Wednesday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I had already described it to someone as "Harry Potter for goths" and "Harry Potter in the Addams Family universe"

I said Nancy drew in the addam's family world. The current nancy does paranormal shit too, but other than being a demon baby Nancy is a normal girl.

I was worried about this because wednesday was always one of my least favorite characters. But they did a great job adding all the addam's family stuff into a supernatural YA mystery series.

Not a fan of the personality. She's just a bitch.

Pretty sure she's autistic. Maybe ossoi can confirm, he seems to be an expert. Manipulative, doesn't feel empathy, wishes she did feel empathy, hyper focused, no hugging. Some of those also work for psychopath, so maybe an autistic psychopath?

It's a winning recipe for a TV investigator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure she's autistic. Maybe ossoi can confirm, he seems to be an expert.

First of all, it's important to note that being autistic is not something that can be accurately diagnosed without a thorough evaluation by a qualified medical professional. Accusations of autism without any evidence or evaluation are not only unfair, but they also perpetuate harmful stereotypes about people with autism.

Furthermore, it's important to remember that autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that is characterized by difficulty with social communication and interactions, as well as repetitive behaviors and interests. It is not something that can be "rebutted" or "defended" against, as it is not a character flaw or personal failing.

Instead of trying to rebut accusations of autism, it would be more productive to focus on educating others about what autism actually is, and to advocate for acceptance and understanding of people with autism. By doing so, we can help to reduce stigma and discrimination against individuals with autism, and create a more inclusive and supportive society for everyone.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
First of all, it's important to note that being autistic is not something that can be accurately diagnosed without a thorough evaluation by a qualified medical professional. Accusations of autism without any evidence or evaluation are not only unfair, but they also perpetuate harmful stereotypes about people with autism.

Furthermore, it's important to remember that autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that is characterized by difficulty with social communication and interactions, as well as repetitive behaviors and interests. It is not something that can be "rebutted" or "defended" against, as it is not a character flaw or personal failing.

Instead of trying to rebut accusations of autism, it would be more productive to focus on educating others about what autism actually is, and to advocate for acceptance and understanding of people with autism. By doing so, we can help to reduce stigma and discrimination against individuals with autism, and create a more inclusive and supportive society for everyone.

I thought Autism was just the new politically correct name for retard? ;)

Cybsled

She is just an emotionally repressed person as a result of doing that to avoid emotional pain. They kind of already showed it when she is little and those kids murder her pet scorpion and she vows not to let herself be vulnerable like that again, but they show she does have strong emotions still when she gets sad thinking that Thing will die

Plus she had subtle tells. She wouldn’t blink or act robotic unless she got a pang of emotion or got flustered. You see it with Enid and the guys she liked

Chris

Potato del Grande

Being someone who works with autistic kids, as does my wife, I'm convinced that it doesn't exist and is just bad parenting.

• 1Seriously?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Being someone who works with autistic kids, as does my wife, I'm convinced that it doesn't exist and is just bad parenting.

You say that autism isn't real,
But you're so very wrong, it's hard to believe.

You must not know of those who struggle each day,
To communicate and make themselves heard in their own way.

They may be non-verbal, unable to speak,
But that doesn't mean they don't have thoughts and feelings deep.

They use other means to express their inner world,
Through technology, art, or simply a look or a twirl.

Autism is a complex and varied disorder, Affecting each person in its own unique way.
To dismiss it as make-believe, Is misguided and unkind, I must say.

So please, learn more about autism,
And see the beauty and strength in those it affects.
Only then can you truly understand,
The truth about this disorder and the people it connects.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Enjoyed this show. Ortega killed it as Wednesday.

Only thing that irks me is Tim Burton getting all the credit. Dude is highly overrated. He didn't write or direct this. Give those people the credit. Just like most his career, he either didn't write it/come up with the idea (Beetlejuice etc.) or didn't do either (Nightmare Before Christmas), yet he gets all the credit.

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Enjoyed this show. Ortega killed it as Wednesday.

Only thing that irks me is Tim Burton getting all the credit. Dude is highly overrated. He didn't write or direct this. Give those people the credit. Just like most his career, he either didn't write it/come up with the idea (Beetlejuice etc.) or didn't do either (Nightmare Before Christmas), yet he gets all the credit.

He directed the first four episodes and was the Executive Producer. Therefore it is fair to say he was the main creative influence, setting the tone and aesthetic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
He directed the first four episodes and was the Executive Producer. Therefore it is fair to say he was the main creative influence, setting the tone and aesthetic.
I'm fine with giving him SOME creative credit, but the way this show was billed, along with many other things that have been attributed to him, it's just flagrant false advertising. "From the imagination of" ....*checks notes* Alfred Gough and Miles Millar
Wednesday_Netflix_series_poster.png
543254325432.png

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm fine with giving him SOME creative credit, but the way this show was billed, along with many other things that have been attributed to him, it's just flagrant false advertising. "From the imagination of" ....*checks notes* Alfred Gough and Miles Millar

You clearly don't understand how TV works.

D&D didn't write and direct every single episode of GOT. GRRM didn't either. But D&D are recognised as the "showrunners".

Every single Hollywood TV series will have a "writers room" but every single writer in the room doesn't get credit on every episode.

