Web Serials

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have been reading Re: Monarch the last couple of days, and it is fantastic. Retarded name or otherwise I probably would have tried it earlier

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Ceria, the half-elven mage. And of course Calruz, the minotaur leader, but I can't remember now if he got all his skin ripped off or he just disappeared under a sea of undead. I didn't read at all over the weekend, and I've got a few things lined up today at work, so might be a bit before I can read further and find out. I'm purposely not looking at the table of contents because I don't want to see how many chapters I have to wait for different pov's. Or how many Ryoka's I have to dread.
Calruz's death (like a lot of adventurers there) was not explicitly shown.

I forget how long until it happens, but Ryoka runs away and doesn't come back for like an entire book. While she becomes less of a cunt after a while, she still has a lot of issues.

The story gets crazy.

There are *Space Marines* in it, eventually. :p

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Calruz's death (like a lot of adventurers there) was not explicitly shown.

I forget how long until it happens, but Ryoka runs away and doesn't come back for like an entire book. While she becomes less of a cunt after a while, she still has a lot of issues.

The story gets crazy.

There are *Space Marines* in it, eventually. :p
There is a benevolent Lich-King that shows up later. He's pretty cool and becomes a friend to one of the (sort of) main characters.

There's a scene where 'monstrous leaders' are aware they are being scryed and troll the observers with comments about how they have weapons of mass destruction and are quickly making more. It's totally ridiculous, as the 'monsters' are terrible at lying.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have been reading Re: Monarch the last couple of days, and it is fantastic. Retarded name or otherwise I probably would have tried it earlier
Okay this is good shit. Re: Apocalypse or Reborn: Apocalypse by LM Kerr is also great if you avoided that one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Okay this is good shit. Re: Apocalypse or Reborn: Apocalypse by LM Kerr is also great if you avoided that one.
I have issues with M. Kerr re-releasing his third book in that series due to massive editing problems. Even if he promised a free copy for anyone who had previously purchased it, that's the kind of move that makes me drop an entire author, no matter how good his series are.

Rohan Vider almost got me when he re-released his Crota series in a non-litrpg classic fantasy version.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have issues with M. Kerr re-releasing his third book in that series due to massive editing problems. Even if he promised a free copy for anyone who had previously purchased it, that's the kind of move that makes me drop an entire author, no matter how good his series are.

Rohan Vider almost got me when he re-released his Crota series in a non-litrpg classic fantasy version.
I noticed that. I thought I read volume 3 but when I didn't find it again on the kindle store I instead thought I was just crazy.

I kind of burn through these books so any editing issues I probably just ignored. By the end of book 3 he was going to the floating island level or something? And some conspiracy in the fantasy warring states land?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I kind of burn through these books so any editing issues I probably just ignored.
It's a bit worse than that. He says he's rewritten entire sections of the book to fix the issues in them.

Which means you have to re-read the newer book if you want to continue the series, since I'm expecting some "uh? when did that happen?" issues to crop up later.

So, no.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gonna try it out. I will say after the first chapter I am already extremely sick of the word genius

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There is a benevolent Lich-King that shows up later. He's pretty cool and becomes a friend to one of the (sort of) main characters.

There's a scene where 'monstrous leaders' are aware they are being scryed and troll the observers with comments about how they have weapons of mass destruction and are quickly making more. It's totally ridiculous, as the 'monsters' are terrible at lying.
I sincerely hope all this cool stuff starts soon. I just got to read half a chapter where the two main Earth characters discussed how evil Trump is and how flabbergasted they are that he won the election.

I get that two real 20'ish females from Earth that just discovered each other in a fantasy world might have a very similar talk, but as an author you get to choose what you put down on the page. She chose for one of them to be obsessed with chess and a little air-headed, and she chose for the other to be a barefoot runner and a massive cunt. She could have just as easily chose that neither of them cared or knew much about the election, and thus never brought it up. Or at least didn't discuss it in detail like she had them do.

I picture this author as blue-haired and "healthy at any size".

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I sincerely hope all this cool stuff starts soon. I just got to read half a chapter where the two main Earth characters discussed how evil Trump is and how flabbergasted they are that he won the election.

I get that two real 20'ish females from Earth that just discovered each other in a fantasy world might have a very similar talk, but as an author you get to choose what you put down on the page. She chose for one of them to be obsessed with chess and a little air-headed, and she chose for the other to be a barefoot runner and a massive cunt. She could have just as easily chose that neither of them cared or knew much about the election, and thus never brought it up. Or at least didn't discuss it in detail like she had them do.

Those things I mentioned do not happen for quite some time, but the scope of things widens quite a bit. Very little Earth politics is in this story, so I wouldn't worry about that.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Really there’s very little political shit after that. There’s a character that is some sort of weird trans thing but it’s not until much later and so far it hasn’t had many pages. It just sucks because the character is never introduced to the reader that way until long after the reader already likes the character, kind of a bait and switch. And of course there’s the obligatory gay characters, but honestly the story has inter species relationships thought of as completely normal, if you can accept that then a couple of dudes banging really isn’t much. There’s also the slyphids which I guess technically have a gender but they are essentially parasites that take over bodies.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Really there’s very little political shit after that. There’s a character that is some sort of weird trans thing but it’s not until much later and so far it hasn’t had many pages. It just sucks because the character is never introduced to the reader that way until long after the reader already likes the character, kind of a bait and switch. And of course there’s the obligatory gay characters, but honestly the story has inter species relationships thought of as completely normal, if you can accept that then a couple of dudes banging really isn’t much. There’s also the slyphids which I guess technically have a gender but they are essentially parasites that take over bodies.
The story is huge. These things are very minor compared to the scope of everything going on.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gonna try it out. I will say after the first chapter I am already extremely sick of the word genius
Oh yeah he drops it fast enough. Geniuses of combat is some weird Wuxia bullshit they keep using.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Fehotep is great, and Khelt is obviously the place you want to live ;p

Ironic given that Khelt is the most totalitarian dictatorship that could conceivably exist, given that Fehotep is not only in charge of everything, he's literally both the military AND the industry of the entire country.

velk

Trakanon Raider

This is good stuff. Obvious Re:Zero inspiration, but that is kind of a given from the name I guess.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
finished book 1 of knight and smith.

17 thousand word last chapter. book 2 starts next monday. he is starting a patreon.

excellent first book. not that many spelling errors, interesting characters, good dialogue, good premise, very good initial world building.

nice twist at the very end of book 1.
Heirs are "pure souls" they take/adapt to the SMITH's elements...also Tessa is a Smith... and Heirs can have more than one smith..... author says not going harem route with the story.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
finished book 1 of knight and smith.

17 thousand word last chapter. book 2 starts next monday. he is starting a patreon.

excellent first book. not that many spelling errors, interesting characters, good dialogue, good premise, very good initial world building.

nice twist at the very end of book 1.
Heirs are "pure souls" they take/adapt to the SMITH's elements...also Tessa is a Smith... and Heirs can have more than one smith..... author says not going harem route with the story.
Yeah, really strong start. Not perfect or anything but definitely worth reading