of days and then rail it up to Florence and then taxi to Tuscany. I honestly just want to relax and enjoy being in the middle of nowhere for the week. Explore the small villages/towns/vineyards in Tuscany.
1 or 2 day tours is also an option, just hop on a bus and they'll take you to pisa, chiante, sienna

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's how it is in Atlanta, except instead of sewage overflowing into your storm drain the storm runoff backs the sewage up into your basements. We had four inches of sewage in the basement twice when I was a kid.
I bet that happened last Tuesday. I live in Athens GA and I can assure you there was some back-up. It was not in houses but it was certainly in the open.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So we still don't have everything fixed. The plumbers are all buried in work.

After our 6 days with no water, we got the basics going but all the holes where they tore out the busted pipes were freezing us. One void in particular was rather large...

I went into the kitchen a couple nights ago and there was a large possum up on the counter :emoji_laughing:

I ran for my rifle but it had already fled. I thought I closed up where it came in but I was wrong and it came back in later and tore into some bread that was left out.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Alabama is getting hammered with bad wind and tornados. I'm in MS at my parents but the news feed listed the town my girlfriend is from and lives near. Sent a text and she responded back. Lot of damage. 9am I was on the porch here in MS and had to come in it started raining sideways and I was getting drenched.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For the first time this year we have two days of below average temperatures. But then it will bounce back for the rest of the month and we'll have the warmest January on record.

Zero shoveling, we shall see what February brings.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
talking mr. mackey GIF by South Park

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
More Tornados. Looks like Baytown and Passadena were getting hammered.

Just starting to rain here in SW MS. One of those days, 20 degrees warmer forecast for midnight than it was in the day. Predicting 4" or rain in 3 hours or so later.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man made climate cooling going to fuck us up.

Unlike warmer weather, cold weather will kill tons of people. At a minimum through starvation. If there were actually anything to man made climate change, we need to start ramping that shit up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man made climate cooling going to fuck us up.

Unlike warmer weather, cold weather will kill tons of people. At a minimum through starvation. If there were actually anything to man made climate change, we need to start ramping that shit up.
yea global warming could be offset by a good glass of iced tea, while global cooling, you are the icicle