"Showrunners Miles Millar and Alfred Gough started developing story ideas in 2019. They subsequently acquired the rights to the intellectual property before writing a pilot script, which they sent to Burton.[10] To their surprise, Burton immediately became interested upon receiving the script.[11] Commenting about his decision to join the project, Burton stated that he could relate to the title character's worldview and that the script "spoke to me about how I felt in school and how you feel about your parents, how you feel as a person. It gave the Addams Family a different kind of reality. It was an interesting combination."[9] Millar stated that it was "very important" to the creative team not to emulate the prior films and 1964 television series.[11] Millar and Gough decided to make the juxtaposition of "outsiders" and "normies" as well as criticism of colonial Americans major themes in the series.[12]"

So the showrunners sent the script to Burton - why? To lend the project some star power but also get his creative input.

It's like how Tokyo Vice had Michael Mann's name attached to it, generating a lot of publicity when he only directed the pilot and served as Exec Producer.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
of the 8 episodes imo Burton's episodes were more "addams family" tone than the last 4 which imo were lighter and wednesday was more Teen.

Finished the series with my wife last night, we both loved it.

spoiled just in case for those that have not seen the show yet.
i was waffling between kinbot or thornhill being the big bad, but was leaning towards thornhill and settled on her by episodes 6.

didn't like how tyler ended up being "evil" knowing what he was doing-but it does setup a potential redemption/romance scenario with Wednesday.

didn't like how Easily Weems was killed.

as to the last scene with the phone, how did the stalker get the phone number? only 2? people know that number- besides wednesday.
Xavier and the person who sold Xavier the phone.
so how did the person know Xavier bought the phone for her?
also sending a TEXT? so wednesday has the phone number of the person and unless said person dumps the phone immediately, had bought the phone with cash and used fake id and address, they can track said phone to the stalker. the police SHOULD be able to id the phone. phone model, find when it was registered, where it was bought, when it was bought get video of said person buying. etc........

looking online i see speculation for season 2 has Morticia speculated as being the new Headmaster with Weems Dead. Personally, i'd rather them go with someone Else. (nothing against CTJ, but i think a lesser role for Morticia would be better as just being Mother vs butting heads almost every episodes like Wednesday did with Weems)

a decent headmaster potential that is a relative,, Cousin IT!
Loved Enid, she was imo the best character besides Wednesday. No Summer Camp for Her!!!

Last edited:

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife thought this was a show we could enjoy together, so I sucked it up and started watching it with her.

After two episodes I started wondering if my prenup was still valid.

• 2Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She should inherit everything you own since you're already dead inside.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
She should inherit everything you own since you're already dead inside.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share my thoughts on why I think zombies would be more likely to enjoy horror and gothic themed TV programs than content featuring regular people.

First off, it's important to remember that zombies are undead beings, typically depicted as being reanimated corpses. This means that they no longer have the same interests and preferences as they did when they were alive, and their taste in entertainment may have changed as a result.

One possible reason why zombies would be drawn to horror and gothic themed TV programs is that these types of shows often feature dark and macabre themes that would be more relatable to the undead. Zombies, being dead themselves, may be able to connect with the characters and storylines in these shows on a deeper level than they could with content featuring regular, living people.

Additionally, horror and gothic themed shows often feature supernatural elements, such as ghosts, vampires, and other creatures that may be similar to zombies in some ways. This shared interest in the supernatural could also make these types of programs more appealing to zombies.

In contrast, TV shows featuring regular people may not hold the same level of interest for zombies. The everyday problems and experiences of living people may not be relatable to the undead, and therefore may not be as engaging for zombies to watch.

Overall, while there's no definitive answer to this question, I think it's reasonable to suggest that zombies would be more inclined to enjoy horror and gothic themed TV programs than content featuring regular people. The dark and macabre themes, as well as the shared interest in the supernatural, could make these types of shows more appealing to the undead.

What do you all think? Do you agree with my argument, or do you have a different perspective on this topic? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• 1Barf

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hello everyone!

I wanted to share my thoughts on why I think zombies would be more likely to enjoy horror and gothic themed TV programs than content featuring regular people.

First off, it's important to remember that zombies are undead beings, typically depicted as being reanimated corpses. This means that they no longer have the same interests and preferences as they did when they were alive, and their taste in entertainment may have changed as a result.

One possible reason why zombies would be drawn to horror and gothic themed TV programs is that these types of shows often feature dark and macabre themes that would be more relatable to the undead. Zombies, being dead themselves, may be able to connect with the characters and storylines in these shows on a deeper level than they could with content featuring regular, living people.

Additionally, horror and gothic themed shows often feature supernatural elements, such as ghosts, vampires, and other creatures that may be similar to zombies in some ways. This shared interest in the supernatural could also make these types of programs more appealing to zombies.

In contrast, TV shows featuring regular people may not hold the same level of interest for zombies. The everyday problems and experiences of living people may not be relatable to the undead, and therefore may not be as engaging for zombies to watch.

Overall, while there's no definitive answer to this question, I think it's reasonable to suggest that zombies would be more inclined to enjoy horror and gothic themed TV programs than content featuring regular people. The dark and macabre themes, as well as the shared interest in the supernatural, could make these types of shows more appealing to the undead.

What do you all think? Do you agree with my argument, or do you have a different perspective on this topic? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Benedict Cumberbatch Drinking GIF

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
a decent headmaster potential that is a relative,, Cousin IT!

The Grandmother. I can't remember her name. Much as I love cousin IT, that's a terrible choice for a character who will need to talk.

Needed more Uncle Fester. Fred Armisen is just too funny.

I hate Fred. But he knocked it out the park as fester.