Web Serials

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
HWFWM is about to get spicy for the first time in a while.
He's headed to Kindle Unlimited and Audible on March 9th.

Although I'm confused, since he's keeping book 1 on Patreon. Either I do not understand properly the KDP rules, or his book is about to get nuked the next day - KDP is an exclusivity deal for 6 months minimum, and the patreon copy would violate that rule?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Tried out reading some older completed series, figured I’d give a review:

Transcendence? - Andur - this is one that had I started reading while it was still in work I would have never bothered to finish, which would have been the correct move. The characters are pretty awful and the story just jumps from ridiculous plot to ridiculous plot where the protags are always much more powerful than everyone else so it’s kinda pointless. Wouldn’t recommend.

Viceroy’s Pride - CocoP - this one was pretty good and I’d recommend it if you’re looking for something completed. It’s basically fantasy’s and sci-fi mixed together (space elves and space orcs are the bad guys). The story is pretty well paced and the litrpg elements are light compared to other royal road series’. Basic premise is an elven ship lands on earth and thinks that the humans there would make great fodder in their war against the space orcs, but things don’t go well for the ship. The rest of the story is about Dan who got assigned to research the elven ship and technology, and gaining their magic to fight back.

velk

Trakanon Raider
finished book 1 of knight and smith.

17 thousand word last chapter. book 2 starts next monday. he is starting a patreon.

excellent first book. not that many spelling errors, interesting characters, good dialogue, good premise, very good initial world building.

I'm partway through this one at the moment, a bit clumsy writing wise, but fun and entertaining read.

I offer a thumbs up.

Also partway through 'Two Worlds', which is different from the usual RR fare - it's milsf basically, following various military personnel in different branches in a mid-future setting kind of like Starship Troopers ( the movie, not the book ). This is not bad, but the characters aren't very likeable - Coop is a grade-a dickhead, and Lt Gold's first actions are using corruption and nepotism to get a ship command he isn't qualified for.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I'm partway through this one at the moment, a bit clumsy writing wise, but fun and entertaining read.

I offer a thumbs up.

Also partway through 'Two Worlds', which is different from the usual RR fare - it's milsf basically, following various military personnel in different branches in a mid-future setting kind of like Starship Troopers ( the movie, not the book ). This is not bad, but the characters aren't very likeable - Coop is a grade-a dickhead, and Lt Gold's first actions are using corruption and nepotism to get a ship command he isn't qualified for.
Two worlds is decent but the chapters tend to be short and are at best weekly (it's not unknown for an update to be delayed a week). Once you catch up, it takes forever (real time) for the plot to advance.

This is opposed to (say) TWI where 20-30k word chapters are the norm and there's lots of plot advancement. It's kind of crazy how much worldbuilding the series has done by now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Spoiler warning for those following Magic Smithing. It's my Feb/March Patreon sub (I usually sub at least 2 months periodically to any web serial that I really follow - and boy, the author draws over $9,000 per month on that one).

Shit is about to hit the rotating impeller.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On Re:Monarch what is the time on his reset? It kicks him back 2 weeks or a month or something? But relative to the time he dies at. He doesn't go back to the beginning. Reroll (I started this because of the name alone!) has also been a good restart novel.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Spoiler warning for those following Magic Smithing. It's my Feb/March Patreon sub (I usually sub at least 2 months periodically to any web serial that I really follow - and boy, the author draws over $9,000 per month on that one).

Shit is about to hit the rotating impeller.
I've been Patreoning that guy for a bit now. The only one I do. I am curious where it's going. It's well written.

I need to get on this RoyalRoad money train someday when I have more spare time. I have loads of half finished stories!

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
On Re:Monarch what is the time on his reset? It kicks him back 2 weeks or a month or something? But relative to the time he dies at. He doesn't go back to the beginning. Reroll (I started this because of the name alone!) has also been a good restart novel.
I don’t think it’s a set time. The way I see it is he essentially has checkpoints that he has to reach, if he dies he goes back to the last one. We don’t know enough to really know if he can get to a “bad” checkpoint where bad shit goes down but he survives.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don’t think it’s a set time. The way I see it is he essentially has checkpoints that he has to reach, if he dies he goes back to the last one. We don’t know enough to really know if he can get to a “bad” checkpoint where bad shit goes down but he survives.
These are checkpoints that Thoth set up in advance or some shit? Also, the current Enclave mystery is good shit. .

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn something finally happened in Delve.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I dont mind people dying but this arc is shitty and everyone is pissed because this arc of nothing happening has been dragging on for like 6 months. I'll take it. Especially since its one chapter a week.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I dropped delve a month or two ago in the middle of nothing fucking happening for months. It’s one that I may pick back up a year from now and see if it’s gotten anywhere, but small chapters at 1x a week with nothing happening in each chapter? Pass.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I dropped delve a month or two ago in the middle of nothing fucking happening for months. It’s one that I may pick back up a year from now and see if it’s gotten anywhere, but small chapters at 1x a week with nothing happening in each chapter? Pass.
Things happen, but very few of them. Most chapters have a kind of sameness to them that make them blur in your mind, which isn't good. (New) stuff does happen, but not often. It's still way above most RR stories in terms of writing per se, but it is probably starting to suffer from serialitis, in which the serial nature means important things can't keep happening too fast or the author will face a writing block.

In unrelated news, those who read Threadbare (the series with a stuffed bear golem necromancer) will be happy to know that apparently the sequel is incoming. Expect book 4 chapter 1 to appear very soon on RR.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He Who Fights With Monsters

Announcement: book I coming soon to Kindle and Audible​

Unfortunately, the rules for Kindle Unlimited mean that the chapters for book one can no longer be made available here.
Free chapters will continue to be released on the regular schedule.
Chapters 1-113 will be available on Patreon starting at the $1 tier. These are the pre-edit version (same as Royal Road/Scribblehub), not the cleaned-up ebook versions. Ebook/audiobook will be available on Kindle, Kindle Unlimited and Audible starting March 9th.

The first chapter currently available on Royal Road is 114.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
He Who Fights With Monsters

Announcement: book I coming soon to Kindle and Audible​

Unfortunately, the rules for Kindle Unlimited mean that the chapters for book one can no longer be made available here.
Free chapters will continue to be released on the regular schedule.
Chapters 1-113 will be available on Patreon starting at the $1 tier. These are the pre-edit version (same as Royal Road/Scribblehub), not the cleaned-up ebook versions. Ebook/audiobook will be available on Kindle, Kindle Unlimited and Audible starting March 9th.

The first chapter currently available on Royal Road is 114.
Now nothing can happen in .mobi format

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I already put them in mobi format. These are from the Royal Road page, so not the official 1st book copy. I break them into 10 chapters per mobi file.

I put it with all of my other mobi series, here:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Apocalypse: Generic System is back. Which has been pretty enjoyable.