Weather

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, temperatures have been pretty high, but it has been over 90% humidity for about 3 weeks now. I hate it.
That's what's been killing us the last couple weeks in Florida. It's always hot this time of the year, but the humidity has been bonkers. The air actually feels thick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3.7" but wind gusts were nonexistent here, sounds like all the damage and power outages are primarily north and west of DC. 2" from main storm and then the rest from bands that formed overnight. Lawn is not complaining and neither is the rabbit that has stuck around since spring. This lazy bun that doesn't bother to hide in a bush half the time

IMG_0131_50perc.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
IMG_20230808_140321.jpg
What last night's storm did to Westminster, MD, not too far from us.
We have no power at the house, and no idea when it might be back up.

• 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I never been to Maryland, I heard Baltimore is a shithole, but isn't Rockville supposed to be a fun place?

I grew up near there and don’t particularly remember anything of note out there. I imagine it’s more of a shithole now, too, along with all the other suburbs that were nearby. I guess it’s where Bethesda studios is now, though.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Why do you have poles every 20 feet? At that point why not underground lines

Common in that area of the country. Every now and again a city will pony up the money to bury lines on a few streets, but more often than not it’s all above ground shit

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It was 111 and humid here today, then a big ass storm rolled through. Power went out a few times then Thor turned it up to 11 and we got pounded by crazy lightning for a good hour. Power was out for an hour or two, but when it came back on my house and 1 other had nothing.

I called them and they got here really fast and had it fixed in 30 min or so.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
California is about to get super fucked with flooding.

I didn't realize how infrequent they are, but apparently there have only been two tropical storms to hit Southern California in the last century. And both were fizzled to almost nothing. This one is going to hit Baja as a category 4 or 5, and might actually still be quite strong by the time it works its way up to California.

For areas that only get a few inches of rainfall all year, getting it in one day is going to be crazy. Like I know normal 0.1" rainfalls in the desert and our roads would all flood. They're forecast to get 4-8 inches.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
California is about to get super fucked with flooding.

I didn't realize how infrequent they are, but apparently there have only been two tropical storms to hit Southern California in the last century. And both were fizzled to almost nothing. This one is going to hit Baja as a category 4 or 5, and might actually still be quite strong by the time it works its way up to California.

For areas that only get a few inches of rainfall all year, getting it in one day is going to be crazy. Like I know normal 0.1" rainfalls in the desert and our roads would all flood. They're forecast to get 4-8 inches.
God taking matters into his own hands.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

Oldbased

> Than U
It won't even be a hurricane by the time it undresses up that coast. TS if lucky. More likely depression. Will get the rains though.
1692325026894.png

I do like it is called Hilary though hah

• 3Like