Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Wednesday

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Mystery, Comedy

First aired: 2022-11-23

Creator: Miles Millar, Alfred Gough

Cast: Jenna Ortega, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzmán, Thora Birch, Riki Lindhome, Jamie McShane, Hunter Doohan, Georgie Farmer, Moosa Mostafa, Emma Myers, Naomi J. Ogawa, Joy Sunday, Percy Hynes White, Victor Dorobantu, Gwendoline Christie, Christina Ricci

Overview: Wednesday Addams is sent to Nevermore Academy, a bizarre boarding school where she attempts to master her psychic powers, stop a monstrous killing spree of the town citizens, and solve the supernatural mystery that affected her family 25 years ago — all while navigating her new relationships.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They should of dropped this around Halloween. Either way will watch this.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Watched the first 3 episodes. It is stellar!

Fantastic characters with a lot of the elements from Burton's Addam's Family movies. Not at all shallow so far. In fact, there seems to be a LOT going on beneath the surface plots. Cast is great-- really on point. Jenna Ortega carries a heavy weight and does it well. B

Music is phenomenal too. Lots of easter eggs, none of which derail the episodes in any way. Smartly done.

I'm liking it a TON.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Following up--

Finished the mini-series. Although it dragged a little in the middle episodes, and it turned away from its dark early themes toward teenage soap-opera sappiness, it still gave me a ton of dumb entertainment (as well as a few unexpected surprises).

It's not deep stuff, but damn I loved it!

I hope it gets a season 2 (but having pulled from the goth/dark themes it started with, I am not sure that it can be more than a Smallville/90210/Gossip Girl without some sort of anti-emotional reboot.

But I'd still watch it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was worth the watch. It works pretty well. I would watch a season 2.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looks like utter shite in the trailer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Have watched half so far. Like it a lot. Wife likes it. Daughter binged the whole season loved it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is very YA and you can tell each of the influences behind it. Very Tim Burton but a restrained version since the last decade he’s gone totally bonkers and off the rails. At the same time very Gough and Millar Smallville.

The entire “I liked it, Wife liked it, Kid liked it” type reviews should tell you what you need to know.

It didn’t seem necessary to make this Addams family based, it could just as easy be any of the other teenage secret society young adult shows NetFlix did. But they do incorporate Addams stuff really well and Thing is pretty great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only watched the first episode, but Guzman is just creepy as hell as Gomez. I imagine he's probably not in the show very much though. Raul Julia just ruined it for everyone else though. He was perfect.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Only one episode in, but so far it's fun to watch. Seems high budget too.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think it's funny that Wednesday is a "strong female protagonist" who can kick men's asses, but she's a creepy supernatural sociopath so it's belivable and enjoyable to watch

Just shows how weird all the non supernatural "strong female protagonists" are.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Watched the first 4 episodes. The best way to describe this would be a Harry Pottery CW show. Not at all what I expected.

It is pissing of people for not being diverse enough, I thought it had tons of obvious netflix diversity casting. Was funny the one asian character has sunglasses on 95% of the time so you cant tell she is asian.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first 4 episodes. The best way to describe this would be a Harry Pottery CW show. Not at all what I expected.
Thats exactly what I thought as well. It felt like Wednesday was sent off to Hogwarts. They leaned all in on the magic aspect and less of the paranormal.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database