Wednesday

Caliane

This is a weird one.

I was going to pass on this. Actually having super powers, going to wizard school. That really felt like, it was missing the point. As well as latching way too much on the movie depiction, especially the silly thanksgiving scene as pointed out.

but, lots of positive things said here. So, giving it a shot. Not too far in, but yeah, enjoying it more then I expected. Not a fan of the personality. She's just a bitch. I will laugh if someone points it out eventually. "you're not weird, spooky, too good for any of this. you are just a bitch."

The school thing, seems to be done well. I expected bad things. But, the joke is sortof Hogwarts, werewolves/vampires young adult shit IS mainstream these days. So Goth Wednesday among a bunch of Young adult fiction characters is prime for laughs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
but, lots of positive things said here. So, giving it a shot. Not too far in, but yeah, enjoying it more then I expected. Not a fan of the personality. She's just a bitch. I will laugh if someone points it out eventually. "you're not weird, spooky, too good for any of this. you are just a bitch."
You like the 90s movies and didnt think Ricci was a bitchy in that? lol.

Caliane

You like the 90s movies and didnt think Ricci was a bitchy in that? lol.
She wasn't my favorite character in those. but, I'd say it was more spotty. I hated the Thanksgiving scene. Shes wrong, and just being cruel. It was not a character just being herself, and that creating a clash.
that that character is now virtually identical to the modern woke feminist is certainly funny in its own right. Watched Winx and theres a character that practically says half that shit word for word unironically.

Caliane

and I got to the part where the Thanksgiving scene comparison is literal. "we were living in peace with nature and the natives, till you mean white man came and murdered all these innocent women for no reason" oh fuck off. This bullshit has been repeated so often, its now the mainstream, and people think its true.

Cybsled

Thanksgiving as we celebrate it is pretty much born from a myth more or less started in the 19th century. There were some celebratory feasts between the Wampanog and the Pilgrims after some conflicts vs. rivals, but that was standard back then. People forget that there was a lot of political machinations back then on the part of the natives - the Wampanog wanted to help leverage the assistance of the Pilgrims in defeating a rival tribe, for example. There was also like 50 years of peace until the head of the Wampanog died and then you had the King Philip War, where tribes like the Mohawk sided with the English vs. the Wampanog and Narragansett.

Did the natives eventually get fucked over by the people coming from Europe? Absolutely. But it is important to remember that early on, most of the tribes mostly entered into alliances of convenience with settlers or to gain an advantage over other rival tribes. Because they're human, and humans are fucking predictable when it comes to power.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Finished this up and it was a lot of fun. Hope we get a season 2. Only complaint is how awful the design and CGI of the monster was.

Caliane

fyi, She does get called out a bit for her shit. and she does reflect on the fact she does like people, and is hurt by them leaving. but they all just immediately forgive her and come back, with a few days.

in the end. eh. could be worse could be better.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She does have Thing return the silver nail polish and she did take an arrow for them.

Xavier using a GoT teleporter to reach the house they drove to was more jarring.

Chris

Potato del Grande
that that character is now virtually identical to the modern woke feminist is certainly funny in its own right.
She says a few SJW things and it's fucking hilarious coming from a sociopath who doesn't blink.

On that topic, the show kept me glued to the screen just to see if the actress would actually blink or smile at any point lol. It's a great performance.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
This wasn't bad - main actress was great for the part, and some nice visuals. Not super deep, but enjoyable. Only thing that I didn't like was her dad, he just seemed wrong - strong actor replacement syndrome I guess.

Caliane

Idk, I think Guzman was perfect.
NDEyOQ
LmpwZw

Sure the bombastic Julia performance is great. But, he's also a bit too dashing.
I'd say Jones was worse as Morticia. too emotionally, and motherly. Huston nailed that otherworldly gothic demeanor.

The flashback/younger versions of both were terrible. IDK what they were thinking. Had the actress never even seen The Addams family? did she even know who she was portraying?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thanksgiving as we celebrate it is pretty much born from a myth more or less started in the 19th century. There were some celebratory feasts between the Wampanog and the Pilgrims after some conflicts vs. rivals, but that was standard back then. People forget that there was a lot of political machinations back then on the part of the natives - the Wampanog wanted to help leverage the assistance of the Pilgrims in defeating a rival tribe, for example. There was also like 50 years of peace until the head of the Wampanog died and then you had the King Philip War, where tribes like the Mohawk sided with the English vs. the Wampanog and Narragansett.

Did the natives eventually get fucked over by the people coming from Europe? Absolutely. But it is important to remember that early on, most of the tribes mostly entered into alliances of convenience with settlers or to gain an advantage over other rival tribes. Because they're human, and humans are fucking predictable when it comes to power.
Once a year this pisses me off.

Thanksgiving was invented by Abraham Lincoln during the civil war. If you read his speech, an eloquent and short piece announcing the new holiday Thanksgiving, you'll notice it doesnt have anything to do with Pilgrims or Indians. (some may want to credit the magazine editor Sarah Hale since she suggested the idea to him; fair enough)

The gist of it: is let us thank God for His mercy toward us, even in the midst of this necessary war, and let us pray for the widows and orphans it has created; and let us pray that it ends soon.

This is a matter of historical fact, readily available if you search for it.

The holiday doesnt have anything to do with pilgrims. I am not sure why later efforts to tell a fictionalized story of "the first thanksgiving" somehow caught on as the meaning. Its like if everyone thought Christmas was really about Santa Claus and sat around talking about details of the Santa story every year and never mentioned the birth of Christ.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Once a year this pisses me off.

Thanksgiving was invented by Abraham Lincoln during the civil war. If you read his speech, an eloquent and short piece announcing the new holiday Thanksgiving, you'll notice it doesnt have anything to do with Pilgrims or Indians. (some may want to credit the magazine editor Sarah Hale since she suggested the idea to him; fair enough)

The gist of it: is let us thank God for His mercy toward us, even in the midst of this necessary war, and let us pray for the widows and orphans it has created; and let us pray that it ends soon.

This is a matter of historical fact, readily available if you search for it.

The holiday doesnt have anything to do with pilgrims. I am not sure why later efforts to tell a fictionalized story of "the first thanksgiving" somehow caught on as the meaning. Its like if everyone thought Christmas was really about Santa Claus and sat around talking about details of the Santa story every year and never mentioned the birth of Christ.
Can't you guys just burn effigies of Catholics on bonfires to celebrate during autumn like normal people?

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Can't you guys just burn effigies of Catholics on bonfires to celebrate during autumn like normal people?
Nah we celebrate murdering limey fucks. Not passive aggressively burning a dude who tried to blow us up.

• 1Edgelord

Homsar

So retards are pissed that the actress filmed this shit while testing positive for COVID, it's a miracle everyone is still alive.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So retards are pissed that the actress filmed this shit while testing positive for COVID, it's a miracle everyone is still alive.
Sounds like method acting to me. Wednesday would try to spread disease to everyone else no?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users